Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:18:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Purple Tentacle's Second Class Male - NOW UPDATED!!

Started by Purple Tentacle, March 06, 2006, 12:44:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timmay

Very very nice PT. And PLC.

I have nothing further to comment, other than Suzy (puke-girl) is delicious. You can let her know I have already Google'd her name, got her address, measurements, and favourite colour, and will be phoning her later to ask her to dinner.

Or if you speak to her before then, get her to call me on 07770 756 408.

Purple Tentacle

butnut

Quote from: "Timmay"07770 756 408.

QuoteMy mum wants to meet you! She knows Im gay dont worry.xx

Why are you ignoring me? Have I done something wrong? x

Need some advice. Boyfriend getting suspicious again.

I just met Justin from the Darkness. How random

Ive just sicked up over my best jeans

PT/PLC - Just wanted to add another 'marvelous' to this thread. I thought that it was really well done, and I'd have estimated the budget as being much higher. I'm no cinema expert but I thought it was far better than most of those short films. Good luck with it!

Hairy Chin

Des Nilsen

That's fackin' beautiful! I liked the drugs party. Top acting all round! ;)

-

El Unicornio, mang

Just watched it. Very impressed, I must say, especially considering how little it cost to make. Good acting too, and I like the fact that you got the coppers looking real, all too often in low budget films they'll just have a couple of people in a shirt and tie with really fake looking police hat and badge.

Also, in case you missed it in the GD thread, myspace has a section for filmmakers:
http://collect.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=film&MyToken=befce90d-35f9-4bb6-85df-bac253774eba

It's free to sign up, and you can upload films to your page which are up to 100MB each. With millions of visitors going on myspace every day it might be a good way to expose yourself to lots of people (so to speak)

Tom Rad

I'll just add my praise to that of the others'. Well done, PT and PLC - it does look very professional!

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: "Tom Rad"Well done, PT and PLC - it does look very professional!

Seconded, or how ever many we're up to now. My gut reaction was that I was disappointed when it finished. Perhaps I'm being underambitious for you here but have you considered pitching this as a series to BBC2, you know, like Posh Nosh or Marion and Geoff? I reckon that would work really well.

I've finally seen this now.  I really do sound like Gary Lineker don't I.

That's a very odd walk I've got too.  I hope I don't always walk like that - looks like I've crapped my kegs and don't want to smear it around my cheeks.

Purple Tentacle

A Request

Hello everybody, thanks so much for your feedback!

I'm currently trying to clear 'Fuel My Fire' from Beggar's Banquet, the Prodigy's label, for free, but it's looking like I might need to pay £300 for festival distribution.

Sod that, so if anybody fancies sending me a 15 second music extract that you'd be happy for me to use in the party scene that you've composed, that would be fantastic.

Is this a cheeky request? I have absolutely no idea, apologies if it is.

The only guideline is that it's got to be the same 'atmosphere' as the extract from 'Fuel My Fire' that I used.

Oh, and obviously you get the unbelievable honour of being credited at the end. Imagine!

Cheers!

Morrisfan82

I haven't seen your filum (can't d/l big media files), but tell me where the section you used of Fuel My Fire starts (just note the time on the CD/mp3) and I'll knock something up tonight.

Purple Tentacle

Morrisfan82

Check your PMs, Purp. And your e-mail, for that matter.

Purple Tentacle

Fucking excellent, wonderful stuff, I'll upload it tomorrow!!!

Timmay

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"Fucking excellent, wonderful stuff, I'll upload it tomorrow!!!
Today is tomorrow. Where is it? Don't keep your audience waiting.

The Duck Man

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Timmay"
Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"Fucking excellent, wonderful stuff, I'll upload it tomorrow!!!
Today is tomorrow. Where is it? Don't keep your audience waiting.

Sorry, I had a tranny come round my flat unannounced yesterday so I had to go and hide in Oxford Street for three hours.

This is actually true.

It's the sequel.  Geefe discovers the wonderful world of Sacharel.

Purple Tentacle

Apologies for the delay to the mildly curious.

Muteki's new non copyright infringing music

Lemony Snicket's Series of Mildy Amusing Outtakes

1) My insane prune neighbour sneaks up behind me (off camera, sadly) with a coat over her face as she is terrified of the lights. Notice the fear in my voice.

2) Mrs Tentacle turns the film into an advert for Pizza Hut. I wanted to make this the final shot of the film and sell it for a million quid.

3) The swearing neighbours

4) Just an ordinary outtake, really.

Turn the sound up for these, by the way.  Oh, and I haven't bothered to field-remove or apply any filters to these extracts, so all you video-purists can sigh and think what might have been.....

Hehehehe, "I forgot I was in a film".  I'd completely forgotten that.  Definitely one for Dennis Norden that.

More more more.  I want more.  Surely you've got that woman thinking I'm a tramp on camera.  Or, *ahem*, what I wrote on that notebook...

Purple Tentacle

I've got about 5 hours of footage on the original tapes, but I only really digitised the official takes and a couple of bits I found funny.

Maybe in 10 years' time when public demand for an anniversary DVD is keeping me awake at night with the constant phone calls and restaurant-interruptions I'll have another look at the raw footage, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't filming the woman offering you coffee, my focus-pulling is beyond appalling so the disparaging comments you wrote on the notepad are illegible, and Paul stopped filming when Prune Woman actually staggered up the stairs with the coat over her face, murmuring to herself.

If I recall, most of the raw footage is of you looking cold and grumpy. And me having a massive screaming match with Mrs Tentacle, calling her a "nagging CUNT!", then apologising to Suzy (the bird) in the same voice as Richie from Bottom uses when he's complimenting women on their blouse.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"And me having a massive screaming match with Mrs Tentacle, calling her a "nagging CUNT!", then apologising to Suzy (the bird) in the same voice as Richie from Bottom uses when he's complimenting women on their blouse.
And why do you think we wouldn't want to see this?

Purple Tentacle

Massively self-indulgent bump

With the invaluable help of mrpants, what with his professional audio skillz and access to a dead posh audio suite, we've massively improved the audio on the film.

Second Class Male - Remastered (right-click, Divx, 45MB)

There are plenty of improvements, most noticably I got PLC back into the studio to record a new voice-over that didn't sound like it had been done on my sofa, there's a new atmos track, some replaced dialogue, I've actually taken out the word 'cunt', and mrpants did some foley work and a whole load of other clever stuff.

We spent a good couple of days on it, and then, for a joke, produced...

Second Class Male - The Two Pints Remix (right-click, 45MB, blah blah)
as a joke.

Except we spent over 3 hours on it, taking it dangerously seriously. And now I've poisoned my own mind as I now can't watch the original without missing the remix version. You'll understand if you watch it, but please don't say 'it's better than the proper version', even if you really really think it is. I couldn't take it.

Thanks for all the comments and constructive criticism by the way. Let me know what you think of the new cleaned-up version (and the remix if you must). Feel free to delete the old version from all your many desktops now.

Circusfire

Hmm...I think there were a few bits in PLC's dialogue in the original version which sounded better, due to the way he emphasised certain words.

Also, one is rather disappointed the word cunt was removed. But in general the new version is an improvement.

I enjoyed the remix, as a joke though. It isn't better than the proper version.

Lee

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Circusfire"Hmm...I think there were a few bits in PLC's dialogue in the original version which sounded better, due to the way he emphasised certain words. .

Are you talking about 'you cow'?

I initally recorded a voice-over with my own voice to edit around (PLC did his original V/O after the picture edit was finished), and I deadpanned 'you cow' rather than shouted it. Some people said the original version was funnier, some people said PLC's version was funnier, so I decided to go with the one I didn't do last time. I still don't know which is better though.

I took 'cunt' out because a) it's the third piece of dialogue, and it feels a bit rough to drop a 'cunt' in so early in a film, and I thought it might look like I'm trying to be wacky and 'edgy', and b) it's the only time 'cunt' was mentioned in the film, and it wasn't really necessary. PLC improvised his 'cunt' anyway, it wasn't in the script. And c) there was a horrible silence from my mum after 'cunt' came up, and I don't want to have to live through that again.

Personally I'm just delighted to have stolen Two Pints of Lager's laughter.   Class, moronic laughter.