Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:33:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Nuages Gris: Clouds, skies, sunsets, beaches (photography thread)

Started by Sam, March 09, 2006, 08:57:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam

I thought we could have a specific photography thread for just wonderful pictures of skies, which are a favourite of mine. Spectacular sunsets, huge brooding clouds, and if possible throw in some water and you have a lovely pic. Here are a few of mine taken recently, through this winter. All in North Cornwall and all within 5-10 mins' walk from my house. (And all taken with a bog standard camera phone)

(PS: Spot the helicopter!)

I love this: on the left you have a canal which runs into the sea (via a working lock gate), then next to it on the right you have a path which almost looks like water, then you have a river that runs into the sea and ahead the sea. I like the effect of the parallel strips of water.

The view from my bedroom window when it was snowing in December:

Lady Beaner

Sam

Nice! I love the first one especially, and the carpet of clouds is now my desktop wallpaper!

Lady Beaner

Ah, cheers! I was a bit bummed about the sunshine in the last one, but it'll do! I do like your 4th pic! The 11th one too (above snowy garden) is amazing.

slim

Hmmm, none of these images are working for me. Must be my ISP if you can see each other (fnar).

Jemble Fred

I've written a short kid's story that basically takes place in that cloudy landscape just up above. It needs illustrations.

Thank you very much Lady B. ;)

Lady Beaner

:-)

Hang on... do I get a fucking credit?

Errr... I mean, ahhhh as long as it pleases the children! ;-)

Jemble Fred

Ah, it's only a squib really – the very first kid's story I ever wrote. Wouldn't ever see the light of day unless I got a few more accomplished stories published first. But I liked the idea of clouds like the pic above being a real landscape you could walk on.

In fact, it's such a squib, I might just post it up on here tomorrow.

You'd certainly get full credit if I did use it!

Neville Chamberlain

I like big blue skies, me.

Mook: where's that second picture?

Almost Yearly

Cornish reposts agogo, nothing new to see here, move along ...

Jacob Sladders

Pitch Stitch-up

God's Goatse

mook

Quote from: "Jim"

Mook: where's that second picture?

Somewhere in Bruge, don't ask me whereabouts though, that place is absolutely filled to the gunwhales with monk ale.

Sam

Quote from: "Lady Beaner"Ah, cheers! I was a bit bummed about the sunshine in the last one, but it'll do! I do like your 4th pic! The 11th one too (above snowy garden) is amazing.

Cheers. The cool thing is those pics aren't accidents; I can get views that good or better every time I leave the house. I rule!

fanny splendid

It's about five minutes walk from the Brugge Ibis hotel as you walk towards the centre.

And it isn't always sunny...

Edit:

It's the bridge just before the church, up from the hotel.

Mediocre Rich

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The first photo is the best so far. The colours from the reflection on the beach set it off really nicely.

That massive Tour Eiffel shot is bloody good too.

sproggy

Well if AY can do it then so can I

This one is quite famous and is on the BBC website *smug* CFB

Unusual contrail.

slim

Is anyone else having problems with these images? Anything on photobucket isn't loading for me :(

Lady Beaner

I see all. Photobucket hates you.

Are you just getting the red cross boxes?!