Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 08:12:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

John Profumo dead

Started by Adrian Brezhnev, March 10, 2006, 09:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian Brezhnev

.... of a heart attack last night

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,1727997,00.html

He was 91... but I never really imagined him as being that old. Because of his heydey being the 60s, and having only ever really seen pictures of him from around that time, I didn't really imagine that he was now like this-

Pinball

"Wa-heyyyyy!!"

Edit: I meant the hair, I'm not dancing on his grave..

Jemble Fred

Wa-hey what? You mean his hair, or for some reason huge celebration at his death?

It's impossible not to feel sorry for the randy old thing, isn't it? Imagine your name just becoming synonymous with sleaze, even in death.

RIP Ian McKellen.

Pinball

He was a willlllld guyyyyy.

The Duck Man

Fuck me, he's one of the scariest looking guys I've ever seen!

RIP, scary looking man.

LadyDay

I heard Anthony Howard talking about him earlier and he pointed out that the Profumo affair marked the end of the idea that figures in authority were to be respected and brought to an end the deference to politicians that had always been the norm. I've never looked at it like that before.

I wonder if in 40 years time we'll realise that the idea of David Mellor getting his end away in a Chelsea shirt was a turning point in British history.

Adrian Brezhnev

I doubt it- David Mellor is already largely forgotton, and that's only after one decade.

Pinball

Tony Blair's £4 million mortgage is interesting. I'd love to know who financed it. This equates to £16k a month in interest payments alone. If one accepts that actions speak louder than words, what does this say abour Blair..?

danielreal2k

"mmm lady in chair have i, print stories about me will you"