Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:59:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

[muso] Stage Pianos?

Started by peterperv, March 10, 2004, 12:38:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterperv

My old band kicked me out a while back. Now they've invited me back. I've accepted because they write good songs.

However, my problem now returns - the same problem as before...

I'm a keyboardist in this particular band, and I want to use a piano on stage for the gigs. I prefer using pianos to keyboards as it has the right sound and "feel" to it. No keyboard I have ever played has stood up to a keyboard - even these new Clavinova series by Yamaha. I don't want to not bring a piano onto stage with me - however I can't because that'd be just silly.

Therefore I need to look at altenatives.

What are they?

I've read in a couple of places I need to get a Stage Piano - and the one I've got my eyes on is the Kawai MP9500. Has anyone got one of these, or played them? Would they reccomend them? Which keyboards have you played with in the past that sound and feel EXACTLY like a normal piano? And does anyone know where I can get the Kawai 9500 from? I want to go to a shop, obviously - I want to try before I buy, etc...

Can anyone help me?

If this post seems very vague, that's because it's half twelve, i've been up since 5AM and I'm tired.