Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:51:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Work In Progress... comments please!

Started by Tom U4EA, March 10, 2004, 02:34:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom U4EA

http://www.elation-productions.com/random/tomstunes/soul.mp3

Bit of an odd one for me is this one... kind of DJ Shadow inspired, Orbital style slow breakbeat track... not really sure where I'm going with it.  I got a massive headache halfway through making it, and it ended up like this... any comments / suggestions would be most welcome...

Cheers!!

Tom.

EDIT: Damn... excuse my ignorance... only just noticed the Post Your Tunes thread above this... so sorry!!

TOCMFIC

One word: Funky! I like it. Too bad I could place the loop from "Long Stem" I think it is. Nice piece though. The early part reminds me of Aphex's music for the "Monkey Drummer" piece on the Chris Cunningham DVD.

Not bad at all mate!

5 Knuckle Shuffle

Quote from: "TOCMFIC"One word: Funky! I like it. Too bad I could place the loop from "Long Stem" I think it is. Nice piece though. The early part reminds me of Aphex's music for the "Monkey Drummer" piece on the Chris Cunningham DVD.

Not bad at all mate!

Is that DVD any good TOCMFIC? I am toying with the idea of getting either the Spike Jonze, Michel Gondry or the Cunningham DVD for my final year project research, as I'm also doing a music video.

Oh, the song's not bad Tom. Not my kind of music, but I'm not Michael Barrymore.

falafel

It sounds good to me, kind of a cross between Leftism-era Leftfield and... well, Rhythm and Stealth-era Leftfield.

If tihs was one of mine and I wanted to do more to it, I'd perhaps add a couple more layers of instruments, maybe a more aggressive synth lead towards the end (but not too much so), with some good ole portamento, to complement the breaks. I'd maybe work in a couple of very clean acoustic guitar arpeggios to counterpoint the main loop.

But I do like it as it is. Kind of lost my attention for a couple of seconds in the middle, but fundamentally it's a funky little track.

Get the Gondry one, 5KS, it's far and away the best.  Cunningham's is scant in comparison.

Tom U4EA

Thanks for all your comments... I'll try and finish it off... although I soon lose interest with tracks and move on to the next one, so I probably won't....!