Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:48:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Xbox 360 Live

Started by terminallyrelaxed, March 17, 2006, 02:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terminallyrelaxed

Quote from: "VegaLA"So we on for a few rounds of GRAW around 6pm ?

Sorry, I meant for Saturday.

You're on baby.

bill hicks

Traded in Fight Night for GRAW today.

Therefore an update is in order I feel:

Gamertag:
Cultofweaver

Games:
Project Gotham Racing 3
Call of Duty 2
Burnout Revenge
Fifa 2006 World Cup 2006 Germany 2006 World Cup 2006. 2006.
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter

And Halo2 but I've never bothered playing it.

I also have the MotoGP demo and can't stop playing it. It is immensely satisfying when you get to a decent level (i.e can stop the bike) and I shall be buying it as soon as I can.

Ron Seal

I'll put in a vote for Battlefield 2, the multiplayer is class.

bill hicks

Quote from: "Ron Seal"I'll put in a vote for Battlefield 2, the multiplayer is class.

I finally got round to playing the demo of that earlier and it was really good. I bought it for my Playstation 2 and ended up playing the first campaign mission and never picking it up again, I traded it in the end because of the 360 version so of course I haven't actually bought that yet.

It seemed good but I didn't know the vehicle controls, ran over one of my People's Army comrades and quit in shame.

Am currently playing Burnout Revenge. I am absolute fucking shite.

I also missed watching X-Men 3 for this. I'm giving it another half hour and then I'm watching Genesis of the Daleks.

EDIT: I gave it another 2 hours. It's quite addictive. I think I identified the cause of my shiteness. Not knowing any of the bastard tracks. By about lap 3 I was putting in great times, sometimes beating everybody else by 3 or 4 seconds. Unfortunately I'd crashed about 10 times on the preceding two laps and was nowhere near the front. Won a couple of individual races but could only tie for 1st on an event. I am currently 12,672 which I am slightly impressed by.

I also haven't eaten today so my reaction times and hand to eye coordination are just a touch more shit than normal (as evidenced by the amount of times I've had to use the backspace on this post).

One more game and I'm having a chip sandwich.

Ron Seal

Have you played SW Battlefront 2? the conquest mode in Battlefield 2 is very much like that only with spangly graphics.
I predict that I'm going to be hammering it this summer.

EFB

After playing the demo of Burnout Revenge, my girlfriend insisted that we get the full version.

Great isnt it :D

Jim Jarmusch

I didn't want to find and dig up the general games post so may as well ask here. There's sites that sell second hand dvds but are there any for games? I'm after so old gamecube titles and ebay isn't cutting it.

Ron Seal

They'll sell them at your local Gamestation, they're pretty reasonable too if I remember rightly.

terminallyrelaxed

Where exactly have I gone wrong here? Should I have made the text in the first post bigger? Maybe made it flash on and off in different colours? Perhaps some background music? Really, I'm at a complete fucking loss....

Ron Seal

Sorry if I'm helping to derail your thread Squire. Any how, I'm off to pop a cap in someone's ass or something.

hymen spaz

I'm in - with my slightly missspelt tag

Game Tag:

bigshabb ranks

note to self - don't set up xbox live while drunk!

Games:

table tennis
Perfect dark
Dead Or Alive 4

terminallyrelaxed

Well I've played most of the maps from GR:AW Chapter 2, I think they're pretty good. Haven't tried the new game types yet though.

A tip I picked up that appears to work, is to avoid the server dropping you at the launch of a game (seems to happen a bit more often with the new stuff) is to mute your mike when the game is launching and don't turn it on again until it starts. I don't know that its foolproof but I didn't get dropped  when I tried it.

I'm going on now for a bit.

Little Tommy Titter

Gamer Tag :

steeephen

I am shit at the following games :

Burnout Revenge
Table Tennis
Football Manager 2006
MotoGP '06
Fight Night Round 3

http://gamercard.xbox.com/steeephen.card

VegaLA

Anyone up for some GRAW ?

Huzzie

Thanks InfinateFury for the link to this thread (and many, many apologies if it was actually not IF who gave me this link).

Huzzie

Call of Duty
Ghost Recon
Oblivion (although I am 98% sure that there is no kind of multi player for that, it is here just in case there is a patch or something in the future).

Duckula

Gamertag: JohnSkelton

Games:

Halo 2
PD: Zero
Project Gotham 3
Street Fighter 2: Hyper Fighting
Kameo
Table Tennis

Timmay

I'm back!

Games:

PGR3
Saints Row

Unfortunately my faithful old gamertag had expired, and I couldn't be bothered to call them up to reactivate it. I did try sexy16f, but it wouldn't let me - something about unsuitable language.

I look forward to making you all eat my dust. Again.

RHX

Apparently I can't edit my post, so:

Gamertag: RHX

Games:

Saint's Row
Halo 2
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

Ron Seal

Gamertag: GarryPDavies

Games:

Perfect Dark Zero

PGR3

Kameo

Battlefield 2

G.R.A.W.

Saints Row

No editing posts after an hour, so apologies for unnecessary bumping.

hoverdonkey

Quote from: "Timmay"I'm back!

Oh so that's who UnderPerform is. Then I shall accept the friend request

Timmay

It's a shit name, but when I couldn't retrieve my original and I was faced with a screen waiting for me to type something, before I could get on and play, I typed the first thing that came to me.

Fortunately though, you can change your gamertag! For 800 credits mind. Expect a change soon boys...

VegaLA

Anyone up fopr some GRAW this coming Sat ?

terminallyrelaxed

No but I might give Saints Row live a whirl...

Timmay

InfiniteFury

Likely as not I'm going to be at home ill again tomorrow so I can offer people the choice of the following if you're at home:

Table Tennis
PGR3
Ghost Recon 2
Perfect Dark
NFS: Most Wanted
Tiger Woods 2007
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Call of Duty 3
Chromehounds
Fight Night: Round 3
Burnout Revenge
Test Drive Unlimited
Prey

Any takers for a Wednesday sesh?

Huzzie

I'll be up for a COD3 on thurs IF, if you are about.

Bah! How do you get a pic of your gamertag up here? It tells me this http://live.xbox.com/member/Huzzie is the link.

nixon

Quote from: "Huzzie"I'll be up for a COD3 on thurs IF, if you are about.

Bah! How do you get a pic of your gamertag up here? It tells me this http://live.xbox.com/member/Huzzie is the link.

http://www.mygamercard.net/

RHX

New GamerTag:

LanceSteakhouse

My old one no longer works

Games:

WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2007
Gears Of War (well, Friday)
Halo 2
Street Fighter 2
Lumines

If you want to play, let me know, I've got a 48 hour trial needs using (I'll get a full Live account when I have money)

nixon

Halo 2

Perfect Dark Zero

Burnout Revenge

Gears Of  War (well, Friday)

Uno

----------------------------------

I've been playing Burnout Revenge loads over the past week, I forgot how good it is!

I play Uno a lot too.

And today I dusted off Halo 2, and thoroughly enjoyed that as well.  Can't believe it's 2 years old now!

terminallyrelaxed

Thought I'd update my tag:

Gears of War
G.R.A.W.
Saint's Row