Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:01:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Xbox 360 Live

Started by terminallyrelaxed, March 17, 2006, 02:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lardboy

As we can't edit the old posts, here's my updated list

Call Of Duty 3
Gears Of War
Pro Evo 6
PGR3
Saints Row
Table Tennis

Plus Uno, Lumines, SFII, Doom, Texas Hold 'Em on arcade.  Oh, and Halo 2, which I only finished on 1P last month, despite owning the damn game for over 2 years.

RHX

Right, anyone fancy trying to get a big CaB game of Gears Of War going tonight? Any start time between 8-10pm?

terminallyrelaxed

Sounds like a plan, I'm in.

Huzzie

I'm up for it, defo!

How many can play?

Does your character build himself up, or do you gain extra powers, weapons or maps by progressing through the campaign? Just wondering if I should get some missions done so I am not completely feeble and I am not missing out because I haven't yet got the map you are playing in.

RHX

Up to 8 people can play I think, and it doesn't depend on how far you are in campaign as far as I know, everyone is equal.

So that's 3 so far, any more?

EDIT: 4, if bill hicks wants to play when he finishes work

bill hicks

Definitely in...had a wander around Mansion on my own last night to see where the weapon spawns are, so far I'm liking the Tyro Station level most although if the team doesn't work together you have no chance as the other side can get round the back of you.

I finish at 9.30 tonight and will hop on then.

You can set private slots in games when you create a match I believe.

P.S I don't have a headset.

terminallyrelaxed

Every now and then my disc says it is unreadable, its done it a couple of times on boot, and it just did when I was playing online, so if I disappear suddenly thats why. It hasn't got a mark on it, but I'll probably take it back and exchange it for a new one on Tuesday when I'm off.

Ron Seal

Count me in, just had a quick bash now.  I'm rubbish, mind.

lardboy

Reporting for duty now.

RHX

Anyone wanting to join the game, contact one of these tags:

cassius76
lardboi
lancesteakhouse
huzzie

We've got a 7-man game going and need an extra player.

lardboy

That was ace.  Shame it finished abruptly, as it was really getting interesting in the 4v4 match.  Shame TR was MIA, as he was so up for it!

Same time again tomorrow?

nixon

Quote from: "lardboy"That was ace.  Shame it finished abruptly, as it was really getting interesting in the 4v4 match.  Shame TR was MIA, as he was so up for it!

Same time again tomorrow?

YUS, with my alter ego Cassius76!  Great Larf Tonight.  It went al weird after you lot left.... Insomuch as I got my arse handed to me on a plate!  :-)

lardboy

Quote from: "nixon"It went al weird after you lot left.... Insomuch as I got my arse handed to me on a plate!  :-)

Well, it's easy to shine amongst shit.  While we're definitely enthusiastic, we're perhaps a bit niave in the ol' tactics division.  I know I'm never going to be a pro gamer, so "It's just a bit of fun!" *Slaps thighs*

terminallyrelaxed

Sorry, watched Lord of The Rings and forgot all about it...

I finished it earier on and it is indeed all the awesme once you look back on it. Itching to play it through on hardcore and insane now...

bill hicks

Apologies brothers, I hope my large bullet magnet presence wasn't missed. Basically work went south, every Bond showing sold out, we employ idiots exclusively, my new promotion means the managers expect me to do shitloads of the extra work the new job entails before I start the new job with no training, and the Popper decided to back up and start spraying evil black smoke dangerously close to the smoke detectors (evacuating 2000 idiots who don't know what a Fire Exit is= no fun).

And Spurs drew with fucking Blackburn as well.

Not the day for me to interact with other humans while holding weapons (even virtual ones).

Huzzie

Are we having another go tonight then?

It seems that you can only have 6 players to a game, so if we get many up for it (unlikely, unfortunately) maybe we could consider COD3.

Anyone here play Tiger Woods 07 and might be up for a round at some future date?

Huzzie

terminallyrelaxed

Where are you reprobates then?

Well, I'm going to use the time to send some friend requests to you all....

edit: the ones I don't have I mean, otherwise its not surprising I can't see you...

nixon

Great games tonight guys!  It's a shame about my 360 buggering up!  Nice to hear all your dulcet tones.  Eventually I had respond to all the invites I kept getting sent from the dvd reviewer gang..   persisitent people.  I had a match with them then everyone went to bed. I was torn between 2 boards!  The humanity!

So apologies for vanishing , yet again, mid game.  I'll have to make a bloody timetable the way it's going!

either that..... or plan an all out cookd and bomd against dvd reviewer board WAR..

that'd be fun.

oh!  

QuoteEvery now and then my disc says it is unreadable, its done it a couple of times on boot, and it just did when I was playing online, so if I disappear suddenly thats why. It hasn't got a mark on it, but I'll probably take it back and exchange it for a new one on Tuesday when I'm off.

It's happening with mine too.  I don't think it's the discs.. :-(  I figured if it were scratched it wouldn't  play at all.  This is completlely random.

hymen spaz

Top game indeed - gonna be back on it tommorrow night about 9 if anyone fancies a game?

These games really are gonna be the end of my social life....  

not that i really had one in the first place though.

nixon

I'm sure I'll be around.  If I can find a slot to join! :-)

RHX

If there's gonna be people playing tonight I'll use another of my free trial codes. Will probably get a 3-month thing this weekend, never knew GoW would be so good on Live.

Captain Mildred

It really is - especially when there's a team of four communicating. Play a ranked game with strangers, mind, and be prepared for extreme nobbiness.

Huzzie

Don't forget RHX, I have a couple of 48hr trials you can have. Someone else mentioned having some spare last night too.

Captain Mildred

Huzzie, I owe you some molten leaden death.
And a chainsaw bayonet up ya jacksie.

terminallyrelaxed

I shall definitely get in on this tonight at some point...

Captain Mildred

Gamertag: Silken

Games:

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
Project Gotham Racing 3
Fight Night Round 3
Perfect Dark 0
Call Of Duty 2
Burnout Revenge
Table Tennis
FIFA 07
Call Of Duty 3
Smackdown vs Raw
Gears Of War

http://gamercard.xbox.com/silken.card

lardboy

Quote from: "Huzzie"Don't forget RHX, I have a couple of 48hr trials you can have. Someone else mentioned having some spare last night too.

I've got spare codes as well.  PM me for 'em.

I threw a sickie today and planned to spend the day playing, but I just went back to bed until 4, so my plans for becoming 500p@l33t have bitten the dust.  I'll be on again tonight, and as shit as I was before.  Mind you, I might have a troll around a few maps now, so that I get to know the layout a bit better.

matt

I'm up for a bit of this tonight.

Gamertag is SHATNERSBASS00N, how do I go about getting involved? I'm pretty new to all this live malarky

Oh yeah, other games I suck at:

Table Tennis
Pro Evo 6
Project Gotham
Halo 2

hymen spaz

Right.

My chainsaw is getting juiced up.

Anyone want to get bummed?