Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:24:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The 'Have Your Say' Summary Project

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, March 17, 2006, 04:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jemble Fred

In a lot of these cases, the chosen quotes seem to say more about the personal politics of the Verbwhore quoting them than the generally dur-brained original opinion-makers.

Some of the points quoted here have been reasonable enough, even if they are pointless.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

To be fair to what people have quoted- most of them have been obviously dumb and wilfully short-sighted. Some people have posted particularly obnoxious posts which they disagree with politically but i don't see that as much of an issue to be honest. After all, we didn't let John Gibson off the hook for that.

I just love stuff like this, proposing solutions to overcowding on trains:

Quotejust have longer trains?

Rob Roberts, United Kingdom

So simple, why hasn't anyone thought of that before....

Carlos Tevez

QuoteIn a lot of these cases, the chosen quotes seem to say more about the personal politics of the Verbwhore quoting them than the generally dur-brained original opinion-makers.

Some of the points quoted here have been reasonable enough, even if they are pointless.

Mr. Jemble, Wednesbury

Ridiculous!

Jemble Fred

Wow, is there really a place called Wednesbury? Sounds quaint to me, I'll have to look it up.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quotewhy do people insist on keeping back-packs on?? There's no need for it.
Thomas Brown, Vauxhall, London, United Kingdom

Especially when they turn round and whack you with it.

Simple solution. These things usually have a handle on top. Grab the handle from behind, pull sharply backwards, and watch them fall to the ground.

[tre-cool]

I enjoy the arguments that go on within messages. That guy may as well have just replied:

"Simple solution. Everybodys skull is weak at the temples. Push your arms forward and smash him in his temples with both your elbows. He'll be on the floor for the rest of the journey and your bag clattering annoyance will be solved."

Blumf

Quote from: "Jemble Fred"Wow, is there really a place called Wednesbury? Sounds quaint to me, I'll have to look it up.

Prepare to be bitterly disappointed.

"Knowing the BBC's [liberal|conservative] bias, I know the moderators won't dare publish my comments!"

...and so on.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteI think certain commuters should just understand that when a train is full, IT'S FULL!! I am sick of people squeezing on to one train, and making everyone elses journey seriously uncomfortable, when there is usually another in about 3 minutes.

Jenny W, London

Presumably she means the tube trains. Or she thinks there's a new train for every route in the country every 3 minutes.

Purple Tentacle

Every 3 minutes? Jenny W obviously doesn't work on the Hammersmith & City Line.

Or the District Line.

Or the Circle Line.

Or the Northern Line.

imitationleather

Also, the "waiting three minutes for the next Tube" routine simply doesn't work, because whenever I've done it I've found to my dismay that I'm just three minutes deeper into rush hour and so the next train is even more crowded than the last.

I swear one day having to travel through the city during rush hour is going to make me start pushing people onto the tracks. You've been warned, London!

John Self

QuoteWhy oh why oh why oh WHY must these we be mocked by online comedy communities? They come over here, steal our quotes- I bet most of them wouldn't know a hard day's idiocy if it bit them on the bum! Look, there's one now, reading me and sniggering, getting ready to copy and paste! And do those 'fat-cats' and 'hot-dogs' and so-called 'TJs' and 'Neils' do anything to halt this unacceptable rise of unacceptable unacceptability??? I THINK NOT.

It's just another form of racism...

More please, BBC!

Mary Hinge, Tuednesbury

QuoteI swear one day having to travel through the city during rush hour is going to make me start pushing people onto the tracks. You've been warned, London!

Mr. I. Leather, behind a red mist

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteHaving kids unless you are unemployed or low waged does not bring in extra income. Trust me i know.

Juliet Ware, Milton Keynes, United Kingdom

Heheh- when she puts it like that it's as if that was the motivation behind her having kids.

QuoteWhen is there going to be a tax break for the poor young single middle class people who manage to just get by?

Rozlyn Steel

Was she not actually conscious when she typed that out?

EDIT- The discussion about the budget turned so quickly to The World vs. 4x4 Owners you'd think they'd been going around raping and murdering people.

Mister Cairo

Quote from: "Jemble Fred"Jackie's not a Nazi. She's clearly just a prick.

I agree, I wasn't calling her a nazi, I just reckoned the "black uniforms slur meant the SS (?) uniform

Mister Cairo

Nice mix of shouty words, paranoia and "ooh political correctness" in this one

Quotewhy tax drivers of 4x4s? Listen carefully, green lobby: IT DOESN'T MATTER what we do. China is building ONE NEW MASSIVE COAL POWERED POWER STATION A WEEK FOR THE NEXT TWO YEARS. India will do the same. What we do MAKES NO DIFFERENCE. It pales into insignificance. Still, does it matter what I say, the BBC green mafia will censor my politically incorrect comments anyway.......

QuoteSomebody's got to find something positive to say about it, surely? Even if it's only "I cried till I larfed"...

Finally, a pedant:

QuoteActually, it's 600 million!

[jamesmax], Dirty Corner, United Kingdom

Not quite correct! It's actually 600 millions not 600 million.

Where spending increases were announced it was Billions not Billion and where government debt was mentioned it suddenly became (correctly) Billion and not Billions.

What hope when you have a chancellor that can't even cope with basic grammar?

chand

Quote from: "Shoulders?-Stomach!"Budget 2006 'Gems'
QuoteI prophesied a few days ago that Mr Brown would put beer up by "one pence".

Sure enough I have just heard him say he will "put beer up by a pence".

Still hasn't learned that 'penny' is singular and 'pence' is plural.

Still, he's only the Chancellor. Fourth year in a row he's put beer up by "one pence".

Alf Hartigan, Whitby, United Kingdom

Someone wrote to the Daily Mail's 'Straight To The Point' section yesterday with that exact complaint. Almost certainly the same guy, at least I hope so, or else we face the grim possibility that there's more than one person in Britain whose primary grievance with the government seems to be Gordon Brown's erroneous use of the word 'pence'. I like the idea of him sitting at home cursing at the screen every time Brown said 'one pence'. Actually I hope someone told Brown about the letter yesterday and as a result he did it on purpose just to piss off that one guy.

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Quote from: "cunt"
I listened to a bit of James Whale on TalkSport on Sunday. He is one angry man, and quite right too. This country has gone to the dogs since Blair came to number 10. At least with Thatcher there was some nationalist pride in the country. The police putting alleged race crimes above non-race crimes? I ask you.

butnut

Quote from: "john self"
QuoteWhy oh why oh why oh WHY must these we be mocked by online comedy communities? They come over here, steal our quotes- I bet most of them wouldn't know a hard day's idiocy if it bit them on the bum! Look, there's one now, reading me and sniggering, getting ready to copy and paste! And do those 'fat-cats' and 'hot-dogs' and so-called 'TJs' and 'Neils' do anything to halt this unacceptable rise of unacceptable unacceptability??? I THINK NOT.

It's just another form of racism...

More please, BBC!

Mary Hinge, Tuednesbury

Hahaha, excellent.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteThank God!!

Pauline, Preston Lancashire

Because God helped free Norman Kember, rather than kidnap and torture him for 4 months. God doesn't do bad, you see.

QuoteBrave special forces soldiers have risked life and limb to save these left-wing hand wringing liberals who have been warned countless times not to go to Iraq.

I am happy they are alive but also that no soldiers have suffered due to this groups selfish do-gooding ignorance.

The left have been from the start the main reason Iraqis have suffered under Saddam and they still wishing for the suffering of Iraqis by asking for the pull out of Allied forces.

Craig, Cambridge

What a monumental cunt.

Improving community spirit?

QuoteIf the Government want friendly decent communities they need to start by ensuring that our streets are not controlled by gangs of marauding yobs

Paul S, Essex

I imagine he lives in a rough area then. And of course everywhere in Britain is like that.

Circusfire

From  Iraq hostages freed: Your reaction

QuoteAdded: Thursday, 23 March, 2006, 10:58 GMT 10:58 UK

I would like to now what terry wait thinks. He was a good man who did good things like this.

Robin Evans, Leeds

Eh?

Catalogue Trousers

Oh come on, everyone knows that he and Big Dave went into Iraq, punched out Saddam, and then rescued all of the hostages. Terry's quite a guy!

zozman

QuoteNo troops on Iraq, no 'peacemakers' in Iraq. No peace-makers in Iraq, no hostages/kidnappings in Iraq. No hostages/kidnappings in Iraq, no moaning and fuss...and then maybe live happily ever after...

Daniel UK

Any idea what Daniel is on about?

Mister Cairo

QuoteI Prayed for his release, and Lo the Lord sent in the British Army! funny old world isnt it.
(Kember)

QuoteIm fed up with working all the time and being skint. im thinking of leaving work and having 6 kids cheers Gorden
(Budget 2006)

Anyone ever posted on the Have Your Say?

QuoteNOTE THE DEAFENING SILENCE FROM THE CONSERVATIVE PARTY.
(Budget 2006)

But not from you, it seems. What silence? They had a PPB, they had a chance to promote their agenda in the Commons.

Suttonpubcrawl

This was posted in response to the woman who got in trouble for putting on make-up while driving:
QuoteAt this rate, we'll soon be fined for talking to passengers, changing gear and using turn signals...
jd, Suffolk
Ah yes, because putting on make-up (involving taking both hands off the wheel) is just the same as talking to passengers. And it's really irresponsible to indicate and change gear while driving.

The Duck Man

Another forum I occasionally frequent had a competition where the members tried to get on Have Your Say as many times as possible. I think one eprson was on about 15 times in one week.

Um. That's it.

John Self

QuoteThough I am not a racist, I feel I must complain in the strongest possible terms about the inexorable infiltration of VolksWagens into this fair land. I mean, it's just not on, is it? DID WE LOSE THE WAR? No sir, we did NOT. And yet still they come over here and take credit for all the work that WE do. The way they steal our ideas and slogans INFURIATES me. And do the powers that be listen? THEY DO NOT. Every day for the last week or so, this bunch of thieving unwanted and unwashed illegal immigrants, these so-called 'VolksWagens' (or, to use their trendy young persons' text-message version of it, the 'VWs') have been plundering this site to copy and paste what WE, that's right, WE say. And why, I hear you ask? A GOOD QUESTION. Why, only the other day, I was drinking in a public house, a place where pretty much anyone might gather with friends or like-minded folk to discuss pretty much whatever they wish to, and while I was there, I overheard a gentleman uttering views that I didn't happen to agree with- and uttering them with a distinct lack of logic and articulation to boot. And did I immediately scamper off to internet-land to quote this chap's inane and unfortunate comments on my favourite forum? Sir, I am proud to report that yes, yes I bloody well did, as I, sir, am A PATRONISING SNEERY TWAT WITH FUCK-ALL BETTER TO DO.

Betty Swollocks, yesterdaysbury
QuoteI'm with Betty here- why oh why oh me oh MY can't they just leave us alone? Or failing that, at least give us the glory we DESERVE, and don't just shunt us, like a broken-down busload of below-par blacks, into the low-rent ghetto of the 'have your say summary project' thread. After all, surely they should  let at least SOME of us instead bask in the bright lights of the 'bleakest conversation' thread- after all, that's where all the TOP plebs and morons are exhibited, isn't it? Twice this week so far I've felt compelled to shout coarse and threatening racial abuse at my step-child in the street (who I'm actually extremely fond of), merely so that I might get a chance to star in that epic and much-coveted thread, but do I get a look-in? I SOMEHOW FAIL TO THINK SO. I somehow fail to think. So.

ps: salted crisps? In THIS weather?!?
pps: wot no Vymura? SHAME ON YOU

Kenrietta Hunt, peacefully in her sleep

Quotenah dont listen to them, dont know what their talking about.verbwhores best site on the net.fucking state of you two anyway.fuckiing lezzers probably, names like that.get off here you rugmunchers, this is MY forum now.i miss VWs.and that nelly, i fucking miss HIM more than me own mam, even though he could be a right nazi cunt sometimes;)

dot, last seen Cramlington, now missing (presumed fed)

woo, get me, satire before seven a.m., ha ha ha, oh dear

Mister Cairo

More Kember:

QuoteI would call Mr Kember arrogant, not naive. My husband is a climber and takes note of Foreign Office advice regarding foreign travel. Obviously this man thought he was above these considerations.

Unlikely an anti-war activist would trust the Foreign Office, isn't it? Given that it was involved in preparation for the war. And does the person who bashed this onto the website really think Kembewr didn't know Iraq was dangerous? After all, he had said that if captured he didn't want to be rescued! I'm firmly on Kember's side, I think the way he is being made to look like a cunt by Jackson is disgraceful.  The army were doing their job rescuing Kember. paramedics have to suffer lots of abuse while doing their job. Kember has come home from a horrendous ordeal and he gets abuse heaped at him.

QuoteYou do realize of course that if you rid the world of people who only want to do good, you'll be left with people who only want to do bad, don't you?

No, because people are never totally one or the other.

QuoteThis is another covert attempt to smuggle a bit more of the EU into this country. They have realised we will never pass the EU Constitution, so they are doing it bit by bit, on the quiet.

What is this they're talking about?  Why, it must be a "should we have 'double summertime'?" discussion!

QuoteI rember when charles and Di got married. I was living in Ashford Kent and we had a great big street party.
Ifs its not against 12 EU laws to have a street party and we did have a street party with out offending any one becaues im waving my Georges cross there a good chance i would go home and find my house robbed.

FFS, it's a "how can we revive the suburbs?" discussion.  Those crazy banana straighteners in Brussels, eh?

Charles Charlie Charles

ZORBATIZMATRON

Quote from: "Charles Charlie Charles"Moderators, move this to CC.

Who the hell do you think you are?