Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:57:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Phil Kay

Started by 12 years, 11 months old, March 21, 2006, 05:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I've just been reading about Phil Kay in Ben Thompson's Sunshine on Putty (yeah I know) - I'm sorry to say he's slipped under my radar completely before now, because he sounds excellent. Am I right in thinking this? What's the best thing he's done? Has any of his stuff seen commercial release or emerged elsewhere? Is he still any good and still touring? I'd really like to know.

Jemble Fred

He was good on QI very recently. I quite enjoyed his BBC2 show. One of those comics that, even if you find him annoying, you can't doubt his sincerity. He'll probably still be gigging when he's at death's door.

Harfyyn Teuport

He used to have a Channel 4 show, Phil Kay Feels, that was on around 9/10 on Fridays, i.e. prime comedy real estate around the time that the slot was in terminal flux, mid-nineties, I have some episodes on tape from the time and I cherished many of the gags for years. In hindsight, he's a lot more enthusiastic than he is a comic genius but he is a genuinely likeable stage presence and has some very funny stuff amid the frantic movement.

He's also a very, very nice man apparently.

Morrisfan82

I was thinking about Phil Kay Feels... today, by crazy coincidence. The bit where he says he keeps having dreams about shagging Mr. Magoo.

I enjoyed PKF at the time, but, like 'Is It Bill Bailey?', I cannae remember next to sod about it. Oh, if only there were some sort of... extra TV channels, that could... 'repeat' them in some way... oh.