Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:50:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Big Brother 7

Started by Artemis, March 23, 2006, 12:20:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artemis

The auditions have been done, and the first reports of what the house might be like are starting to leak through. I for one am looking forward to it - I'm sure I'll be watching each night as usual. Starts on May 16th I believe (though I could be wrong) and lasts a collosal 92 days, ending in mid August.

I'm most interested in the twists they'll plan before it even begins. Who knows of any rumours or inside info? I've heard of the following...

* In Australia a few years back, the first person into the house went into a seperate area where they stayed, in complete solitude, for at least 24 hours, wandering where everyone else was. Everyone else went into the house proper, and had a great time. It worked well.

* Foreign BB contestants making guest appearences in the way some UK BB people have gone elsewhere.

* A rumour that identical twins will be appearing and playing "hilarious tricks" on the other housemates is doing the rounds.

* Chantelle and Preston making a guest cameo

* So is the old tourettes syndrome person chestnut, which I can't see happening due to watershed issues

Surely they'll want to avoid any perception that they're dealing with disablities as a 'novelty factor'. That said, sticking a chair person in there might be interesting. How would they wheel themselves up the stairs, though? There'd have to ba a Stannah Stair Lift or something.

Anyway - what do you know, and how much of you life will you waste with this dreadful, addictive rubbish?

Cack Hen

Urgh. I still enjoy Celebrity BB but I just want this to end now. Most years I'll tell myself that I'm not bothered but end up getting sucked in but last year and the year before I was bored with it and it's not even like you can just not watch it, it's everywhere.

They should stop trying to be so outragous and ridiculous with the people they put in as well, just pick interesting, rational people and I'm sure it'll be better than watching a lesbian stab a jew in the face with a fork.

I'd also watch it if they managed to get everyone from BB1 to come back and do it again.

Artemis

That's just it, isn't it. You know it's going to be apalling, manipulated footage that's been edited away from anything remotely resembling what actually happened, but you'll watch, cringe, and cry yourself to sleep.

Davina, Dermot and Russell are all back, apparently. It'll make a nice change for her to be on a succesful show, eh.

weirdbeard

I do like Big Brother, but I could really live without all the pre-series hype, which is normally wrong anyway.  All I'd like to know is what the house looks like, and what time the programmes will be on TV.  The rest can all be left until the launch programmes.  It does seem to be rapidly approaching this year, although that's probably because this was the first year I watched the Celebrity version, which plugs the gap a bit.  And 92 days, eh?  They should round it up to a nice cool 100 really.

Hmm, just looking at this, it looks as though the scheduling could be a nightmare this year.   The World Cup happening in June won't help it either.   And I really hope they move BBLB back to prime-time, that breakfast slot it had during CBB was ridiculous, it didn't even get a repeat slot.

weirdbeard

Quote from: "Cack Hen"They should stop trying to be so outragous and ridiculous with the people they put in as well, just pick interesting, rational people and I'm sure it'll be better than watching a lesbian stab a jew in the face with a fork.

They tried that with BB4, which was a total disaster.  And according to the reports of the auditions (BB staff actively encouraging "I'm mad me" behaviour, according to BB Aled from the Chris Moyles show, who went to an audition), there's no sign of a more sedate BB this year.

Shaun

Quote from: "Artemis"* So is the old tourettes syndrome person chestnut, which I can't see happening due to watershed issues

Well that wouldn't necessarily be a problem (if you are assuming someone with tourette's would have outbursts of profanity) since less than 15% of people with tourette's have coprolalia. People just think that's very common since it's funny to have characters with tourette's shout swearwords involuntarily in TV programmes, so almost all characters (with tourette's) on TV exhibit that symptom.

Quote from: "Cack Hen"Urgh. I still enjoy Celebrity BB but I just want this to end now. Most years I'll tell myself that I'm not bothered but end up getting sucked in but last year and the year before I was bored with it and it's not even like you can just not watch it, it's everywhere.

It's easy to not watch it. I haven't seen any of the Big Brother series since BB3, except one time when I walked into a room where someone was watching it, and that was only for about 30 seconds.

Oscar

Does anyone know if there's going to be a "hur hur look at the gimp" show with clips from the auditions? Did that happen last year?

QuoteThat's just it, isn't it. You know it's going to be apalling, manipulated footage that's been edited away from anything remotely resembling what actually happened, but you'll watch, cringe, and cry yourself to sleep.

What are you doing to yourself? Are you an innocent brain trapped in the body of an evil fiend? If you don't want to watch, if will make you cry, don't watch!

Catalogue Trousers

Artemis wrote:

Quotebut you'll watch, cringe, and cry yourself to sleep.

No I won't. I'll just do my best to ignore the rancid mess in the press and keep the old gogglebox firmly on another channel - or else catch up with my backlog of videos and DVDs.

That's the great thing about reality television, it doesn't suck you in.

Almost Yearly

Surely I can come up with something to stop me watching this shit again.

jutl

Quote from: "Almost Yearly"Surely I can come up with something to stop me watching this shit again.

Go on retreat. It's the 'being a lazy cunt' you get to feel morally superior about.

*Smirks*.

Surely the aforementioned World Cup will provide sufficient detachment, or just Roscoe's second sentient summer on the beach should keep you away from the telly?

Mr. Analytical

He'll doubtless be too busy chasing them Duke boys to keep anyone amused.

Morrisfan82

<freeze frame>

<drawl> "The folks of Hazzard county han't seen a cheap-ass soul-destroyin' reality TV show in a lonnnng while..."

Almost Yearly

Shame the World Cup's not in a time zone which makes all the kickoffs 21:00.

mothman

Perhaps they can bring back Ginger Tim for another hilarious half-assed attempt at trying to tell them the progress of the World Cup in code. . .

danielreal2k

Quote from: "Artemis"
* So is the old tourettes syndrome person chestnut, which I can't see happening due to watershed issues

The sound dips would be thick and  fast.   Could it be John, from John's not mad?  Thanks Da Davina C**T i will enjoy it B*STARD

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "gnatt"Does anyone know if there's going to be a "hur hur look at the gimp" show with clips from the auditions? Did that happen last year?
Yes it did.  Always worth a watch, that bit... ;-)

Shoulders?-Stomach!

92 days is too long. Even the staff will have forgotten about the housemates by then. They'll just starve.

mothman

My dream scenario: they're gassed/drugged one night and transported to a duplicate BB House built in a remote location - on a small Scottish island, something like that. They wake up to find the cameras don't follow them around, the door to the Diary Room is standing open and Big Brother doesn't respond to queries. . . Then they find the door to the outside is open too. . . You could have lots of fun with this kind of 28 Days Later theme. . .

Ambient Sheep

Now that's a nice idea.  Especially if they were then to stumble across Drummond and Cauty burning a million quid on a beach.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Wasn't that 'Castaway'?

mothman

Or the Statue of Liberty half-buried in the sand. . .

Ambient Sheep

No, not really.  I don't remember that having a duplicate BB house and starting off in Elstree.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

EDIT- Obviously I didn't 'get it'....

Ambient Sheep

* bangs head on desk *

Timmay

Four Eyes

That seems a bit harsh.

Timmay

VegaLA

28 days later ? I was thinking more along the lines of 'Cube'.