Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:52:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Awfully Big Cricket Thread

Started by butnut, March 10, 2004, 02:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

butnut

HARMISON'S JUST GOT 3 WICKETS IN 2 OVERS. I THINK THAT SESSION WAS ENGLANDS!

Bilko

TYPING IN CAPITALS DOES CONVEY A FEELING OF EUPHORIA

Harmison's turning into a world beater, for the first time in his career he's bowling on the wickets he really likes. He could end up becoming a Jon Snow type bowler taking far more wickets overseas than he took in England.

I've not been able to watch any of it (fucking Sky), but has he learned to pitch it up a bit?  Or is he getting wickets because the dry wickets have more pace and bounce.  Fraser got loads of wickets in the WIndies by cramping 'em up on a pacey wicket, I can't imagine Harmison is doing that.

'S good this.  Bollocks to spin bowling, it bores the cunt off me.

butnut

Quote from: "Partridge's Love Child"'S good this.  Bollocks to spin bowling, it bores the cunt off me.

Hey - I'm having none of that. Isn't cricket so much better now that there's some world class spinners around? - rather than just 4 or 5 pacemen in each team. I'd much rather watch Warne than any medium or medium fast bowler.

butnut

Isn't it a strange feeling, having a bowler who seems to be able to take wickets all the time? Over the last few days, I've had an slight glimpse of what it must be like to be an Australian.

It's been a pretty disturbing time. No doubt there'll be a record 9th and 10th wicket stand, and I can happily go back to being used to an England supporter.

My brother gets back from his holiday tomorrow - he's going to get the shock of his life when he reads the paper. In the week he was on holiday, Harmison became a world-class bowler. I was trying to see if there were any audio clips of these great days, on the internet for him, but TalkSport don't have anything on their website, but you can write to them, and pay for clips. Fuck that - I want the beeb back.

weirdbeard

Quote from: "butnut"I was trying to see if there were any audio clips of these great days, on the internet for him, but TalkSport don't have anything on their website, but you can write to them, and pay for clips. Fuck that - I want the beeb back.

*ahem*

http://tinyurl.com/2bkkp

right click and save target as, i tried to put in the full url but somethings playing up somewhere, but this works.

I recorded this off talkSPORT the other day.  I missed the first bit of the first wicket but the rest is there.

butnut

Quote from: "weirdbeard"
Quote from: "butnut"I was trying to see if there were any audio clips of these great days, on the internet for him, but TalkSport don't have anything on their website, but you can write to them, and pay for clips. Fuck that - I want the beeb back.

*ahem*

http://tinyurl.com/2bkkp

right click and save target as, i tried to put in the full url but somethings playing up somewhere, but this works.

I recorded this off talkSPORT the other day.  I missed the first bit of the first wicket but the rest is there.

Oh Wow! You're my hero. Thanks a lot. If I can repay you one day, I will.

butnut

Quote from: "Doctor Stamen"This is good, innit.

Yes - only 28 to win tomorrow. And England smashing the ball everywhere. Shame about those Umpires: offering the light to the fielders - first time I've ever heard of that. I suppose it gives me a reason to get up tomorrow though - to see England win!

Bilko

Hehehehehe great to see us giving to the Windies after all those years of getting slaughtered by them. We lost 14 tests out of 15 against them in the 80's. Hope we really go for them in the next two tests and go for a 4-0 whitewash.

butnut

Well, it's been quite a week in the wonderful world of cricket.

England are 2-0 with 2 to play in the Windies, and have the chance to become the first team EVER to win a whitewash there. Who'd 'ave though it?

The Auzzies win 3-0 in Sri Lanka - a 100% start for Ponting as captain. Warne finishes just 2 behind Walsh's all time record - and Murali gets called for throwing again, but he'll break the record first, providing he's fit and legally allowed to bowl, and the Lankas tour Zimbabwe before the Aussies.

India win the one-dayers in Pakistan, and are off to a sensational start in the Tests. Sehwag's 228 not out after the first day - I wonder if he'll get anywhere near Hayden's record score?

And that concludes this evening's sports round-up. Next on BBC, Chris Morris vs. Dom Joy in Celebrity Boxing.

butnut

I'm sorry - but this photo just about sums it up. Murali is clearly a great and unique bowler, but if that isn't throwing, I don't know what is.

He's definitely a chucker, though not as bad as a dithering beardy fellow I saw in the nets at Lords yesterday.  I could've watched his action all day it was that funny.  I didn't, instead I attempted to recapture former bowling glories achieved half a decade ago, and only succeeded in feeling old and managing to continually bollocks up the release of the ball and seeing it fly above the batsman's head.  Ho hum.

butnut

Quote from: "Partridge's Love Child"He's definitely a chucker, though not as bad as a dithering beardy fellow I saw in the nets at Lords yesterday.  I could've watched his action all day it was that funny.  I didn't, instead I attempted to recapture former bowling glories achieved half a decade ago, and only succeeded in feeling old and managing to continually bollocks up the release of the ball and seeing it fly above the batsman's head.  Ho hum.

Ooh, how exciting, another player! Do you play for a team or anything? I play for a friendly team here in SW London. Our standard is 'poor' - and many of the players in the side are well over 40. At 25, I'm basically the infant of the team.

Bilko

3rd Test England v West Indies

Hehehehehehe England are off already, West Indies 12-1

butnut

20-2 now. Lara's in though. Let's get him next.

zozman

Has play stopped or something?  My trusty BBC score-box has ground to a halt........

butnut

Quote from: "zozman"Has play stopped or something?  My trusty BBC score-box has ground to a halt........

No, they're just scoring very slowly. 34-2 now.

Is it true that TMS isn't covering the WIndies tests?  That would explain why I can't seem to find it every time I tune into Radio 4 long wave.

butnut

Quote from: "Partridge's Love Child"Is it true that TMS isn't covering the WIndies tests?  That would explain why I can't seem to find it every time I tune into Radio 4 long wave.

Yeah - it's talkshit doing it. See the first page of this thread for our opinions. Ah, Harmison's back on.

butnut

Well done fat Freddy.  Caught by Butcher at gully.  Need to get a few more wickets today to make the Windies sweat a bit.

butnut

Windies all out 224. Great fightback by England. 5-for for Flintoff and Harmison got 3 valuable wickets. They were 167-3, so another big collapse.

Doctor Stamen

Great stuff.  I can smell a whitewash coming on.

Bilko

Losing Trescothick (he's having a shocking tour, and it's been a while since he looked anything like a Test Match batsman) was a blow. Guess we're gonna have to relay on Hussain, Butcher and Thorpe again.

Bilko

Bollocks England 33-2. Butcher's out

butnut

And so's Vaughan.

Time for quickfire Freddie hundred, after a long dogged stand between Hussain and Thorpe.

zozman

Now Hussain.  Whitewash my arse.

No really, cover my arse in whitewash.

hoverdonkey

So long as we get somewhere near their total it'll be a really good end to the match. Could do with a 50 from Freddie to up that run rate before we're all out.