Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:43:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Your Worst Day Ever

Started by Artemis, April 01, 2006, 12:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mook

Quote from: "Cack Hen"The day I found, or rather, was accidentally exposed to, a photograph of my father in a homosexual act, quite a hardcore one at that.

And no, I'm not joking.

Haha, oh you poor bastard. You can't leave it like that though, I need more details. Actually thinking about it, perhaps I don't really.

Cack Hen

I won't detail you too graphically but when he realised it was in a place where I could have easily seen it, he tried finding out if I saw anything  by asking unsubtle questions. Well, they might have been subtle but because I did see something, it was very awkward when pretending I didn't.

Circusfire

I was working for a medical research company and this inconsiderate fucker turned up dead late as they were too dumb to check the TFL website before they left whatever backwater hicktown they were from.

Then they ran out of the hospital, totally ruining my day!

Tears and stuff.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Circusfire"I was working for a medical research company and this inconsiderate fucker turned up dead late as they were too dumb to check the TFL website before they left whatever backwater hicktown they were from.

Then then ran out of the hospital, totally ruining my day!
No doubt you were one of those "physicians and consultants...running around with worried looks on their faces", because half of your human guinea-pigs had done the same that day.

ffogems

Rubbish day today.

One of my cats, Dylan, was involved in a car accident, and had to be confined to a cage. He is occasionally let out to stretch his legs, but now, as he is becoming stronger and impatient, he will do anything to be let out.
This morning he excreted in the litter tray (in his cage) and then did a jig in it, sending fragments of it everywhere. So I had to let him out to clean.
Sensing my vexation, he hid under the sofa while I cleaned, and then wouldn't come back out.
Now, the door to the living room is closed when he is let out so that he can't leave the house. I knew he can barely hobble, so I opened the door and sat on the sofa, waiting to grab him as he attempted to make his inevitable escape. He did attempt, but instead of hobbling, he sprinted.
He made it out of the cat flap and into the garden. I ran outside but got there to see him climbing up the fence, jumping down it and running over the hilly/greenery area next to my house.
Because his back legs are still not fully articulate, he sort of skimmed across the ground. (imagine the front of a car and the back of a hovercraft welded together - tha's what it resembled)
I found him under a bush, hissing wildly.
I picked him up and carried him home. He scratched me a lot and it hurt.
And I was in my pyjamas and I was bare foot.
Course, now he may have damaged himself internally by jumping when he wasn't supposed to.

Xerxes & Friends

Quote from: "Artemis"
I have a good friend in London ... she is so lovely ...

YOU LOVE HER.

Deadman97

Quote from: "Cack Hen"a photograph of my father in a homosexual act, quite a hardcore one at that
Lemonparty's identity revealed!

NSFW

Mr. Analytical

hehehe Oh yes you looooooove her... you want to kiiiiiiiiiiss her...

Artemis

I just clicked on that Lemonparty link.

Today is worse then yesterday.

Deadman97

ffogems

Quote from: "Deadman97"
Quote from: "Cack Hen"a photograph of my father in a homosexual act, quite a hardcore one at that
Lemonparty's identity revealed!

NSFW

Please remove that from my head. Please.

Cack Hen

Hoogstraten'sSmilingUlcer

This isn't really one bad day, but it's a contender for my worst week ever. This happened two weeks ago. Firstly, I start the week by beginning by essay which is due in on Friday. I stay up late on Tuesday to write a large portion of it because I want to go out on Wednesday night. However, I end up working until 4am, and decide to crash (in clothes) for a few hours, setting my alarm for my 11 o'clock seminar. However, my alarm doesn't go off and my sleep-deprived brain doesn't wake up. Until ten past eleven, by which time it's too late to run the two hills leading up to my department. Any other day and this would be fine,  but for two reasons: first, I had to hand in my presentation that day; and secondly, this is the week after my tutor bollockated me for missing one of his lectures, and he's now swearing that if I miss one more lecture of seminar they'll be Hell to pay. So far, so Year Ten. But this is basically the one thing I was praying wouldn't happen, and it has happened. My tutor's so-called 'last chance' vanishes in a puff of my imbelicity. There's no more excuses I can make, and though I haven't missed many lectures (except a few at the start of term due to a bloody cold, for which I received the blame), my tutor's still being a prick. He's demanding to see a doctor's note for my cold or he says he can't me. Fair enough, people could exploit the system without doctor's notes. But I never go to the doctor for a cold - a sort throat, blocked nose, hacking cough and a general shitty feeling might be a reason to miss a lecture, but not to go and see the doctor. Not when I have Lemsip. I rush off an email to the seminar's teacher, who's actually quite nice, and send the presentation as an attachment. I daren't read my uni email because I know my tutor would have sent a vein-poppingly angry missive about this. Anyway, I decide that going out would be stupid, so I finish my essay instead and hand it in on Friday,  carefully avoiding my tutor's room. I'm a coward when it comes to seeing my tutor. Same at school, when I know I'll bollocked, I do just about anything to avoid it. After going out on Friday and coming home knackered at 3am, I start watching TV with my flatmate. I feel a twinge in my chest. It gets tighter. A tightness spreads across my shoulder and down my left arm to my elbow. I can feel the muscles tense and I can't take a deep breath. This has happened occasionally before, but it always went away after a few minutes of breathing. But this time, it doesn't. It hurts even more. I feel sick. Guesstimating that my arteries might be succombing to Marlboro's Divine Justice, my friend calls an ambulance. When they finally get here, and I'm panicking like fuck because I'm sure I'm having a heart attack, they buzz up on the intercom. My mate presses the button for the gate, but it won't open. So he runs down, through the rain and opens the gate manually for the paramedics. Sometime later I'm in the ambulance, then a trolley bed in the A&E ward having a vent-flow connected and being suckered up to an ECG. Luckily, it wasn't a heart attack or even a mild tremor. It was spasms of the heart, not particularly serious in an eighteen year old, and my smoking and lack of exercise is obviously accountable. I spend the night, have another few ECGs, blood tests, see a couple of obscenely young doctors and am finally wheeled into the Obs Unit. It's nice to know I'm to going to die immediately, but I'm still scared to fuck. By four the next day, the blood tests are cleared and I'm free to go with strict orders about cutting down my tobacco consumption. I come home, with nothing but a slightly sore arm from the vent-flow hole and missing a few chest hairs.

So, it's not that terrible, but still on the wrong side of exciting.

hulahoops

Quote from: "Hoogstraten'sSmilingUlcer"It's nice to know I'm to going to die immediately.

I think you forgot a word there.  That would have made the week much worse.

Hoogstraten'sSmilingUlcer

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Lemonparty is pretty tame compared to biggernigger .com. I'm not going to hyperlink to that.

Cerys

I was feeling sick enough when I started reading this page.

You bastard.

I hope this restores your faith in the world a bit.  It's an anti-goatse page

http://www.oralse.cx/

Mister Cairo

Worst day: Accidently snorting popper liquid while on holiday with an idiot in a Paris youth hostel with the whole room laughing at me, after my friend convinced me to use a straw while I was drunk. Nearly getting mugged while trying to enter the hospital. Sitting in a shitty hospital waiting to be seen, finally seen by a doctor trying not to laugh (My ex friend had told me if you drank poppers you died so I was very worried). Having to go out with random people while my friend acted like a twat towards them and put me down time after time.

This friend had also caused me to lose £200 and ensured that for the last three days my nose resembled a tap. Then he moaned at me every time I sniffed. I dumped him as soon as I got back home.

Oscar

Like someone wisely pointed out, real worst days are too depressing, so here is just a bad day.

I'd been made homeless unexpectedly and was staying with a friend. It was Saturday night and although I was due to work the next day, Sundays in my shop were easy - no manager, not many customers - so I decided to get extremely drunk with my friend.

We spent the night drinking Absinthe and snorting speed and Sunday morning I staggered into work late, stinking and dopey, but elated after such a good evening. i opened up the shop and trundled downstairs to discover the safe was hanging wide open and all the money was gone, it took me a good five minutes of staring to understand that we'd been robbed.

I finally called my boss and the police who both showed up looking clean and alert, instantly emphasising what a bedraggled mess I was.
Unfortunately only myself and my manager were supposed to have keys to the safe, and my manager was in Spain, so I spent the next few hours being shouted at, interrogated and stared at suspiciously.

We never found out who did it, one of us supposedly. The boss apparently asked the police to use "illegal means" to get the information out of us, but fortunately he refused.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "gnatt"I finally called my boss and the police who both showed up looking clean and alert, instantly emphasising what a bedraggled mess I was.
Unfortunately only myself and my manager were supposed to have keys to the safe, and my manager was in Spain, so I spent the next few hours being shouted at, interrogated and stared at suspiciously.
Sounds to me as if your manager went off to Spain, leaving the keys with a naughty friend of his who'd share the dosh 50/50 afterwards, whilst giving himself a perfect alibi...

Oscar

Quote from: "Ambient Sheep"Sounds to me as if your manager went off to Spain, leaving the keys with a naughty friend of his who'd share the dosh 50/50 afterwards, whilst giving himself a perfect alibi...

Yeh, probably, the fucker, bumbling around with his "Oh I'm just an innocent English gent, I'd never do anything wrong, just look at the patches on my tweed coat" air.
And as he walked away from the shop, he straightened his back, took off his spectacles and his limp became a purposeful stride...

The problem with real life is that I never get to see the twist.