Author Topic: Cook's Tour  (Read 4457 times)

Cook's Tour
« on: February 03, 2004, 07:32:52 PM »
Does anyone here know of the radio program Cook's Tour?
It is quite an interesting and lengthy montage of clips, interviews and commetry, covering 3 episodes.

I downloaded them from a Cook site (Sorry, can't recall the name) but there was very little info on what they were.

To get to my point - the first episode includes Chris Morris taking about him (this is the same interview as on the rarities page). So is this the source of the interview? I always wondered where that clip had come from.

Cook's Tour
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2004, 07:35:06 PM »
http://www.petercook.net

Unfortunately, its stupid Flash interface makes it impossible to 'Save Target As' on the bastards.

Cook's Tour
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2004, 07:38:05 PM »
Don't seem to have a problem when I try it.
Are you saving from the list at the bottom of the comedy page?

Cook's Tour
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2004, 07:39:29 PM »
Quote from: "Bobby Onion"
Are you saving from the list at the bottom of the comedy page?

Ah, never noticed those.

The Plaque Goblin

• INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR MEANINGFUL ANSWER.
Cook's Tour
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2004, 11:12:37 PM »
When I double clicked on them to download them permanent copies ended up in the 'My Music' folder (the one with the the musical note on) in the My Documents folder.

EDIT: Oh, I never noticed to other links at the bottom of the page.

Cook's Tour
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2004, 01:32:43 PM »
So I take it no one is familiar with this series.
Not even sure that is it's real name to be honest as it doesn't come up in any searches.
Oh well...

Jemble Fred

• ... And I ain't ashamed.
    • 100% BALLS
Cook's Tour
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2004, 02:20:05 PM »
Quote from: "Bobby Onion"
So I take it no one is familiar with this series.
Not even sure that is it's real name to be honest as it doesn't come up in any searches.
Oh well...

Read the above posts.

benthalo

• this is telly, isn't it?
Cook's Tour
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2004, 02:34:26 PM »
Cook's Tour aired as 3 x 30min specials around Christmas 1995, with the final part effectively marking the first anniversary of Cook's death.

Yes, the Morris interview does originate from this programme. I've even got the edition of Newsnight which he attacked!

I think the more recent Not Only Peter Cook, But Also Dudley Moore documentaries were far better.

Cook's Tour
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2004, 05:12:58 PM »
It's worth noting that there's going to be a four-part show on Radio 4 to mark the tenth anniversary of Cooks death.  (Which isn't until next year, but there you go.  I think it was phillipa_maul who found this out originally.)  

I didn't mind Cook's Tour, as far as I recall they had a good mix of old material in there.  Time for another listen.

Tags: