Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:52:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cook's Tour

Started by Bobby Onion, February 03, 2004, 07:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby Onion

Does anyone here know of the radio program Cook's Tour?
It is quite an interesting and lengthy montage of clips, interviews and commetry, covering 3 episodes.

I downloaded them from a Cook site (Sorry, can't recall the name) but there was very little info on what they were.

To get to my point - the first episode includes Chris Morris taking about him (this is the same interview as on the rarities page). So is this the source of the interview? I always wondered where that clip had come from.

Darrell

http://www.petercook.net

Unfortunately, its stupid Flash interface makes it impossible to 'Save Target As' on the bastards.

Bobby Onion

Don't seem to have a problem when I try it.
Are you saving from the list at the bottom of the comedy page?

Darrell

Quote from: "Bobby Onion"Are you saving from the list at the bottom of the comedy page?

Ah, never noticed those.

The Plaque Goblin

When I double clicked on them to download them permanent copies ended up in the 'My Music' folder (the one with the the musical note on) in the My Documents folder.

EDIT: Oh, I never noticed to other links at the bottom of the page.

Bobby Onion

So I take it no one is familiar with this series.
Not even sure that is it's real name to be honest as it doesn't come up in any searches.
Oh well...

Jemble Fred

Quote from: "Bobby Onion"So I take it no one is familiar with this series.
Not even sure that is it's real name to be honest as it doesn't come up in any searches.
Oh well...

Read the above posts.

benthalo

Cook's Tour aired as 3 x 30min specials around Christmas 1995, with the final part effectively marking the first anniversary of Cook's death.

Yes, the Morris interview does originate from this programme. I've even got the edition of Newsnight which he attacked!

I think the more recent Not Only Peter Cook, But Also Dudley Moore documentaries were far better.

Neil

It's worth noting that there's going to be a four-part show on Radio 4 to mark the tenth anniversary of Cooks death.  (Which isn't until next year, but there you go.  I think it was phillipa_maul who found this out originally.)  

I didn't mind Cook's Tour, as far as I recall they had a good mix of old material in there.  Time for another listen.