Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:06:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Big companies hate you and think that you are stupid.

Started by Al Tha Funkee Homosapien, April 11, 2006, 03:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

How would you know it was the right black polo? They all look the same.

I'm so very very sorry.

Vincent Drug

My Dad telephoned the radio show that  Courtney Pine presents, to complain about Courtneys' frequent mispronunciation of band and band members' names.... He wasted sixteen minutes.

Sherringford Hovis

Quote from: "Bogey"Is it Tesco that has sections labelled "Italian Meal Solutions" ; "Indian Meal Solutions"?

They may do, but as a hand-wringing enviro-wanker, I haven't been in a Tesco for many years, so I couldn't say.

However, I can confirm that The Co-op's unappetising ready meals range bosts both "Italian-style Meal Solutions" ; "Indian-style Meal Solutions"; which annoys me almost as much as their investment of my money in Glaxosmithkline and Vodafone that they conned out of me by having a supposed 'ethical' banking policy.

The fucking fuckers at the fucking Co-op can fucking fuck them-fucking-selves, the fucks.

wheatgod

Quote from: "imitationleather"Did he have to send the jet black polo to them, or did they just take his word for it?

Yes, they took his word for it. A mistake, cos he was lying.

My mate's parents sent back a bag of Liquorice Allsorts because there was one type missing, which prevented them from constructing their own Bertie Bassett. They should have received a letterbomb but were instead handsomely rewarded to the sum of a tenner.

The Plaque Goblin

Captain Crunch

I wrote to GMTV a while back complaining about Fiona 'WITCH' Phillips' posture.  Did they write back?  Did they bollocks.  So that makes - things that are stupid - me.

Artemis

If you look at a four pint container of organic milk in Tesco's - at the side it says:

"...may contain milk."

imitationleather

Quote from: "The Boston Crab"My mate's parents sent back a bag of Liquorice Allsorts because there was one type missing, which prevented them from constructing their own Bertie Bassett. They should have received a letterbomb but were instead handsomely rewarded to the sum of a tenner.

Hang on, what's to stop you from buying a bag and then taking out all of one type yourself? Absolutely nothing!

I suppose the companies don't really care whether or not it's a genuine claim because very few people bother making a fuss in the first place and them offering a tenner to everyone who tries their luck is cheaper and easier than actually challenging each one.

MonkeyDrummer

Quote from: "Sherringford Hovis"
Quote from: "Bogey"
However, I can confirm that The Co-op's ..... 'ethical' banking policy.

The fucking fuckers at the fucking Co-op can fucking fuck them-fucking-selves, the fucks.

Another victim of Co-op's marketing department. Smile? Fuck off!

Pinball

When you shut down Windows, and it asks if you want to end program. The number of times I've shutdown, gone to bed, and next morning find the fucking PC is still on.  Ai.

Pinball

Yes, but do that too often and you'll corrupt the OS.

Brutus Beefcake

I turned my PC off at the wall before it had shut down properly and the hard drive was wiped.  So be careful.

Hypnotoad.

Quote from: "Brutus Beefcake"I turned my PC off at the wall before it had shut down properly and the hard drive was wiped.  So be careful.

Turning the PC off wouldn't have wiped the hard drive, something else went badly wrong

gazzyk1ns

Brutus Beefcake

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Everytime Windows has presented me with the button "End Now", it never "Ends Now" anything, ever. You always have to wait and sigh whilst your cock goes all soft.

Brutus Beefcake

easytarget

Quote from: "Pinball"When you shut down Windows, and it asks if you want to end program. The number of times I've shutdown, gone to bed, and next morning find the fucking PC is still on.  Ai.

Yes, that's really annoying.
You can edit the registry to stop this:
open
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\
set
AutoEndTasks to 1

Or you can run
shutdown -s -f -t 01

(I haven't tried this myself, yet, they're from Windows XP Hacks by MSFT hater Preston Gralla)

JPA

Quote from: "imitationleather"
I suppose the companies don't really care whether or not it's a genuine claim because very few people bother making a fuss in the first place and them offering a tenner to everyone who tries their luck is cheaper and easier than actually challenging each one.

Along these lines, I know someone who complained that his packet of jelly babies had barely any black ones compared to the other colours and that it was a bit racist. Those fucking Sweet-Nazis sent him a couple of packets to keep him quiet, *and the Daily Mail ran the story on the front page with the headline 'IS THIS WHAT IT'S COME TO?EH?EH?'.

*This part of the story is a lie, however the rest is true.

Craig Torso

Quote from: "JPA"someone who complained that his packet of jelly babies had barely any black ones compared to the other colours and that it was a bit racist..
Not screaming like my passengers.

No, hold on..

He's got a point, you know.