Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:47:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Novelty Songs

Started by falafel, March 11, 2004, 12:09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

falafel

I've had far too much coffee, far far too much coffee, and I'm stuck in the middle of an essay, and I just listened to 'Star Trekkin' by The Firm. And I found it strangely alluring.

I know it's shit, and it's just the chemicals doing it, but it sparked a question: has there ever been a decent novelty song? Bar the Spitting Image 'South African' one, that is.

Watch this thread descend faster than a particularly turbo-powered cheetah.

butnut

Does 'Fuck her Gently' by Tenacious D count as a novelty song?

Tom U4EA

I've written hundreds (well, erm, tens) and, no, none of them was decent.

Goldentony

just about every lawnmower deth song ever made was a novelty song and all are above par

Jemble Fred

Very few novelty songs are shite. Just the Black Lace ones, really. The most important rule of all great music is to have a sense of humour. Didn't that Lennon bloke say that? Yes.

Gazeuse

Quote from: "Jemble Fred"Very few novelty songs are shite. Just the Black Lace ones, really. The most important rule of all great music is to have a sense of humour. Didn't that Lennon bloke say that? Yes.

Gang Bang is a great little toon.

Jemble Fred

Thanks for the harrowing visual memory of Rita Sue & Bob Too, Gazeuse. Hasn't ruined my afternoon at all.

Darrell

No comment.

Well rather that than me making a MASSIVE list. I keep meaning to compile a CD completely full of fantastic comedy songs and call it "WHY COMEDY SONGS ARE GREAT (AND WHY YOU ARE PROBABLY WRONG)", and force it upon all and sundry.

Gazeuse

Quote from: "Jemble Fred"Thanks for the harrowing visual memory of Rita Sue & Bob Too, Gazeuse. Hasn't ruined my afternoon at all.

No longer just a memory...

:-)

Spaced Cadet

Not sure if it counts as a novelty song, but Fuck Off Noddy by Ian Dury is a good one. As is Up Yaws by ???? Remember that can of worms from the old board ?

sproggy

'Fluffy Pup' or 'Desperate Dan by the Macc Lads

In fact, come to think of it (which I very often do) Desperate Dan is quite a respectable tune.

dan dirty ape

Quote from: "Spaced Cadet"Not sure if it counts as a novelty song, but Fuck Off Noddy by Ian Dury is a good one.  

Yeah. I dunno why the line 'Winnie the Pooh...is having a wank'  sung in a cockney voice amuses me so greatly, but there y'go, it does.  I think it's that pause.

It Was Cancer

"Where's Me Jumper?" by Sultans of Ping FC always makes me giggle.

smoker

does call me al by paul simon count?
jonny appleseed or buggly eyes by nofx
plenty of python
what was the one peter sellers did with <sophia loren?> about his heart going bom diddy bom or summat?