Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:46:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Broadband/TV/Phone provider - Get me connected!

Started by hoverdonkey, April 16, 2006, 08:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoverdonkey

I know there have been threads about this in the past but after a search the last one was last posted in over a year ago, as far as I could find, so thought it might be OK to start afresh, given all the new services out there.

I'm currently with Telewest, who provide my broadband, TV and phone service. It's a bit of a fucker because I could get every Sky channel for free because I work for them, but I'm not allowed a dish on the side of the building. Anyway, I've come to the conclusion in these days of falling tariffs and faster connections, that there must be a better deal to the one I signed up for about four years ago.

I'm currently paying about £65/month for unlimited broadband usage, basic TV and the phone, which suddenly occurred to me to be really quite a lot of money. A quick bit of research brought up Homechoice - who do the same thing, but for about £30 less a month, but are they any good?

The Telewest TV servcie is shite, certainly compared to Sky (I'm not a company whore, but the Sky+ is superb) so I just wondered if anyone had experienced this Homechoice malarky and whether it cut the mustard. If not, who should I go with? Any advice for an old boy who wants to change? Thanks chaps.

[Hides in corner and awaits a spanking from Search Nazi]