Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:05:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Reverse Song Du Jour!

Started by TJ, April 20, 2006, 10:24:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Passing Turk Slipper

Maybe once we have had a few more requests we could compile a list of all the tracks people have asked after but haven't been found, it would be a shame if someone had a track someone wanted but missed the post asking for it. I am always hearing about specific unreleased or rare tracks that I really want to get my hands on but have no real idea where to start, this thread is great for stuff like that, and the fact that a lot of the things asked for aren't commercially available or are at least of interest to more than just the requester makes it even better.

A Passing Turk Slipper

And that reminds me, has anyone got a good mp3, (of a fairly decent quality) of the White Stripes appearance on the Conan O'Brian show from that full week of appearances they did, the one where they do Let's Build a Home/Goin' Back to Memphis is what I'm really interested in, I fucking love that littly medley, the Peel session of it is great too. I've got a video of it but wouldn't mind an mp3. Any White Stripes rarities, covers, early Jack White stuff is what I'm interested in really.

Quote from: "Johnny Yesno"Yellowcake UF6 by The Stranglers (don't hit me if you can get this in Virgin!)

This was on the B-side of 'Nuclear Device' originally...and now, it's available as a bonus track on the remastered version of 'The Raven'.  I'll have a dig around amongst my CDs and try and get this uploaded for you later, Yesno.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: "trotsky assortment"
Quote from: "Johnny Yesno"Yellowcake UF6 by The Stranglers (don't hit me if you can get this in Virgin!)

This was on the B-side of 'Nuclear Device' originally...and now, it's available as a bonus track on the remastered version of 'The Raven'.  I'll have a dig around amongst my CDs and try and get this uploaded for you later, Yesno.

That'd be great! Cheers!

The Plunger

Quote from: "kidsick5000"Anyone  have The Trick by The Prodigy.
It was the be side to Breathe

I've got that! I'll upload it in a bit, watch this space.

dan dirty ape

Quotedan dirty ape wrote:
Anyone head the Flying Pickets a capella version of 'Smells Like Teen Spirit'?

Nope, but have you heard Radiohead's a capella version of their own "Creep"? Fucking superb, done in Flying Pickets style, and they even do the Jonny guitar crunch into the chorus (by coughing loudly, if I remember).

This, if Ambient Sheep or anyone else still has it.

A Passing Turk Slipper

Could someone possibly re-yousendit that Fall A Day in the Life cover for me please? I grabbed it, it was fucking great but that was on someone else's pc so I had to delete it.

fEDORA

The Divine Comedy doing either Mr Blue Sky or No One Knows

Darrell

Has anyone got Pulp doing I Believe In Father Christmas? There's a clip of them recording it on the Hits DVD and I'd love to hear the proper thing.

lankinpark

I've been managing for a decade or so with taped-off-the-radio versions of "Are We Having Fun Yet" by RealTV and "Negatively Yours" by Baby Chaos. Could any kind soul please furnish me with decent copies?

A Passing Turk Slipper

Quote from: "poor fool"A Day In The Life-ah
Brilliant, thanks.

dan dirty ape

Quote from: "lankinpark"I've been managing for a decade or so with taped-off-the-radio versions of "Are We Having Fun Yet" by RealTV and "Negatively Yours" by Baby Chaos. Could any kind soul please furnish me with decent copies?

I can probably have a root around and dig out the Baby Chaos track. Watch this space!

BeardFaceMan

Here's The Fun Machine Took A Shit And Died by Queens Of The Stone Age -

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y8MSXZ2F

As for me, I'd love a good copy of the track Big Time by Therapy?.

dan dirty ape

For Lankinpark, as promised, Baby Chaos' 'Negatively Yours'

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PD7SED8I

SurferGhost

Quote from: "Johnny Yesno"Yellowcake UF6 by The Stranglers

http://download.yousendit.com/701A88076E39D817

Brutus Beefcake

If anyone has any MP3s of original versions songs that have been covered by They Might Be Giants I would be very grateful.

Also Mogwai's cover of Please Don't Cry by Guns 'n' Roses.

Darrell

Quote from: "Brutus Beefcake"If anyone has any MP3s of original versions songs that have been covered by They Might Be Giants I would be very grateful.

For starters, you can download the entire 'Space Songs' LP (including the originals of Why Does The Sun Shine and A Shooting Star Is Not A Star) in MP3 at this link.

The original version of 'New York City' by Cub is an extra on the Gigantic documentary DVD, and the video is downloadable here in Quicktime.

'I Enjoy Being A Boy' by the Banana Splits is available in Realaudio here. Pretty crap sound quality this one, but you get the idea.

Others you might like to check out: The Four Lads - Istanbul (Not Constantinople); Lesley Gore - Maybe I Know; Georgie Fame - Yeh Yeh; XTC (as The Dukes Of Stratosphear) - 25 O'Clock.

Brutus Beefcake

Cor, thanks a lot Darrell!  I can't believe I still haven't got Gigantic.

Darrell

Quote from: "Brutus Beefcake"Cor, thanks a lot Darrell!  I can't believe I still haven't got Gigantic.

Don't be in any rush. The DVD has some great/essential stuff on it, but as a documentary it's pretty crappy. TMBG are one of the most creatively important forces in art and music, and deserve better.

Imagine if The Beatles Anthology had been shot on a crappy camcorder, with none of the archive clips presented complete, and the thing constantly being interrupted by 'whimsical' crap like an animated Blue Meanie listing all the chocolates of the Savoy Truffle, and the lyrics of I'm Only Sleeping recited by Bill Oddie. It's like that, but for TMBG.

Get Direct From Brooklyn instead, if you haven't got it.

Right, back to the topic in hand!

Brutus Beefcake

That's a pity, I'd heard it was better than that. (I have Direct From Brooklyn and the old VHS with the videos.)

danielreal2k

Jilted John

Quote"just 'cause he's better lookin' than me/just 'cause he's cool and trendy"
if anyone has it :) ta

La Tristesse Durera

Quote from: "TJ"The Charlatans 'Silly Thing' - supposedly a solo acoustic track by Tim Burgess, this was supposed to appear on the 12" version of the withdrawn 'You're So Pretty, We're So Pretty' single, but never got past promo stage. They did indicate it would be available for download through their website at some point, but if it ever was then I missed it. Loads of Charlatans forums have postings by people who claim to own a copy but then retreat into vagueness when asked to actually encode it for anyone. So do any of you lot know where to get hold of it?

I've got a Charlatans track somewhere where Tim sings in a falsetto about someone being "a silly thing", but it's only three words in an entire bit about not needing a shotgun or something. In fact I think the song is actually called Shotgun. I think it was a Japanese thing. I'm sorry this has been absolutely unhelpful. Good luck in finding it though.

kidsick5000

Quote from: "The Plunger"http://beta.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=A0E2F7BC646BF03F

Here's that Prodigy track. Enjoy.

Thanks. That as good as Christmas Day. I shall now inflict the office with it. Cheers.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: "danielreal2k"Jilted John

Quote"just 'cause he's better lookin' than me/just 'cause he's cool and trendy"
if anyone has it :) ta
http://download.yousendit.com/DCF421031D9B6FEC
Courtesy of Limewire.
That's the first time I've heard the ending.  My cassette (long since recorded over) of it I taped off Tony Blackburn's Junior Choice in 1979 lacked the ending.
EDIT:  I seem to remember Jilted John had a 2nd single, but when I just looked in Guinness Book Of Hit Singles it wasn't listed.  Was it not a hit, or am I just remembering the b-side of his only single?

imitationleather

Does anyone possibly have the theme tunes to both series of Fist of Fun in mp3 form? Cheers in advance.

Brutus Beefcake

Does anyone have the non album version of Cyclops Rock?

Danorak

Quote from: "Partridge's Love Child"I'd also love some Vicki Anderson.  Any of it.  Even the Mother Popcorn anthology released about 18 months ago is hard to come by without forking out a ruddy fortune for it.
I'm just recording some tracks off "Message from a Soul SIster" - I'll put 'em up in a couple of days...

kidsick5000

I'm not expecting many responses from this, but does anyone have 'Carnival of Light' by The Beatles?

Just wondering