Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:40:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Photoshop Oil Paintings

Started by Banana Woofwoof, April 25, 2006, 05:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Or Paintshop, if you're me.

I've been off work today so did pictures of friends because I was bored:

I think the oil brush on these applications is brilliant! I'm not very adept at using them, but I'm guessing you lot are.

So, using the oil brush on your imaging stuff, knock me up something tasty.

Des Nilsen

Those are lovely. :)

I don't have Photoshop, so I've wondered about that oil paint thing - do you get to modify pictures like a smudge function or do you work from scratch (Or both)?

-

Those are indeed lovely BWW.

As far as I know Photoshop can't do that oil brush thing without extra plug-ins. The built-in paint filters give you very little control and are a bit crap if you ask me.

Disclaimer: I'm still on PS 7.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

Did you use some sort of pen thing or are those using mouse?

They're great either wya!

I used my mouse, which led to a very sore hand. They took ages!

Des, with the middle one I just painted over the photo with an oil brush, very slowly.  It's just the guide for colours and that, sort of like an outline. The first one was easiest because there's big blocks of colour.  The last one was difficult, because I made it into a sort of line drawing then used a photo for reference.  Jodie and Kirsty's skin is very pale and the photos are in good light so it's easy to copy them, but Stephen was in my friend's room, the photo had crazy red eyes and the light made his face more shaded.  It took flippin' ages but he liked it so that's okay.

It's my favourite paint shop tool because it's so similar to proper oil paints.  You can blend, mix and the way you move your brush can give you texture and shape, almost touchable looking. Man, when I can some money I wanna get a proper canvas and some oils, I love oil paints.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

BWW do any of your other female friends have eyebrows that aren't drawn on?

Yes, Jodie.  She has natural eyebrows she emphasises, like most girls, but thanks for your highly constructive comment etc etc etc.

AY's picture looks pervy but I think that's because I've seen the vagina bouquet thing.

Lt Plonker

Those are dead cool. I like the bottom one because it seems more impressionisitic and 'active', so to speak.

When you take up the real thing, have a look through Drawn!. There's tons of inspiration and styles that may tickle your fancy. If not, it's just a nice site to poodle through.

I'm terrible with paints. Digital or otherwise. I'm trying to learn gouache because I like the bold, graphic colours.

fanny splendid

hands cold, liver warm

Fanny, excellent self-portrait

Lee

Quote from: "Banana Woofwoof"(picture)
You're friends with James Bond?! Wow...

fanny splendid

Quote from: "hands cold, liver warm"Fanny, excellent self-portrait

Wow, even with a tie on. Well done little old you!

slim

That looks a bit like sore bottom mum, I reckon.

I was going to ask who it actually was, to confirm my guess, but then I had the bright idea of looking at the filename. :)

Are you doing those in PS, fanny? If so, with plugins or not? Or is it Illustrator or something like that?

fanny splendid

I used Corel Painter to do those; using a pen and tablet on Prescott, and a mouse for Jesus.

hands cold, liver warm

your work is very excellent

sproggy

fanny splendid

Quote from: "hands cold, liver warm"your work is very excellent

Thanks! You're not the only one who think so!

;-)

Lee

Wow! Very well done Fanny!

imitationleather

Haha, brilliant stuff!

Got a scan?

sproggy

Congratulations fanny.

You kept the Guardian spread quiet, modesty becomes you.

sproggy

A quick brogle around that Saatchi site has thrown up some nice work.

A real mix of people and styles, very interesting.

QuoteI'm inspirated from the dark side of life.

No shit.