Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,311
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:53:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Powerful Images...

Started by sproggy, May 05, 2006, 11:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FanOfKylie

Quote from: "Santa's Boyfriend"
Quote from: "Catalogue Trousers"(picture)

I was always a sucker for a bit of good iconic flag-waving following victory over a tyrannical bastard. Just a pity that the Soviets (and every other nation) always ended up with their share of the latter.

Check this one out:

(picture)

This was actually a reconstruction of an earlier flag being raised which had been missed by photographer Yevgeni Khaldei but it's still a cracking photograph.

Cohaagen

This (incredible) photograph shows the re-entry into the atmosphere of eight MIRVs (Multiple Independent Re-entry Vehicles) from the laughably-named "Peacekeeper" nuclear ICBM during a test in America. Each one, were it a live warhead, would represent between 10 and 25 times the yield of the bomb which destroyed Hiroshima. A terrifying and strangely awesome picture.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Quote from: "Shoulders?-Stomach!"What's wrong with that gag?

At least you didn't say "That's what I'd have done if I'd have got hold of her- staring like that- fucking provocative."

It's shit?

Catalogue Trousers

Santa's Boyfriend wrote:

QuoteCheck this one out

Cheers, SB, that's the one that I was trying to find in the first place! Nice one.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: "Al Tha Funkee Homosapien"

At least you didn't say "That's what I'd have done if I'd have got hold of her- staring like that- fucking provocative."

It's shit?

I meant wrong on a moral level, which seemed to be the problem you were having with it.

Anyhow- did anyone see that terrific photo of the two people holding up the umbrella in the guardian- It's with the Indonesian earthquake story. If anyones got it available post it on here- it's quite powerful.

J-boy

Evicting the Israeli's.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Quote from: "Shoulders?-Stomach!"
Quote from: "Al Tha Funkee Homosapien"

It's shit?

I meant wrong on a moral level, which seemed to be the problem you were having with it.

No. I just thought that was a stereotypically unfunny thing to say. My problem was with crapness of the joke, not any PC concerns.

All Surrogate

Cambrian Times

The Helix Nebula. AKA "The Eye of God"

Jemble Fred

He's got beautiful eyes. I'd like to see the rest, perhaps this 'God' character may be worth a good fucking.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

So that's what happened to Sauron when his suspensory ligaments were severed from Barad-Dur.