Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:31:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Wrong Mushrooms

Started by Cohaagen, May 11, 2006, 09:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cohaagen

I created this poster exploration for the Charles Bronson movie "The Wrong Mushrooms" using MS Paint several months ago but have forgotten what the plot was supposed to be. Any suggestions for characters/narrative/etc?

imitationleather

Fucking hell, you are an MSPaint don!

alan strang

No idea what any of this is about but I just wanted to say that I love this design - it's like a 60s soundtrack LP on the Music For Pleasure label. All laminated cover, foldover flaps and Emitex ad.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Why have Thames Valley Police blimps been deployed to Dorset to intercept a rampaging Cerna Abbas Giant? Surely this is a job for Dorset police force.

Cohaagen

Quote from: "Al Tha Funkee Homosapien"Why have Thames Valley Police blimps been deployed to Dorset to intercept a rampaging Cerna Abbas Giant? Surely this is a job for Dorset police force.

That's a good point, Al. It's merely one of the countless errors that were practically a trademark of movies produced in the 70s and 80s by the notoriously penny-pinching Golan-Globus production house (Delta Force, Cobra, the Death Wish sequels). Fact is, Dorset Constabulary didn't have any active blimps at the time of shooting, so those seen in the movie are actually decommissioned "Oystercatchers", a post-WWII design, formerly of the Thames Valley force. I guess that the makers thought the (mainly American) audiences wouldn't notice. Another good example of this kind of goof is the three-minute tracking shot of Bronson driving over the Golden Gate Bridge, despite the movie being set in rural England.

Thanks also for the nice comments, alan and imitationleather, you're very kind.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

I also notice that car on fire is a Austin Allegro concept car that was first displayed at the 1974 Munich car show but wasn't actually available to buy until late 1977, and even then it was only available to a very select waiting list of people. A rural farmer in deepest Dorset with such a small flock of sheep wouldn't be able to harvest enough wool to afford such a dream vehicle. Another glaring error.

imitationleather

So, is this film out on DVD or what?

EDIT: Hate to ask this, but could you possibly shrink your image or put the original picture behind a thumbnail so the page isn't stretched? It just makes reading the thread so difficult otherwise, that's all!

Mister Cairo

I think Charles Bronson should find himself in Dorest after getting on the wrong plane at LA/San Fran/wherever he hangs out having consumed too much chewing tobacco. When the 747 touches down at the little known Dorest International Airport, Bronson is still having mild headaches and penile drippage from the tobacco overdose, and only realises he is in the UK when he drives his rental car the wrong way down the motorway and is hit by a Verbwhore (who can be decided later, perhaps everybody can virtually toss for it).

Catapulted into the air, Bronson lands on the CAG and awakes it due to some of his magic drippage landing on the chalk. The giant runs amok, buggering old age pensioners, defecating on historic buildings and even popping up on Question Time to call Hazel Blears a "shit" which causes a standing ovation. After a few weeks of this the giant makes the mistake of offending Wayne Rooney and Bronson must lead the Thames Valley Police force (Dorest police are reluctant to get involved with their local giant)on a mission to hunt down and kill the CAG

monkhouse terror

I doff my hat to your l33t MSPaint skillz. I do so love the one sheep on fire in the distance.

Cohaagen

I found a few more whilst transferring stuff off my old hard drive. I hope you like them.

An imaginary razor advert featuring Arnold Schwarzenegger biting the head off Sylvester Stallone. Since his election in late 2003, the famously charismatic Governer of California has shown in political life the same strength of conviction and sense of duty that characterised many of his popular roles in Hollywood during the 80s and 90s.

When all is said and done Arnold is, in many ways, the only hero that really matters. Certainly that is true for many young men of my age. Here I have shown him taking time out from his popular mandate to endorse a quality American product.

Cliff Burton, legendary and much-missed bassist for Metallica. I have depicted Cliff as he might appear if he was 400 feet tall, on Easter Island, playing the intro to 'For Whom The Bell Tolls' with his foot up on a huge volcano. He is being attacked by WW2 Japanese soldiers. Cliff, however, has dropped acid and is indifferent to their assaults. A Jap attack blimp is about to launch a nuclear missile into his eye in an effort to destroy him. Which is ultimately futile because, as we all know, Cliff's innovative bass licks will live forever.

Here is a tribute to my all-time hero, British decathlete and two-time Olympic medal winner Daley Thompson. My very earliest memory is of sitting in front of the TV watching the famous advert where Daley runs his black twat off over a bottle of Lucozade to the tune of Iron Maiden's 'Phantom of The Opera'. 21 years after that ad first screened, I present my image of Daley Thompson, rendered in MS Paint.

Here is a tribute to another of my heroes Mick Foley, the well-known American wrestler. You can use it as wallpaper, print it out, maybe even put it on a t-shirt if you want.

If I'm being frank, I'm not terribly satisfied with the way this turned out. Should Daley Thompson pass away in the near future - possibly in a Lucozade-related incident - I am confident my picture of him is of such quality that it could easily accompany obituary notices in ANY of the major dailies. This one is a bit off though. Mick sort of looks like he's got slugs in his hair, or he's Jesus wearing a crown of thorns. The whole career of Mick Foley may in fact be one great Christ metaphor. I am pleased with the cheeseburger though, and Mick sure looks like he's going to enjoy it.

You are a good poster. I like you and the finger on your mouse and the pictures what are made by it.

Cohaagen

Quote from: "Tibetan Singing Bowl"You are a good poster. I like you and the finger on your mouse and the pictures what are made by it.

Cheers! I'd do more but I fucked my mouse up in a drunken fit the other night and I'm no good with a touchpad. Besides, I don't work without a commission...like Andy Warhol.