Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:07:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ringo's Boy

Started by Jemble Fred, March 12, 2004, 12:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jemble Fred

Oasis could be about to appoint Ringo Starr's son as their new drummer, after it emerged they've been rehearsing with him in recent weeks.

Renowned session musician Zak Starkey, who regularly plays with the surviving members of The Who, has been practicing with Oasis in preparation for a forthcoming charity show.

Starkey, alongside the Gallagher brothers and Oasis guitarist Gem Archer, have been playing together in a North London studio and are set to put together a supergroup for an upcoming show at the Royal Albert Hall.

They are expected to be joined by Paul Weller, Roger Daltrey from The Who and James Dean Bradfield from The Manic Street Preachers to play a concert in aid of the Teenage Cancer Trust.

According to XFM, the band will be called Trust. The show, on March 30, will be headlined by the Stereophonics.

We-hey! I like this news. All they've got to do now is get Dhani Harrison, James McCartney and Sean/Julian Lennon in the band, and they'll be happy.

Jemble Fred

A gig promoter's wet dream. Meet:

SEAN

JAMES

DHANI

and ZAK

Sorry, girls, he's married!

I bet that concert could scrape together a few hundred million for some charity or other.

Jemble Fred

The fact that someone other than me has posted a Beatles thread for possibly the first time in three years has made me so bold as to bump this non-event of a thread, because it really interests me. Would it really be so bad to see the Beatles' sons performing a one-off charity show, to make multi multi millions for some cause or other? The George Harrison tribute seemed to suggest that if it could happen, it would be an amazing show. Perhaps Paul & Ringo need to be history before it would ever happen, but still... call me tacky, but I think it's a potential event to look forward to.

boki

Quote from: Jemble FredWould it really be so bad to see the Beatles' sons performing a one-off charity show, to make multi multi millions for some cause or other?

Of course not.  They should go for Ringo himself, though - the scallies onstage get the absolute time of their lives and the scallies in the stadium/field dig deep. Everyone's a winner, baby.  At the end of the day, it's up to Zak who he works with, innit?  In reality it may not be that simple for him, but there ya go.

I must admit, though, that the real reason I'm replying is because I can't help thinking of when Jason Bonham plucked a singer from a Led Zep tribute band for his own group in the 80s.  Robert Plant reckons he went backstage at one of their gigs once and Approximate Percy spent the whole night hiding form him.  *chuckle*