Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:46:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Desktop Wallpaper

Started by Santa's Boyfriend, June 13, 2006, 06:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Santa's Boyfriend

I'm looking for a new desktop wallpaper for my computer, but looking around has produced some fairly dreary results.  If you lot have a good image you're using as your desktop image could you post it here?  Or if you have a good link to some nice images?  Most of the stuff I've seen on my trawls has been just so DULL!

slim

I have fallen head over heels in love with this.

Captain Crunch

I'm using this at the moment.  It may not be to your taste but it cheers me up a bit.

Timmay

I'm using this one at the moment. It's great.

butnut

Santa's Boyfriend

Blimey.  That last one wasn't the kind of thing I was expecting!!  Like the top image, but I don't own any records, so I would feel like a charlatan using that one...

EDIT:  Now why the hell did I not think of typing "desktop wallpaper" into google?  I've typed allsorts of other things.  Anyway, this place came up and it's got some nice images in it:

http://www.caedes.net/

slim

DeviantArt has some great wallpapers. You'll need to browse through a fair bit of crap but it's all categorised, which helps.

Deadman97

I'm using this at the moment. Without wanting to wax lyrical, I love the way it takes familiar and comfortable scenery, and with a simple trick of perspective turns it into something bleak and sort of heart-breaking.

Lt Plonker

Frinky

Did you make those, LP?

Lt Plonker

I captured them from my DVDs. An infinite number of wallpapers can be found on my DVDs.

Purple Tentacle

Frinky would like this.

Yes, it's my background.

Frinky

Heh, lovely. I posted (once) a beautiful shot of the A filming model "docked" from a forward view. I wish I still had it.

I've just popped this on the laptop this morning:

You might like this one, PT. Desktop, erm, desktop:

Jemble Fred

Quote from: "Deadman97"I'm using this at the moment. Without wanting to wax lyrical, I love the way it takes familiar and comfortable scenery, and with a simple trick of perspective turns it into something bleak and sort of heart-breaking.

That is goshdang awesome. Almost as good as that Enrico (or whatever it was called) Mario artwork. I've never felt so sorry for the fat little wop. He does a great job.

mook

I've been using THIS for at least a couple of years.I think it's lovely, I reckon I grabbed it from here. So if it was a whore who posted the image, then thanks.

wheatgod

Heres mine, and the pic I use for it.

monkeyfart

THIS has been a fav of mine for a long time now....

Santa's Boyfriend

Quote from: "monkeyfart"THIS has been a fav of mine for a long time now....

It says I don't have permission to access that resource.

Sovereign

this is mine, I'm not linking it coz its quite small, but looks fine when stretched on the desktop

Oscar

Can you explain what the Hell that is please Sovereign? It looks like the Devil doing yoga while his brains ooze out of his head.

Sovereign

its a stillborn baby with anencephaly with some sort of preservative/formaldahyde injected into its veins so it doesn't rot, which is why its red. Its pretty fucked up with that staring at you all day when your at the PC. Pretty Macabre, but beautiful in a weird kinda way.

NattyDread

Been using this mofo for a while. Love it.

Oscar

Quoteits a stillborn baby with anencephaly with some sort of preservative/formaldahyde injected into its veins so it doesn't rot, which is why its red. Its pretty fucked up with that staring at you all day when your at the PC. Pretty Macabre, but beautiful in a weird kinda way.
Erm, thank you. My original reaction was to make retching noises, but then I remembered that I have some similar pictures in a book about odd collections.
And yes, it is beautiful - but I'll bet you don't leave it switched on on a computer in your bedroom, floating there while you sleep.

Bogey

This seems a reasonable place to ask this question:

Has anyone invented auto-updating wallpaper for macs yet? I've got the BBC World Cup wallchart on at the moment. I can fill in the scores myself on photoshop, but it's a bit of an arse, obviously. One which updated itself (but didn't vanish when the computer is not internetted) would be ace. And there's a whole lot more potential for stuff there too of course.

Papercut

Quote from: "NattyDread"Been using this mofo for a while. Love it.
Thats driving me up the wall - Fast Asleep on the right, but what does it say on the left?

And why is she sleeping on a CPU core? Nargh!

slim

Funki Porcini.

Edit: Just edited a comma to a full-stop, honest guvnor.

What?

Oscar

I thought it said "Funk urchin fast asleep".

Deadman97

Quote from: "Jemble Fred"That is goshdang awesome. Almost as good as that Enrico (or whatever it was called) Mario artwork. I've never felt so sorry for the fat little wop. He does a great job.
Glad you like it- there seems to be something about his endless questing that lends itself to a bleak interpretation.