Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:44:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblemong 2006 - The Changing Rooms

Started by Gandhi, June 18, 2006, 09:10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gandhi

The Draw.

Slim vs. Purple Tentacle
Rubbish Monkey vs. Claudius Maximus
Lee vs. Jutl
Almost Yearly vs. DocDaneeka
Pythov vs. RHX
LtPlonker vs. Frinky
Baxter vs. Four Eyes
Tre vs. Zozman
Flook vs. Santa's Boyfriend
Eight Taiwanese Teenagers vs. Munday's Child
Miles vs. Sproglette
CCAB vs. Biniput
No_offenc vs. SuttonPubCrawl
Murdo vs. Fanny Splendid
Abbie vs. Wasp_Fi5ting

As you can see, Abbie doesn't yet have a plaything. She will either get a bye into the next round, or if she and the remaining player wishes, can replace a drop out. I'm not sure if Brutus Beefcake actually wants to play?

As there are only fourteen pairs, Abbie and the highest loser, or the two highest losers if Abbie plays, will join the winners of each match in round 2.

Matches start on Monday 18th June and will last for about two weeks, taking into account holidays et c.

Rules
1. Each game will consist of three rounds.
2. Each return picture must contain, either visually or conceptually, an element of the recieved picture.
3. The pictures will be 600 x 400, or 400 x 600 pixels in size.
4. Voting will take place by posting the name of your favourite in the game thread after play has ended.
5. Common sense prevails in image choice.
6. Pictures can be uploaded to places like photobucket.com for those who have no webspace, but the picture must be displayed in the game thread.
7. Voting will last for about 48 hours.

This thread will become the place to discuss any problems you have, or positive suggestions you might like to make, as Gandhi doesn't always notice he has recieved a private message.

Edit: Substituted Brutus with Sutton in the match vs no_offenc, and put Waspy in against Abbie

@ssmaster

Is that a typo Gandhi should it be Monday the 20th?

Bollocks to paying for a over priced ticket I am watching the games from 'Munday's Mound'. Come on Tim!!!

Gandhi

Bugger, let's split the difference and say the tournament starts on Monday 19th!

@ssmaster

Doh, I thought it was Saturday the 18th today, what month is this again???

wasp_f15ting

Oh crap :( Didnt even know this was happening, is it too late to play against someone??

fanny splendid

@ssmaster

Quote from: "fanny splendid"You could play with Abbie?

/Julian Clarey

wasp_f15ting

Quote from: "fanny splendid"You could play with Abbie?

Yeh that will be fine.

Santa's Boyfriend

Lee

Quote from: "Gandhi"Lee vs. Jutl
Oh bollocks. Ah well, you want to go first?

fanny splendid

Quote from: "Santa's Boyfriend"So, er...  When do we start?

Some time between Monday the 18th and Monday the 20th of June.

:-)

biniput

ccab

We decide between ourselves.

Do you fancy serving?

Miles

I don't think sproglette is back until the 26th of June, should I wait or just serve anyway? How long will the first round go on?

biniput

will try for something tonight will post by wednesday or thursday.

fanny splendid

Quote from: "Miles"I don't think sproglette is back until the 26th of June, should I wait or just serve anyway? How long will the first round go on?

Serve away!

There's no rush in the first round; it's an organic round, man.

DocDaneeka

I have no ideas for mine, so I say Almost Yearly should serve.

Pythov

Really looking forward to this.  I have PM'd RHX asking whether he would like me to serve or him.

no_offenc

Thankfully my PC is back in full woking order (graphics card shit the bed on me, got a spanking new X800 thing going now, cheap as and fucking boss to boot) I will PM my opponent and ask when the fuck they want to kick off and if they want to go forst or what.

Rubbish Monkey

Where does that phrase "shit the bed" come from? I all of a sudden use it rather alot

Frinky

Can we make the images GIFs?

Not that I plan on it, you've just not said otherwise.

What about flash animations, or would that be cheating too much?

slim

Toad in the Hole

As a non-participant, I think that in the interests of fairness it should remain a static picture - not everyone is going to have the skills to do Flash.  And if you're that good, then you should be able to do something pretty amazing with PhotoShop anyway.

slim

I don't have Flash, I was thinking of Imageready which is kind of a part of Photoshop anyway.

Gandhi

You can save the file in any format which will show up on the board in any browser, and will be editable in even the most basic of image editing software.

And just like my, sitting under a tree, meditating good-self, the image must be static, but be composed with such love and creative abandon that you feel your mind fly free...

Lee

Hm... Anyone seen Jutl lately? Don't tell me he's too scared to take me on...

Baxter

My first was the wrong size but it's fixed now, is that going to loose me the match?

Four Eyes

Quote from: "Baxter"My first was the wrong size but it's fixed now, is that going to loose me the match?

I know it's not down to me, but I don't think you should. Besides, the mishap gave me the inspiration for my returning shot, so I'm rather glad you made the mistake.