Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:43:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblemong 2006 - The Changing Rooms

Started by Gandhi, June 18, 2006, 09:10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Part Chimp

Quote from: "fanny splendid"Why would anyone want to? Do you need someone to mong a fantastical axe chopping them in two before you can get off on it?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/5158828.stm

yes please

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

Frinky is a quitter. What happens now?

ccab

I have no idea who I'm supposed to be playing in the second round, unfortunately I'm going to be in Papua New Guinea for the next 6 weeks which means my time in this tournament has run out.

So, if Gandhi could let my anonymous opponent know he has just escaped a thrashing...

fanny splendid

hands cold, liver warm

any of you wimblemongers fancy voting in the audio tennis competition in Up Your Arts?

you know you want to, voting is fun

biniput

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I was knocked out by  a person who had no intention of going further.

Survival of the mongest.

Santa's Boyfriend

Quote from: "no_offenc"
Quote from: "Santa's Boyfriend"
Quote from: "no_offenc"I'm waiting for Santa's Boyfriend to serve....

Unless he/she/it is waiting for ME to serve, then of course I shall have something quick to go for tomorrow evening at latest.

Sorry, I was waiting for you...  :-)

D'you want me to start then?  I could have sommat before about 10, given this dreadful dreadful hot weather baking my skull.

Yes Please!  I'm dry of ideas for a starting one right now.

Robot DeNiro

[spam]

If anyone is in voting mood, the World Cuts audio tennis tournament (over in Up Your Arts) could do with your support.

Three first round matches are currently awaiting the public's decision, but to be honest voter apathy is threatening to unbalance the results.  If you have time to listen to some tuneful / scary / funny audio clips, my fellow players and I would certainly appreciate it.

The World Cuts discussion thread

Murdo vs. ClaudiusMaximus

Butnut vs. Jutl

Robot DeNiro vs. Hands Cold, Liver Warm

Edit: Gah, I see my opponent has beaten me to it, requesting your attention a few posts up.  You may have won this battle Hands Cold, Liver Warm, but you have not won the war.

vote for me

Quote from: "Robot DeNiro"[spam]

If anyone is in voting mood, the World Cuts audio tennis tournament (over in Up Your Arts) could do with your support.

Three first round matches are currently awaiting the public's decision, but to be honest voter apathy is threatening to unbalance the results.  If you have time to listen to some tuneful / scary / funny audio clips, my fellow players and I would certainly appreciate it.

The World Cuts discussion thread

Murdo vs. ClaudiusMaximus

Butnut vs. Jutl

Robot DeNiro vs. Hands Cold, Liver Warm

Edit: Gah, I see my opponent has beaten me to it, requesting your attention a few posts up.  You may have won this battle Hands Cold, Liver Warm, but you have not won the war.

vote for me

If I ever get home I shall vote in every match!

Purple Tentacle

Whyyyy are we waaaaaiting?
We are suffocaaaating!

(Repeat ad infinitum)

The crowd are getting restless, and there's a danger Cliff could stand up and sing....

Toad in the Hole

This tournament does rather seem to be dying on its proverbial posterior.

Round 2

Claudius Maximus vs. Miles

Santa's Boyfriend vs. no_offenc NO SIGN OF ANYONE!

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers vs. Frinky FRINKY HAS QUIT

Jutl vs. Almost Yearly

Wasp_Fi5ting vs. Baxter HAS BAXTER DISAPPEARED FOREVER?

Slim vs. Pythov STILL GOING

fanny vs. Zozman

Highest Placed Runner Up* vs. CCAB NO SIGN OF ANYONE! WHO'S MEANT TO BE PLAYING?

fanny splendid

Quote from: "Eight Taiwanese Teenagers"
Highest Placed Runner Up* vs. CCAB NO SIGN OF ANYONE! WHO'S MEANT TO BE PLAYING?

CCAB pulled out, Sproglette goes through.

no_offenc

I have absolutely no inspiration and not really much time to get owt together (been trying to find time for more than a week).  Can I let Santa's Boyfriend go through?  Sorry...

wasp_f15ting

Jebus... whats happening, not on about you No-of, but just everyone in general.

Don't be shy, be sick and as fucked up as you can. No one is going to tell you off, cab can come off as a bit nanny like during people posting. Monging isnt like that, just be whoever you want to be. I want to see bleeding gums, ghandi with tits I just want everyone to mong :(

no_offenc

I'd probably have done something but i've been devoid of any idea or will to do anything other than work and sleep the past few weeks...

Almost Yearly

Yeah, people put the effort in and lose, only to have their efforts made ridiculous by cunt drop-outs.

It's very rude. It's antisocial. Not that that should be a surprise I suppose.

If it turns out you haven't the time, do it quickly and you'll probably lose just fine.

Next year, just don't fucking enter OK? The list will be shorter, and therefore the tournament will be shorter.

I'm completely serious, cunts.

Quote from: "Almost Yearly"Yeah, people put the effort in and lose, only to have their efforts made ridiculous by cunt drop-outs.

If it turns out you haven't the time, do it quickly and you'll probably lose just fine.

Next year, just don't fucking enter OK? The list will be shorter, and therefore the tournament will be shorter.

hear, hear!

no_offenc

Quote from: "Almost Yearly"Yeah, people put the effort in and lose, only to have their efforts made ridiculous by cunt drop-outs.

Well okay then I take it back, I'll try to knock something shit out tonight and see where that takes me, if it's pissing people off.

"Not that that should be a surprise I suppose" - meaning what, exactly?  Cunt yourself.

Almost Yearly

I'll answer any charges of cunt.

(i) My shouting just happened to follow your post, rather than being aimed only at you, and this was obvious I think. To take it all on yourself would be a bit BB Nikki.

(ii) That clause was meant to infer that the average level of social skills and awareness is lower in members of internet communities than in real life. It didn't need saying really, and for this specific point I concede cuntdom.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

It's quite like real tennis this, with people dropping out all over the place.

"Oooh is Rafael Jutl in this? Ooh, my leg hurts... Ouchy! I'm injured, Sir!"

"Well I don't have a chance now I've been drawn with Almost Federer, bugger this!"

Almost Yearly

I suppose it's only the latter rounds and ultimately the final that are remembered...

Edit: not true, with the Splendid Remember-o-site.

no_offenc

Quote from: "Almost Yearly"I'll answer any charges of cunt.

(i) My shouting just happened to follow your post, rather than being aimed only at you, and this was obvious I think. To take it all on yourself would be a bit BB Nikki.

(ii) That clause was meant to infer that the average level of social skills and awareness is lower in members of internet communities than in real life. It didn't need saying really, and for this specific point I concede cuntdom.

Fair enough then.  I'm back in anyway, as I've said, if you lot will still have me.  I kind of like the shot I did anyway.

Gandhi

Round 3 - The Yawn.

fanny vs Santa's Boyfriend
Eight Taiwanese Teenagers vs. Sproglette
Baxter vs. Miles
Slim or Pythov vs. Jutl

All games to be finshed by June 2007 so that Wimblemong 2007 can start...

Gandhi thanks Almost Yearly for the timely heckling :-)

wasp_f15ting

why did so few people vote in my match :(

rudi

Quote from: "wasp_f15ting"why did so few people vote in my match :(

I, for one, got so bored waiting for the games to finish i only rarely pop by this section now, unfortunately... :(

Cerys

You see what happens when I don't play...?

fanny splendid

You have been sorely missed this year, Cerys.

Santa's Boyfriend

Fanny, do you want to start or shall I?

fanny splendid

I don't mind. If you have an idea, then away you go!