Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:43:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblemong 2006 - The Changing Rooms

Started by Gandhi, June 18, 2006, 09:10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hands cold, liver warm

perhaps the people who say they want to take part in the competition should actually do what they said and take part in the competition.

like they said they would

oooh, get him.

sproggy

Yes there did seem to be a lot early withdrawals and exclamations of 'Oh I can't be arsed' this year.

Well done Santa BTW

Santa's Boyfriend

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Santa's Boyfriend"Er...  I don't know.  Perhaps set a time limit on a reply?  If you go over the time limit you forfit the game?

That's what we used to have, ccab, bless his swastika embroided socks, used to insist on a 2 day reply maximum I believe. Any complainers were told not to participate.

It was like Photoshop in Nazi Germany, but unlike Nazi Germany, very efficient.

butnut

I know it's probably strike-worthy to say this, but I wonder if the pacifist Gandhi is really the right sort of role model to be running this. Perhaps, as PT says, it should be more of a Nazi regime, complete with hilarious name change to 'Vimblemong'.

Santa's Boyfriend

I think a 4-day reply period is sensible.  2 day is a little short as it's sometimes not possible to reply within 2 days.

hands cold, liver warm

what about 2 shots instead of 3 - shorter matches with less work to do are more likely to be finished

that's what we should have  done with the audio world cuts abortion

Purple Tentacle

OPINION ALERT:

I think the main problem with Tennis and the World Cuts is that there isn't enough creative momentum on the site anymore.  I was never a creative thread-starter, I'd delight in following the lead of other's fantastic mongs.

But I think with the departure of the 'key players' of the golden years of UYA (and if GD being in a slump is debatable, I don't think there can be any debate about the state of UYA), too many people, myself very much included, have let themselves drift and the inclination to actually achieve something is gone.  Too few prodders, too many prodees.

It really is a crying shame, because if this tennis tournament proved anything, it's that there are a lot of very talented people on this board, myself very much included, all they need is the right motivation.

Still, we've got the radio marxist collaboration sitcom "The Forum" to look forward to, the finished pilot I believe is going to be posted tomorrow.

hands cold, liver warm

I think that like-minded audio/visual whores should talk about what kind of threads they would like to see, threads they would be willing to take part in.

if there is a core of people who can stop the thread from dying, then perhaps others will get involved as it progresses.

I would like to do more audio stuff

I've been wondering for quite a while if the people who used to do the mongs are still doing them, but are putting them on B3ta instead. Or are they just not doing them at all?

By ze vay, if I vaz in Kommand of Vimblemong, I vud ban ze konceptual link rule. It vud be ze showers for anyvone that did not utilize a part of ze opponent's image, unt ze firing squad for anyvone taking longer than 2 days for a single shot, mein gott.

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Cardinal Tit Storm"By ze vay, if I vaz in Kommand of Vimblemong, I vud ban ze konceptual link rule. It vud be ze showers for anyvone that did not utilize a part of ze opponent's image, unt ze firing squad for anyvone taking longer than 2 days for a single shot, mein gott.

*Clicks heels and salutes Cardinal Tit Storm slightly too enthusiastically*

Marv Orange

I was thinking about starting a French Lawn Asscociation Monging thread just to keep the photoshoping going. People just react to the previous picture like in Wimblemong. Untill we get a forest of mongs.