Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:37:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Round one - no_offenc vs. Suttonpubcrawl ***VOTE VOTE VOTE***

Started by no_offenc, June 26, 2006, 12:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

no_offenc

Brutus Beefcake

no_offenc

If you want me to send you the PSD then I'll upload it to my hosting for you, just give the word like.

rudi

Quote from: "Brutus Beefcake"OH CUNT

If Hingis shouted that rather than just grunted on court I'd be forced to stalk/lovingly stab her... :)

no_offenc

mothman

Suttonpubcrawl

Am I allowed to play then? Is someone else going to take the place? Oh sod it, I'll do something anyway just for a laugh and sort this issue out after the event.

Suttonpubcrawl

Well, here's an entry just in case I am allowed to play in this match.

ffogems

Looking at the top thread, it seems that you got there first, Suttonpubcrawl, so you go ahead. I'll finish my potential shot anyway and stick it in bits and bobs or something.

Brutus Beefcake

I was going to have a try at this but my Photoshopping skills aren't really up to much so it'd probably be better if someone else has a go.

Suttonpubcrawl

no_offenc

Nice return.  I'll have an answer for that sometime...tomorrow....

I think.

Marv Orange

mothman

@ssmaster

Oh I am revealing my inner Star Trek TNG geek. That is inspired. Suttonpubcrawl needs to pull a good one out of the bag or I fear it will be a case of 'Chaka...when the walls fell' for him.

/geek

no_offenc

Suttonpubcrawl, if you want the PSD of this then PM me or something and I'll send it on.

What's your point with the two Enterprises Sutton? Because of course, the 2nd one is a refit, not a continuity error...

Suttonpubcrawl

Quote from: "DevlinC"What's your point with the two Enterprises Sutton? Because of course, the 2nd one is a refit, not a continuity error...

My point is that the "refit" is actually very significantly different from the original. I saw a website comparing the shape of the refit with the original and it concluded that there'd have to be almost nothing left of the original. They're different sizes and shapes so none of the exterior of the original would be able to remain in the refit, and it's hard to imagine why they'd bother to keep anything of an older vessel if they were to so extensively rebuild it. The answer is of course that these are films and TV programmes, so not everything that happens in them will make sense. It doesn't really make sense to worry that much about continuity because you're never going to get anywhere, but some people do anyway.

I could have chosen something like the Klingon's head ridges not being there in the original series. You would then have been able to say "because of course the ones without ridges are those who were infected with the mutagenic virus...". Well, yes. But isn't that just a ridiculous attempt to shoehorn in some kind of sensible continuity by the makers of Star Trek: Enterprise? They might as well just have left that alone really.

mothman

It warms my heart to see all this emergent Trekly nerdiness.

Quote from: "Suttonpubcrawl"I could have chosen something like the Klingon's head ridges not being there in the original series. You would then have been able to say "because of course the ones without ridges are those who were infected with the mutagenic virus...".

Been able to? Perhaps. But would have? Absolutely not. Enterprise is not in my Star Trek canon.

And good point about the 1701 & refit.

Edit: And a new page just to highlight my geekdom. Wonderful.

biniput

Inspired reply there from no_offenc .     So simple and yet so effective and well thought out.  Its this kind of thing i'm trying to delve up myself.  Sod the monging, it's the ideas i'm after.

Suttonpubcrawl

no_offenc

A bit of a controversial move on my part here, but 'ave it anyway.....

FWACK

And I await my opponent's final shot.  As always if you need the PSD file then just ask.

Frinky

Quote from: "no_offenc"*thwack*

(picture)

That's really, really good.

mothman

This is shaping up to being really tough to judge.

Suttonpubcrawl

edit: FUCK! I put the wrong version up, this one was the wrong size. Hang on.

Suttonpubcrawl

Here we go. The stupid thing is, I had the correct size one already prepared and then went and put the wrong address in the post.

no_offenc

And that's that.  VOTE VOTE VOTE, people.

EDIT - where the fuck did you find a picture of a bloke lying down on toast??  Ace stuff, hahah.

slim