Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:55:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"Knitting For Psychos"

Started by Lee, June 30, 2006, 02:23:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee

I've no doubt everyone's seen these before, but being very slow off the mark, I've only just seen these for the first time. Now, does anyone know where they came from? From what I gather from Google, it's some German person who does them. I'd love to try and get my hands on one or two of them, so if anyone can suggest anything, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Des Nilsen

Those are brilliant!

Quote from: "Lee"http://www.picturetrunk.com/uploads/e59f69ba99.jpg - bear conjoined twins!

'Specially love this one. Though the bunny with the carrott in it gets a close second. The John the Baptist-style head is good too, heh.
I got a slight pang of discomfort seeing the little teddy impaled on the unicorn's horn. It looks like my teddy bear I had when I was a baby.

(I've never seen them before, Lee).

-

Circusfire

Oh wow! I've never seen them before. They are fucking amazing. The cat is my favourite.

My brother bought a house recently and I was thinking of getting one of these for him as a present.

http://www.kropserkel.com/horse_head_pillow.htm

Part of the reason I want to buy it is that I know my brother would love it but his bird would totally fucking hate it. I'm not buying it though as I refuse to pay $65 fucking dollars for shipping.

Abbatoir worker

I wish my mum was still alive she was great at knitting.  She converted one of those knitted scarecrows into Robert Smith of The Cure for one of my goth mates once.  Wish I had a picture of that.

I like the cojoined teddies best, probably from reading Geek Love recently.

Cerys

I'm very tempted to forward some of those to my mum.  I especially like the shark.

Lady Beaner

boki

I totally want the tiger.

slim

Not the same, but I'm going to get these for our (possible) new house:

Toad in the Hole

I presume you lot are also aware of the Bunny Suicides books then?  Very similar sort of humour, and very funny.

Lee

Slim - ever seen Rex The Runt? If you have, you'll know why I'm asking you. :)

I'm still no closer to finding their origins. Anyone?

slim

Yes, I have - that's where the fondness stems from I think!

Sorry, no luck here from some googling. I'd not seen them before you posted.

Pinball

So, um, where does one buy 'em?

Lee

That's exactly what I'm trying to find out!

petula dusty

This knitting forum didn't find it very amusing:

http://www.knittingforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3070&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

QuoteAgree with Bronte the monkey on the banana is cute! Did you see the way his little foot is supposed to be in the water and there's a little circle of water around it where it goes in? Too cute for words!

But the little boy who has fallen off his bike with blood coming from his head? No, definitely not cute. It made me stop in my tracks actually. But if it makes children wear cycle helmets when they go out on their bikes, maybe it's in a good cause after all.

It looks like the creator is a German woman, Patricia Waller:

http://patriciawaller.com/index.html

My Mum would love this:

Doesn't say where you can buy them or get the patterns but there are contact details on the website.

opyty

I may not know much about knitting but I'm thinking that a woollen toilet just isn't hygienic, not to mention the fact that it wouldn't hold my weight.

This cute but fucked-up knitting reminded me a bit of those mentally disturbed toys and the associated flash therapy game.

Circusfire

Curses, it looks like they are works of art. Can't see anything on the site saying they are actually for sale.

That knitting forum sucks

QuoteI agree it is sick. And rather sad that some people have nothing better to do than produce that kind of thing!

Piss off and knit a tea cosy you stupid bitch.

QuoteConsidering my DH spent 6 months in intensive care when he was a teenager due to a brain haemorrage/skull fracture after a bike accident - erm no I didn't like it either!

What on earth is is a DH?

mook

hands cold, liver warm

petula dusty

I think it stands for 'Dear Husband'. You get it a lot on forums mostly inhabited by women. DS - Dear Son, DD - Dear Daughter, OH - Other Half, FOB - I haven't managed to work that one out yet. If the 'D' stands for summat else then I'll gladly stand corrected.

I hate women's forums.

hands cold, liver warm

mook

Forceful Orifice Botherer?

Thank you V V V V

Best new page evarrrrr ^^^

petula dusty

Quote from: "mook"Forceful Orifice Botherer?

Could well be that as it seems to be used mostly in reference to men who have bogged off once the woman is pregnant.

It's probably something a little more twee though like 'Flipping 'Orrible Bugger'

Blue Jam

This has reminded me of another artist who knits jumpers with disturbing patterns- I remember seeing a jumper she knitted which looked like a chunky snowflake-patterened christmas jumper but on closer inspection it had a swastika design. Anyone know who it was? I think some of the jumpers were on show at the Sensation exhibition along with Damien Hirst's shark and the Myra Hindley portrait.

Bloody hell it feels wrong typing "swastika jumper" into google, I feel like Bing Crosby or Walt Disney

Lee

Quote from: "Circusfire"Curses, it looks like they are works of art. Can't see anything on the site saying they are actually for sale.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO...........

Brutus Beefcake

Quote from: "opyty"This cute but fucked-up knitting reminded me a bit of those mentally disturbed toys and the associated flash therapy game.

I cured them!

The Plaque Goblin