Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:34:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Audio Tennis

Started by Lee, July 05, 2006, 07:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee

Anyone remember this from 2003?

QuoteNo.
Oh. Well, it was just like Wimblemong, but with sound. Instead of a 600x400 picture, you create 30 second bits of audio. The first one came up with some great bits from Boki, Twisted Disco, Chadwick (whatever happened to him?), "Sir Kobble" and at least 4 more.

Would anyone be up for doing this, following Wimblemong of course?

no_offenc

Quite possibly yes.

Cack Hen

boki

Part of me is up for the challenge and the rest remembers how useless I was last time (and I was).  I'll be the reserve in case there's an odd number sign up.

butnut

Heh I might be interested in this - and will be shown up by all you whizz kids no doubt!

jutl

Santa's Boyfriend

Won't take part as I'm not very good at doing this stuff, but I think it's a great idea.

Murdo

After the complete humiliation of Wimblemong,

yes please.

ClaudiusMaximus

I remember, in fact I listened back to the tournament not two weeks ago.  If anyone's interested I can upload it somewhere.

I want to play this time, too.

Robot DeNiro

Yes, I'd like to hear the previous tournament if possible.

Does it work exactly like Wimblemong then, i.e. three 'shots' each, each shot being inspired by or sampling the previous one?

Count me in anyway.

ClaudiusMaximus

Audio Tennis 2003, Wimblemong 2004 and Wimblemong 2005 are archived here in .tgz archives of around 20MB per contest:

http://www.auya47.dsl.pipex.com/

hands cold, liver warm

I'll do it

I'm lacking audio inspiration and need a sound kick

Robot DeNiro

Thanks for that ClaudiusMaximus, I enjoyed listening to those.  Who won the final?

Marvin

I'll be up for this once I'm back on my own PC.

hands cold, liver warm

It should be two shots per player, otherwise it'll take forever.

Marvin

Yeah that sounds a good plan.

mrpants

Is it the same as Wimblemong but with songs? Or can you just do audio collage type things?

slim

I want to be muscially adept enough to participate, but I'm not, so I'll just enjoy following the matches. Great thread idea/revival.

Edit: My post count is beautifully pallindromic and sort of not at all symmetrical at the moment: 9669.

butnut

Quote from: "mrpants"Is it the same as Wimblemong but with songs? Or can you just do audio collage type things?

I assuming you can do whatever you like.

I've tried to listen to the old files from the last attempt twice now, but it hasn't let me download the whole thing yet. I'll try again later.

boki

If I remember correctly, the only rules last time were that each 'shot' had to be between 30 and 40 seconds and you had to use something from the previous shot in your return, so you usually ended up with little jingles or audio collages.  It'd be nice if there was something in there to make it flow, but that's all pretty subjective and there'd probably be arguments about whether something did or didn't!  

Veering off-topic a bit, there's been a project done a couple of times on the Planet µ board, where a bunch of people signed up and did a minute and a half each of a mix (sequentially, so that it flowed) - the mixes are available here, if anyone's interested.

Flook

Quote from: "Murdo"After the complete humiliation of Wimblemong,

yes please.

wot he said

I'll have a stab

hands cold, liver warm

hands cold, liver warm

I've edited together all the audio mongs from the last audio tennis tournament. So here they all are in a 22min 30 sec collection. Its starts with the first round matches and ends with the final. I think its a rather ace listen

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NAZL2PZC

although I've called the fiule audio tennis 2004 when infact it was 2003

Tom Tortoise

I'm up for this one...

hands cold, liver warm

problem is that wimblemong is taking ages, if we wait till after that to start audio tennis then the idea will have fizzled out.

I'm keen on starting this quite soon

Marvin

yeah I don't want to draw crowds away from Wimblemong but I'm up for starting anytime from now onwards really.

hands cold, liver warm

thats two. We need at least 8 in total for a decent contest

anyone else want to get this going soon?

LeboviciAB84

Lee

Aye?

Lee
no_offenc
Cack Hen
Boki
Butnut
Jutl
Murdo
ClaudiusMaximus
Robot DeNiro
Hands Cold, Liver Warm
Marvin
Flook
V
Tom Tortoise
LeboviciAB84

That's potentially 15 people. One more, and we're complete!