Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:55:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Your top 10 albums of a particular type of music.

Started by The Plaque Goblin, July 07, 2006, 09:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SagarFish

Quote from: "bomb_dog"Seeing as there seem to be a couple of hip-hop fans here, can someone please explain to me how DJ Shadows 'Entroducing' is classed as hip-hop? It consists almost entirely of cut-and-paste records and samples, and no rapping, which most hip-hop seems to have. I'm probably being a bit naieve here....

Because cutting and pasting and use of samples is integral to proper 'grass roots' hip hop.  

I suggest anyone that wants  to learn about this watches the DVD 'scratch', which is a truly fascinating documentary.

SagarFish

Top 3 Deep/Tech house mix CD's!

1.   Visionaries - Ralph Lawson
2.  Live at the Social - Andy Weatherall
3.  Nite;Life - DJ Rolando

SagarFish

Quote from: "The Boston Crab"Top Ten French House 12" Singles

1. Thomas Bangalter - Spinal Scratch
2. Daft Punk - Da Funk
3. Alan Braxe - Vertigo (Thomas Bangalter Virgo Edit)
4. Thomas Bangalter & DJ Falcon - Together
5. Lifelike - Obsession
6. Le Knight Club - Santa Claus
7. Buffalo Bunch - Buffalo Club
8. Play Paul - Spaced Out
9. Etienne de Crecy & Philippe Zdar - Poisoned
10. Thomas Bangalter - Trax On Da Rocks Vol. 1

Class list but you missed out my personal favourite

Alan Braxe & Fred Falkes - Intro!

Sorry I'm talking to myself here

phantom_power

Quote from: "SagarFish"
Quote from: "bomb_dog"Seeing as there seem to be a couple of hip-hop fans here, can someone please explain to me how DJ Shadows 'Entroducing' is classed as hip-hop? It consists almost entirely of cut-and-paste records and samples, and no rapping, which most hip-hop seems to have. I'm probably being a bit naieve here....

Because cutting and pasting and use of samples is integral to proper 'grass roots' hip hop.  

more to the point, hip hop is a catch-all term for a cultural style that includes rapping, turntablism, graffiti and breakdancing, which are known as the four elements. you don't need to have all four to be classed as hip-hop. dj shadow deals mainly in the second one

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien