Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:39:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Armando Iannucci - Friday Night Armistice (TORRENT)

Started by Neil, March 14, 2004, 02:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

RIght the first ep of series 3 has just been seeded:

http://futurezone.tv/tracker/download.php/1419/Armando%20Iannucci%20-%20Friday%20Night%20Armistice%20301%20-%20cookdandbombd.avi.torrent

Should appear on www.suprnova.org soon.

Please try and leave windows open for a day or two after you've finished downloading.   Thanks to gazzyk1ns for the tape and Steve bass2rez for the soundcard which made this a lot less hassle!  The episode is 244 meg DivX

I found my Le Petomane video this evening so that'll probably be the next thing to torrent, and then more Armistices.

Village Branson

Big thanks for doing this Neil, will seed til it dies on this one, and why not?!

butnut

Great work again Neil. I'm looking forward to this.
I can leave mine running for a day or two I'd think.

Rats

Cheers nelly. I can leech this one and piss off as soon as it's finished.

DuncanC

Wow, fantastic - high-quality Armistice. Cheers to everyone involved!

gazzyk1ns

Swift work Neil, nice. Hehe I notice that this is a Sunday repeat ("last Friday night's armistice" on the titles), I remember having to tape those on a few occasions, I think I got really lucky and grabbed a first showing of one which was edited for the repeat? I really can't remember well so don't get yer hopes up.

Bilko

Brilliant Neil, you know how to spoil us.

I hope you've got the Election 97 one for downloading sometime.

cairnsi

whats the best  bittorrent client?

that torrent already down?

the tracker URL not working just now at 810pm?

Darrell

Quote from: "Peter Hammill"Brilliant Neil, you know how to spoil us.

I hope you've got the Election 97 one for downloading sometime.

AND AN HAT!!!!11

gazzyk1ns

Quote from: "cairnsi"whats the best  bittorrent client?

See the BitTorrent thread in GD

Quotethat torrent already down?

No

Quotethe tracker URL not working just now at 810pm?

Give it 5/10 mins, it always gets it in the end.

2pintz

damn my 56k connection and the firewall at uni... take it no-one wants to host this.... (2pintz gives the computer a nice puppydog smile)

pretty please.....

2pintz
(can only afford dial-up.... and beer...)

cairnsi

>damn my 56k connection and the firewall at uni... take it no-one wants to host >this.... (2pintz gives the computer a nice puppydog smile)

agree but a downsized 70mb version....
come on share it with us dialuppers:-)

ps i know the reaction thats why  the ":-)"

gazzyk1ns

Are you two on some weird dialup ISP which limits your grasp of the English language too?

No, only joking of course. Seriously though, I was on dialup from 1994 up until about 9 months ago, you can still get stuff like this. A firewall is a different matter but then again, the fact you are on dialup doesn't change anything about your firewall. I left a torrent (Quantum Leap on Suprnova) downloading last night and I guess because of my BB connection it downloaded in about 3 hours... but I was asleep for about 10 so if you let it leech overnight then  you'll know no different. If you have a 2hr cutoff I'm sure someone can link you up with some reconnection software. Don't bitch about your bandwidth, especially to us, we all know poeple with connections much faster and much slower than us, we have to adapt.

cairnsi

faster than 3hours for a quantum episode download...  you talking about knowing people at CERN?

gazzyk1ns

CERN? Who are they? Nah I said that because I think it was about 300megs if I remember correctly, and I'm on a 500k connection.

Neil

Someone on the mailing list says the audio is out of sync...FUCK.

2pintz

not bitching about my speed. just that a: I live with 4 girls who do bitch about me on the internet all the time and have been known to disconnect my by cutting wires...
and b i was on campus which has high speed broadband and a cd writter.

out  of interest, how fast would you get a decent bit torrent on dial up? would you get much higher than 6kps?

2pintz

gazzyk1ns

On dialup I never got anything at more than 5.4k a sec.

That reply wasn't meant to sound "harsh", just that now I'm on 500/250k BB I'm now immediately jealous of people on 2MB BB, I can't stand the 4 hour wait every Weds. to torrent the new Enterprise/ER...

butnut

Quote from: "Neil"Someone on the mailing list says the audio is out of sync...FUCK.

Err yes - I found that too. I thought it was just my mac being dodgy - sometimes it happens. But when I ran the programme that usually sorts it out (divx doctor), it remained the same.

Please update if you find anything out.

By the way  - a great show!

bill hicks

Yeah, I just tried it on All Player (with all it's fancy jiggery pokery to sort out synch problems and freezes) and it was ever so slightly out. Probably not worth fucking with though, it's literally miliseconds.

Good work though Neilo. Waiting with bated breath for the next shaft of Armistice loveliness.

Nah, if the audio is out then it needs to be redone - I'm not trying to be a twat (nor, hopefully, succeeding) but just to make sure that these programs are archived at the best possible quality for the future when they've become even rarer than they already are. It would be a shame if, in 20 years, the only copy of Series 3, Episode 1 has fucky audio.

Although I suppose it's possible to split audio and video and resync without the faff of recapturing entirely.

DuncanC

It is possible, yeah - Virtual Dub lets you dump and reinsert the audio track quite easily. I've been using Audacity (simple freeware wav/mp3/ogg editor) to have a go. Inserting 0.032728 seconds of silence at the beginning improves it, but it still isn't quite right and damn near impossible to tell whether the audio is too early or too late when the difference is this tiny...

Bilko

Are you attempting to fix the audio Neil?

I don't want to download anymore of it considering its 244 megs and have to download a differnet version with the audio changed. If you aren't going to change the audio then I'll start downloading again.

Great work though Neil.

Neil

Well someone (TTT) has been decent enough to actually suggest ways I might be going wrong with my capturing, so I'll probably redo it.  I'm going to do 302 once I can make enough space on my hard drive and see if that works alright.

cairnsi

maybe now the time for a downsized encode to be done-      maybe hosted on weekenders webspace? 5 x 38 mbs will fit  onto the space Clinton is on?

TTT

Quote from: "cairnsi"maybe now the time for a downsized encode to be done-      maybe hosted on weekenders webspace? 5 x 38 mbs will fit  onto the space Clinton is on?

Why dont you just accept what you are given, i used to have dialup but i still managed to either download all the stuff linked on here or by trading by post with other members of the forum.

Neil

Yes, now that I have to reencode everything that I spent over a full weekend doing obviously this is the perfect time to make yet more work for myself by encoding two different versions of each file!  Great idea!!!!

I don't know why you're still going on about this, Jigsaw told me over Soulseek that you also pestered him and he was going to do a dial-up version for you.  

Let me get the proper bloody captures done first, eh?

cairnsi

Perhaps you should ask comedy bstard for help - hes done thousands and you seem pretty new to this - what with the colour problem on Clinton and now the sound problem on Armistace - sure hed help you?

cairnsi

how you expect those on dial up to ever send you material to encode when youve got that attitude? why should they-theyd never get to see it

Name of the game is to share and share as wide as possible to get the widest material

cairnsi

AND yes i know the above sounds childish and churlish and pestery

BUT I have become a big Armando fan and am pissed off I cant get to see them and from what  youve indicated wont

Any other artists show like Chris Morris and I wouldnt so interested and let it be as one of those things - however then those fans would be and theyd be pestering you

already someone had asked if you had the election special - fans will be fans