Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:17:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Armando Iannucci - Friday Night Armistice (TORRENT)

Started by Neil, March 14, 2004, 02:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: "cairnsi"Perhaps you should ask comedy bstard for help - hes done thousands and you seem pretty new to this - what with the colour problem on Clinton and now the sound problem on Armistace - sure hed help you?

Doubtful, he's a complete nob who's only interested in promoting his name so he can flog DVD-Rs full of captures.  He even sticks his idents and DOG's on stuff he *hasn't* captured.

how you expect those on dial up to ever send you material to encode when youve got that attitude? why should they-theyd never get to see it

Excuse me, but you've not stopped torturing me about dial-up versions of the files, you've been at me on Soulseek, you've even been asking people like jigsaw, and now you're asking on here too.  Do you think I like having the same person asking me to do the same thing over and over again?  Wouldn't it be better to just let me get on with sorting out decent captures?  

Name of the game is to share and share as wide as possible to get the widest material

The name of the game is to provide decent quality captures and get them spread.  So far two people have asked about dial-up versions...

gazzyk1ns

I still don't see why you can't get these ones, yeah it'll be slower but why can't you just leave it going whilst you're at work/asleep/doing something else?

(EDIT: obviously hit reply at the same time as Neil there)

Neil

Right please test these files and see what the sync is like on them, they've been encoded in different ways that TTT suggested.  I've spent so long looking at this crap that I can't even bloody tell if they're in sync anymore.  Let me know as quickly as possible please.

http://chilled.cream.org/extra/armistice1.avi
http://chilled.cream.org/extra/armistice2.avi
http://chilled.cream.org/extra/armistice3.avi

6 megs each.

bill hicks

All three seem to be very, very slightly out still for me. Although it has occurred to me that Iannucci speaks in a very funny way and maybe it's just his weird lips that make it seem like it;s out.

I still wouldn't bother with it, but others may want perfection.

The second one seems in-synch to me, even on my older, slower machine.

fanny splendid

Number one is quite a way off.

Number two seems to be in sync most of the time.

Number three is just slightly off.

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Neil"Right please test these files and see what the sync is like on them, they've been encoded in different ways that TTT suggested.  I've spent so long looking at this crap that I can't even bloody tell if they're in sync anymore.  Let me know as quickly as possible please.

Neil, are you using a timeline-based editing program to correct the out-of-synchness, or just re-encoding with different settings? If I may suggest running it through Premiere and scanning for a thump of a shout or another sudden noise to use to synch up, it'll make life "easier".

Not THAT much easier though, I had exactly the same problem with the VLS encodes (that I'm doing, damn your eyes!) and it took me a fucking age to get the synch JUST right. I had to use Ken Russell, with tits, jumping up and down to get the correct synch.

If I'm patronising you with info you already know / are doing, then please disregard the above.

Aaaah, what I would have given for a clapperboard.....

Neil

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"Neil, are you using a timeline-based editing program to correct the out-of-synchness, or just re-encoding with different settings? If I may suggest running it through Premiere and scanning for a thump of a shout or another sudden noise to use to synch up, it'll make life "easier".

I was just reencoding with other settings, and I'm confused now as most people say 2 is best, but it's mostly the way I have been using all along!  

I do have Premiere so might have a bash at what you suggest, although the guy on the mailing list said that the sync starts out and then gets worse by the end?!

I'm gonna try encoding straight to divx again in case it's this mjpeg codec I'm using that is causing the sync problems.

jigsaw250

I was just reencoding with other settings, and I'm confused now as most people say 2 is best, but it's mostly the way I have been using all along!  

I had a feeling you'd say that, as it appeared to be similar. As fanny splendid said, 2 appears to be in sync most of the time, and at certain points in your 301 encode it appeared to sync back up. I did wonder if I should bother bringing it up with you, because it didn't seem to be too much of a problem.

fanny splendid

Quote from: "Neil"I do have Premiere so might have a bash at what you suggest, although the guy on the mailing list said that the sync starts out and then gets worse by the end?!

That's how I would describe it. I thought it was okay, then at the end it just goes slightly off, similar to number three. I wasn't sure though, whether that had anything to with the fact that it was the end of the encode?

3-d lobster

Quote from: "Neil"[the guy on the mailing list said that the sync starts out and then gets worse by the end?!

I had a similar problem. If you put the capture into virtauldub, there is an option in frame rate, to correct the frame rate to match the audio lenth(the cap was at 25 fps when it actualy cap 24.95 fps) hope that makes sense.

Neil

Quote from: "3-d lobster"
I had a similar problem. If you put the capture into virtauldub, there is an option in frame rate, to correct the frame rate to match the audio lenth(the cap was at 25 fps when it actualy cap 24.95 fps) hope that makes sense.

It does, kind of.  Can you tell me more please?  Should I be setting the frame rate to 24.95?  Did correcting the frame rate make the file ok for you?  Fuck I dunno, it's all too confusing this, I'm trying to get the latest version of DivX now, I'll give that a bash and see how it looks.

cairnsi

could try sony vegas - because of the sonic foundry sound forge/acid connection the audio abilities are excellent

Darrell

Quote from: "cairnsi, before he edited it,"maybe now the time for a downsized encode to be done- maybe hosted on weekenders webspace? 5 x 38 mbs will fit  onto the space Clinton is on?

He hasn't managed to get the big one right yet, don't be so bloody selfish.

cairnsi

>He hasn't managed to get the big one right yet,

You can correct it yourself dont be lazy sirkibble.All the audios there just whack it into sonic software and sort it.

Hes given you the video and the audio - atleast you got all the data! you just have to get off your arse and work it - thats the data dont work you arse save the money maker for your future

You can use tpmeng to sort the colour in Clinton too-all the datas there

2pintz

QuoteThe name of the game is to provide decent quality captures and get them spread. So far two people have asked about dial-up versions...
just in case that was kinda aimed at me (which i couldn't care less about, i am a student and so get far worst thrown at me...) im now bittorrenting it as we speak... (well, type.  or read... whatever.)

2pintz[/quote]

Darrell

Quote from: "cairnsi"You can correct it yourself dont be lazy sirkibble.

Eh? I'm not downloading it - I have no personal interest in an encoded version! I'm just sticking up for Neil because you keep continually demanding he does unnecessary things for you. Why can't you download the big version and make a small one yourself?

Quote from: "cairnsi"Hes given you the video and the audio, you want him to wipe your arse as well - atleast you got all the data! you just have to get off your arse and work it

I'm not the one pestering Neil for a smaller version here!

Darrell

What in sodomy are you on about?

LEARN TO FUCKING WRITE.

Darrell

Quote from: "cairnsi"1)your not downloading the encode or interested in the file so not going to share it - thats a big fuck off right there

You're suggesting I'm part of some anti-sharing conspiracy all because I'm not downloading the file?! I have a video of it arriving shortly so why would I download it and use disk space up for no reason?

Quote from: "cairnsi"2)my last post was how to fix the 280mb file which I cant even get

Not when you posted it and when I replied to it. Not my fault you can't decide what to post.

Quote from: "cairnsi"3)your post ignored that went back a post and decided lets stir shit here now ive had my daily wank

You are genuinely incomprehensible here.

Quote from: "cairnsi"your cbstard in disguishe admit it

You were praising him before, make your fucking mind up.

Darrell

Darrell

A liar? That was how your post read when I clicked 'Quote'!

Are you incredibly stupid, or just incredibly stupid?

Darrell

Quote from: "cairnsi"look above liar its says edited 1 time LYING CUNT - original post unedited

The firum tells you when you edit a post thickshit

Only if you edit it after somebody has posted after you.

EDIT: DO YOU SEE?

Darrell

Quote from: "cairnsi"you talk shit the post was 5 minutes before you. I know what i posted cunt meister -how to fix the audio FULL STOP

Of course, you edited your post whilst I was replying, though I had already quoted it, you see.

You make me laugh.