Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:11:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"Glastonbury" - Julian Temple - 15th July - BBC2

Started by hamburger3, July 10, 2006, 10:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hamburger3

22:30 - 00.45 - 15th July 2006 - BBC2

Glastonbury

Julien Temple's acclaimed film celebrating and documenting the history of the Glastonbury Festival. Featuring footage captured from 35 years of the festival and performances from David Bowie, Radiohead, Morrissey, Coldplay amongst many others. The film perfectly captures the essence of this unique three-day rollercoaster ride of music, madness and mud.

(Premiere, Widescreen, Subtitles)

Great to check it out before the dvd comes out on the following Monday.

Pathé Distribution Ltd. have announced the UK Region 2 DVD release of Glastonbury for 17th July 2006 priced at £19.99. Glastonbury is a true tribute to the iconic event at Worthy Farm in Somerset that has rocked the world and changed the face of music festivals, as we know them, forever. With footage following the founder of the Glastonbury festival, Michael Eavis, this documentary was conceived by him in 2002. Concerned that the festival might never again enjoy the success from previous years due to problems with licensing and security, Eavis saw this as a possible last chance to record the events of the last 30 years. Enlisting critically acclaimed director Julian Temple (Absolute Beginners, The Filth & The Fury) they appealed to anybody with footage of the festival to come forward and contribute.

Over 700 hours of film were supplied, both amateur and professional, shot over the 35 year history of the festival, with the result skilfully chronicling the evolution of the longest running music festival in the world! Personal archive footage from festival-goers is stunningly interwoven with stirring performances from some of the world's best loved musical acts including the legendary Morrissey and David Bowie to the more contemporary Coldplay, Faithless and Bjork.

The 2-disc DVD introduces exclusive special features including never-before-seen uncut tracks from over 10 acts, interviews with Michael Eavis, festival goers and celebrity fans including James Brown, Noel Gallagher and the late John Peel. Deleted sequences and the innovative interactive shuffle track function, allowing you to re-edit the feature film.

Presented with DD5.1 Surround audio and optional English subtitles the special features break down like so...

Disc 1:
Interactive shuffle track feature: re-edit the film to create your own festival
Commentary by Julian Temple (Director) and Jarvis Cocker

Disc 2:
Uncut Tracks. Full performances from:
Foo Fighters
Fun Lovin' Criminals
Goldfrapp
Kaiser Chiefs
Nick Cave
Paul McCartney
Radiohead
R.E.M
The White Stripes
The Killers
Interviews with:
Michael Eavis, Festival Founder
James Brown
Coldplay
Noel Gallagher
The Dandy Warhols
Moby
John Peel
Festival Goers
Deleted sequences:
Glastonbury Ceremony
The Stone Circle
'Freeing The Spirit: Glastonbury 1999' Featurette

LeboviciAB84

chand

Good to see they've captured the full spirit of Glastonbury's amazing musical diversity:

QuoteDisc 2:
Uncut Tracks. Full performances from:
Foo Fighters
Fun Lovin' Criminals
Goldfrapp
Kaiser Chiefs
Nick Cave
Paul McCartney
Radiohead
R.E.M
The White Stripes
The Killers

This is a great turn of phrase too:

Quoteover 10 acts

fanny splendid

slim

I'll be happy to watch it to fill the Glastonbury shaped hole in my life this summer but I concur with the criticism of the scope of the music. Boooooo, I say. Boooooo.

kjkinky

Admittedly a bit sparse on the diversity...but I do remember some of those great performances...the pile of coke scene from scarface that Huey did in the set (unlikely to be on the dvd though), singing along at top of my voice (I can't sing for shit) and dancing with random group of strangers to REM - It's The End of the world because I had wandered off after doing some pink champagne speed and then wandering around till 4 in morning trying to find friends and they had gone to bed, The very sexy lady Goldfrapp with a horses tail (glad I wasn't doing drugs that night...or was I??), the drunken Kaiser Chief Kaiser drunkedly pulling a very large Dinosaur onto the stage (I am sure I wasn't on drugs then), the Foos Kaiser commanding the stage (ok I was drunk then so he may not have been) and doing a damn fine rock set, Radiohead doing one of the best gigs I have ever seen, I sadly missed the White Stripes first time around and the same goes for Nick cave and was gutted...strangely the opposite goes for Sir Paul of McCartney who i avoided like the plague...

not really a comment just a share of some great glasto moments from some of the bands mentioned in the list...

ps I liked the Killers but didn't want to admit to that...