Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:38:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Youtube Thread - SE Edition

Started by Robot Devil, July 18, 2006, 01:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty Gozongas

Page 7 still appears to be a bit of a cow here. Thanks for looking into that TJ.

Seasons greetings &etc.

Spiteface

Ramones - Merry Christmas (I Don't Want To Fight Tonight)

Dusty Gozongas

Day-um, girl!

Makes more sense than any white boy singing it.

Dusty Gozongas

I do believe there is a scene starting...

Circulus - My Body is Made of Sunlight.

Dusty Gozongas

Queens Of Noize 'Indie Boys Don't Deserve It' Promo Video

biniput

Revolver,  Elvis Costello.

2 good performances,  a bit of peter and a great crowd reaction to his request.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

rudi

It's, erm, well, it's Arachnotaur.

They're a bit loud live, but you tend to be entirely missing the crushing bass noise on You Tube (there's a keyboard type thing hidden somewhere there), oddly enough...

The first clip's a bit hard work, but I guess that's the point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um2jAtaWjao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1VNpG3k2fw&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed12aHfXgqw&mode=related&search=

"Enjoy".

Spiteface

samadriel

It says 'You do not own this playlist'.  Which is true, but also gets in the way of me viewing it.

So -- MBV!  ...Muided By Voices?...

rudi

Assuming you're not kidding: My Bloody Valentine.

Pointer Sisters/Sesame Street - Pinball Number Count (DJ Food Re-Edit).

Learning to count to 12 never sounded so damn sexy.

And as a brucie bonus, here's the slightly out-of-tune dubbed version for Dutch TV.  (They lose the tune completely at about 0:26 seconds in!).

Glebe

Christopher Lee interviewed about his recent album, Revelations:

Spiteface

A small clip of the Manics playing "Archives of Pain" live:

I loved this version when I saw them live in swansea - I like the solo intro by Bradders before the rest of the band kicks in...

Here's a new Manics song "I'm Just a Patsy":

Like a rockier "Everything Must Go"-era track.  I'm seeing them in Cardiff in May and I cannot wait!

One last one video from me for now:

Fleeting Joys - The Breakup

They sound so much like MBV it freaks me out a little - the guitarist even does Kevin Shields tremolo arm trick!  Good album though.

El Unicornio, mang

I'm sure everyone's seen it, but I'm posting it because they won the Grammy for best video, a gem amongst all the shit (Dixie Chicks won best album, for fucks sake)

Dusty Gozongas

Black Sabbath - War Pigs (Live in Paris - 1970)

Undeniably fanfuckingtastic..

Quote from: "Beep Cleep Chimney"Pointer Sisters/Sesame Street - Pinball Number Count

When it was part of the original broadcasts, was this the bit where at various points the song wouls stop and cut to live action and someone would say something like 'Six spooky spiders' and they'd count them?  

You know what I mean - the last bit was always that waiter tumbling down some stairs while carrying lots of desserts.  For some bizarre reason, people think I might be making this up and I want to see it again but haven't found it.

Dusty Gozongas

Lolzz!!11 I've still got a copy of this on a vhs tape somewhere.

The tape had two videos. One was by the band I was in and was filmed at Fountains Abbey. This one was a side-project by the keyboarist and an interloper (heheh. sorry Jeff, if you read that. I didn't mean it) and was filmed over the road from here at the cemetery.

I look so young..  hmmm... must've been around 1990ish or whenever it was that the good acid was dirt cheap.  But I've already said too much.

Ladies and Gentlemen I bring you Headsquirt by Grunt.

Dusty Gozongas

The seance could come back into fashion...

Dusty Gozongas

Asylum Street Spankers  - Stick Magnetic Ribbons on Your SUV

Quote from: "trotsky assortment"
Quote from: "Beep Cleep Chimney"Pointer Sisters/Sesame Street - Pinball Number Count

When it was part of the original broadcasts, was this the bit where at various points the song wouls stop and cut to live action and someone would say something like 'Six spooky spiders' and they'd count them?  

You know what I mean - the last bit was always that waiter tumbling down some stairs while carrying lots of desserts.  For some bizarre reason, people think I might be making this up and I want to see it again but haven't found it.

I do vaguely recall the bit you're referring to, trotsky, but I'm sure that it wasn't part of the pinball animation.  This just played straight through.

daisy11

daisy11

I absolutely adore his voice and lyrics in 'Police and Thieves'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19dP84Q4Qus

That's my last one!  Youtube is so addictive and sadly, too time-consuming.

buttgammon

Quote from: "daisy11"I absolutely adore his voice and lyrics in 'Police and Thieves'

Junior Murvin's original is miles better than The Clash's cover (which I do quite like). He's got such an unusual voice, but not in a bad way. It's heavenly! I think it's one of my favourite reggae songs.

daisy11

Quote from: "buttgammon"
Quote from: "daisy11"I absolutely adore his voice and lyrics in 'Police and Thieves'

Junior Murvin's original is miles better than The Clash's cover (which I do quite like). He's got such an unusual voice, but not in a bad way. It's heavenly! I think it's one of my favourite reggae songs.

Completely agree with you, but I do admire the principle of The Clash increasing the popularity of a black, political reggae song by covering it, and thus ensuring it reached a predominately white audience.

Rubbish Monkey

Quote from: "Rubbish Monkey"I just enjoyed this muchly.... Focus-Hocus Pocus
Heh, fantastic! That's some performance.

I wonder if they were an influence on Mr Bungle?

djtrees

The marvellous and fantastic a.P.A.t.T. with an equally marvellous Stan Ambrose