Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:52:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Youtube Thread - SE Edition

Started by Robot Devil, July 18, 2006, 01:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viero_Berlotti

Somebody mentioned in another thread something about Gary Numan's career taking a nosedive because he became obsessed with sounding 'funky' and it reminded me of this brilliant track he produced for Nicky Robson.

Stars Extended 12-inch Version - Nicky Robson ( Produced by Gary Numan )

Johnny Townmouse

From the upcoming new album by Tindersticks, a track about Peanuts:

Peanuts by Tindersticks

thugler

Quote from: PaulTMA on August 07, 2009, 12:59:17 PM
Rick Wakeman's 'I'm So Straight I'm A Weirdo'

A song that has haunted me since Trevor & Simon put it into Room 101 some 16 years ago.  Little did I know that it boasted what may be the greatest music video of all time, especially the spellbinding first chorus sequence.  Keep an eye out for Boy George and Steve Strange.

You can't get it out of your head.  Oh no.

parts of it sound a lot like cardiacs

sirhenry

Just came across a video clip that has haunted me for decades. Shot 9 days before Marc Bolan's death, it was the last song on his series Marc. The reason Bowie starts laughing at the end is because Bolan fell off the stage. The original lasts about 15-20 seconds longer, with the camera panning back to show the two of them creasing up, having given up on the song entirely. A fitting final song, somehow.

Hank_Kingsley

_Hypnotoad_

Not Youtube, as they remove the sound from this video, but I felt I had to share this just to make it real as I was up all night ill going through the Sky planner and thought I dreamt this whilst delirious, but no, it's as real as the Eno documentary that introduced me to it.

Devo - Jocko Homo

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=395586

Jemble Fred

On a bit of a Dury kick at the moment, as is to be expected, and found this documentary from 1982 which is well worth a watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PcZmL1wdaE&feature=fvw

Especially if you've seen the movie, as some scenes and even the whole focus of the film's end are directly based on this. I'd never seen it before.

TotalMink

QuoteOn a bit of a Dury kick at the moment

ive just watched all of this - absolutely amazing thank you

Spiteface

Ray & Anita - In Da Name Of Love [OFFICIAL VIDEO]

Yes, Ray & Anita, the people formerly known as 2 Unlimited.  Didn't quite see a new single coming out of last year's reunion though.  Might be longer term as well, health permitting - it was announced that Anita has breast cancer last month.

Jemble Fred

I really wish I could do this:
Dave Allen at Large Theme Song

What do you wish YOU could do?

ThickAndCreamy

Lil' Jon is just beyond parody now isn't he? I mean... fucking hell that video just blows destroys my mind. It's insane.

Also, shine is absolutely fantastic, I especially love the rubbish, gormless guitarist who is attempting to look cool and failing miserably.

chand

CaledonianGonzo

Ukranian folk minstrels Los Colorados cover Katy Perry:

Los Colorados Hot & cold

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Natnar

These two come under the umbrella of "Nice Song But What The Hell Is Going On In The Background"
Hazel O'Connor - D Days

Judie Tzuke - Stay With Me Till Dawn

chand

Had this 1994 tune by dirty Dischord sellouts Jawbox inexplicably caught in my head for the past few days since re-hearing it through the Deftones/Far cover it. It doesn't really have a chorus or anything but there's something indefinably awesome about it:

Jawbox - Savory

Gradual Decline

boxofslice

Rather enjoyed this, it's a Motownesque cover of Wilco's I Am Trying To Break Your Heart.

"I Am Trying To Break Your Heart" [Wilco] by JC Brooks & the Uptown Sound - VIDEO

peet

Quote from: Pseudopath on April 14, 2010, 09:47:14 PM
This is quite an enjoyable cover:

Lady Gaga Telephone

Nice, I'd just come here to post those people... generally awesome

Michael Jackson - Beat It

edit: they are just disgusting shills for The Man.

Jack & Nataly Pitch MUSICIANS WANTED!!!

Spiteface

It is wrong that i think this version is an improvement over the original?

Shakira Featuring Danzig "Hips Don't Lie"

I think a lot of songs could be improved by adding Danzig, like putting a bangin' DONK on it.

chand

Guy

NoSleep

Both appalling and amazing in equal doses; The Vanilla Fudge on Ed Sullivan in 1968. The band go bananas in attempt to win us over. Is it possible to try too hard?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6258490994051972937#

PaulTMA

Enchanting track with haunting, if increasingly disturbing lyrics, found on a 1993 Royal Bank Of Scotland cassette featuring demos of bands recorded at Edinburgh's Jewel And Esk Valley College. Little is known about the composer, the inlay card features no tracklisting or artist credits, though a brief introduction is given at the start of the cassette - although it doesn't appear to be consistent with the actual running order.

'DANCE WITH ME' - mystery song - by Magic Bus (?)

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I was going to send this to The Boston Crab in the Basic Channel thread, but I've decided everyone should listen instead:

Thomas Fehlmann - Falling Into Your Eyes

Thomas Fehlmann with one of those hair-standing-on-the-back-of-your-neck pieces of music. Everything around you seems to melt away, it really focuses you in. More understated drama is to be found on his new album Gute Luft, which you should get. It's just so wonderful.