Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:21:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Youtube Thread - SE Edition

Started by Robot Devil, July 18, 2006, 01:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sore bottom mum

There's loads of great Kraftwerk on YouTube. Here's a flute-happy 1973 performance:

lazyhour

Quote from: "Suttonpubcrawl"CSS - Let's make love and listen to Death From Above

I'm really enjoying this for some reason.

Hey, that's quite good.  I am jiggling a bit over here.

Ciarán2

Re: Kraftwerk ^^ Is that Wolfgang Flur or John Oates? ;-) Thanks for posting this!

Glebe

quadraspazzed

quadraspazzed

Quote from: "Garfield And Friends"Clell Tickle: Indie Music Marketing Guru!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD6bI7ziGPk&NR

This is great. Nice find.

"I will come to your house and kill your dog. If you don't have a dog, I'll hurt the weakest member of your family"

chand

Smashing Pumpkins - 'Fuck You (An Ode To No-One)' live at the Chicago Metro

Was just watching this again, I have it on the DVD, it's a brutal performance, Chamberlin goes wild on the drums.

Whirlybird

Buddy Rich VS Animal!  Heh, I burst out laughing when they showed a shot of Animal with his jaw hanging somewhere round the vicinity of his nipples, as I was pulling the exact same expression:

Some great tricks:

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: "Suttonpubcrawl"CSS - Let's make love and listen to Death From Above

I'm really enjoying this for some reason.

I saw them supporting Ladytron the other week and the singer kept pulling her pants down and turning round to show her bum (she was wearing an old 80s granny bathing suit, thankfully)

TV on the Radio - Wolf Like Me

Huzzie

Whirlybird, I would just like to thankyou for the Buddy Rich vids above. hey are all fucking fantastic!

I went to my old mans to show him as he is a drummer himself and has been a massive BR fan since he was young (Gene Krupa (spelling?) is his all time fav) and he was really touched by the sheer genius of the guy, lump in throat time for him, so I would like to thankyou for that!

Also, as a further thankyou I would like to have a word with you about Beefheart. I may have something for you. I am going to bed now but if you could please send me a private message when you get a chance I would be grateful, due to my horrific memory (me and my doc have actually decided it needs to be seriously looked into now) I am going to forget all about this in an houir or so, that is why it would be better if you could pm me.

I take it you are a drummer yourself (you are obviously a musician of some sort, that is obvious after reading a few of your posts). If you are a drummer could you tell me how hard exactly would the BR stuff be to pull off? I mean, how close could you get? How would the best Rock'n'Roll drummers get on, I mean Bonham, Grohl, Moon, OK, completely different styles, I know but how close could they get to doing this?

Sorry about how badly this post has turned out, I know it reads like the rambling of a drugged horse(c CM), you can probably tell I have had a few but I think you can see what I am trying to ask.

Thanks again senor!

Ciarán2

My Favourite Group: Saint Etienne.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

James- Sit Down - Original 1989 Rough Trade version.

Much less 'anthemic' in terms of production- the sound is really clean. I'm not sure quite which version this is in the dozens they've done but its one of the early ones.

I'm sure they'd probably cringe watching their earnest selves on that video, but the song at that point was honest and dare I say it, touching.

See for yourselves I guess...

James- Sit Down- Massive No-Holds-Barred Masturbatory Anthem Classic version

http://youtube.com/watch?v=orLpZxEd24Y

How the band 'Goblin', the Italian horror soundtrack maestros, aided the composition of their music.

Morrisfan82

DJ Shortkut beat-juggling with two copies of Beatbox by Art Of Noise (from 1'40" onwards):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxlLBg_OvIw

Ciarán2

Stock Aitken Waterman documentary clip, with contributions from Kylie, Nile Rogers and Holly Johnson.

Spiteface

Some early verve (i.e. when they were good) for you all:

South Pacific:

This was not released officially, I want to track down the "Voyager 1" bootleg  just for this song.

All in the Mind:

She's a Superstar:

I just listen to this and wonder whether or not Richard Ashcroft was actually asassinated in the mid-late 90's and replaced with a robot.

(edited to avoid potential rule-breaking)

Bert Thung

"The" Led Zeppelin interviewed by Bob Wellings on Nationwide (1970)

John Bonham refusing to be interviewed by Billy Connolly (1980)

Orias

Documentary made in 1975 on the making of Mike Oldfield's Ommadawn, seemingly made and narrated by Richard Branson (2 parts).

Frinky

Hives live medly. Saul Williams, the White Stripes, Compulsive Gamblers... (found by a mate)

Brutus Beefcake

How many songs can you murder in ten minutes?

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Really cool video of some TV show with a song featuring the best of early 90s East Coast hip hop like A Tribe Called Quest, Das Efx, Wu Tang, Gangstarr, CL Smooth, Krs One et al.

Sulphagne

Some kind soul by the name of JahPunk has signed up and provided a bunch of great (and seemingly rather rare) videos from the late 70s / early 80s. Particularly notable is this incredible nine-minute animated promo for Kraftwerk's "Autobahn":

Not to mention:

The Fall - Psycho Mafia / Industrial Estate (1978)
Magazine - Motorcade (1977)
Basically the most Moog-tastic beer advert we're ever likely to see

Oh, and interviews and performances from a whole bunch of dub reggae luminaries on the last couple of pages, it seems. And it all showed up just this week! Cor!

goliath

Lou Reed, John Cale & Nico - Femme Fatale
Bataclan Club, Paris. January 29th 1972.

Spiteface

I wasn't aware this atrocity existed until a couple of years ago

As a kid, not knowing any better, I loved 2 unlimited.  A few years ago, I went on a school trip to france.  The hotel we were all staying in had MTV, I swtched it on expecting shite (as you do from european music channels), and this monfuckingstrocity assulted my senses.

"2 Unlimited" - The Edge of Heaven

I have elected not to embed this for reasons that will be apparent if you do click on it.  " Unlimited, but with No Ray or Anita????  Blasphemy!

columbay

Bizarre Panamanian (?) rap video.

Apologies if already posted.

Whirlybird

Only just noticed your post there Huzzie, glad you and yer da enjoyed the Buddy Rich.  He looks quite cocky in the vid where he's playing with the young 'uns, but hey, with that much talent you can afford to be.  There's also a clip of him playing on the walls and stuff behind the stages at The Muppets Show, don't think I linked that one but it's definitely on YouTube.

Coo...the guts of the Travelling Wilburys meet The Byrds and Neil Young:

QuoteAt Bob Dylan's 30th Anniversary show at Madison Square Garden on October 16, 1992. Bob is joined by Roger McGuinn (The Byrds), Tom Petty, George Harrison, Eric Clapton, and, most importantly, Neil Young.

Here's the Django Reinhardt vid I put in the 1000 singles thread there, I've never seen it in such great quality before.  And man, that run he starts around the 2:45 mark...

Christ, never seen this before, 1937:

Huzzie

Whirlybird. You are currenlt my favorite posted and I only remember 2 (including this one) posts you have made.

What fingers did Django have missing? It is hard to see on that vid.

That run he does in the 10th/11th minute, though not all that hard to do, looks so effortless and sounds so smooth when he plays it, plus the restricting guitar he is using, PLUS the two fingers he has missing (which you STILL haven't answered me about!!!)!

EDIT: WOWZERS! That really is fucking magical! I had only seen the first like 30seconds before I wrote the above message (idiot that I am) but watching it now, I am really taken aback by the style and beauty! It seems to be his little finger (why have Brits suddenly started saying "pinky?" and the finger next to that on his left that are missing... even more stunning then.)

EDIT: Watch frames from 2 minutes 52 seconds.

Whirlybird

Yeah, 2:52 is the exact bit I meant, too.  Aye, it's his little finger and ring finger that were paralysed, and he also had to use a cane to get around from then on too.  His gypsy caravan had went up in smoke when he knocked over a candle on the way to bed, and him and his wife were pulled out by neighbours.

Dunno if you caught these last time I posted them, but I do think you might really enjoy them.  I posted more vids, and more about them, in this thread, but here are the main two that really tickled me.  Some great guitar playing in this first one:

Ciarán2

Quote from: "Spiteface"I wasn't aware this atrocity existed until a couple of years ago"2 Unlimited" - The Edge of Heaven

There's nothing wrong with " 2 Unlimited.

QuoteUnlimited, but with No Ray or Anita????  Blasphemy!

Well alright then.