Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:39:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

See ya, bye! (x23)

Started by 23 Daves, March 14, 2004, 02:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

23 Daves

I know self-indulgent messages of this nature are frowned upon by some people here, but the only reason I'm saying this is because the last time I slipped offline for awhile I got quite few e-mails, comments online and PMs asking where I was, if I'd gone away because of a 'row' with someone on here, etc. etc (you can guess it all for yourself).  So I'm just trying to counter that this time around.

Anyway, just to make it clear this time - I'm catching a plane to Melbourne tomorrow (a 28 hour flight) and I doubt I'll have proper Internet access again for awhile.  And, to quote Alan Partridge in part, if I find myself travelling and leaving comments on this forum through Internet Cafes, I'll be a 'pretty sorry individual'.  I might be back as soon as I have proper accommodation set up, though, or a job I can't stand with time to waste.

In the meantime, bye.  Don't all kill each other while I'm gone, and go easy on the threads about masturbation.

DonkeyRods

Have fun, sounds like you will! Australia is a great place to live, so I've been told.

Right, I'm off for a wank

mr rou-rou

is that a celebratory wank, waving Dave off on his journey, sicko

You've confused me Dave, are you emigrating to Oz or off on a visa, plus I read ages ago your rant about Aussies, or was that just Aussies over here?

Anyhoo, no doubt you'll have a fantastic time, it's a beautiful place and Melbourne is very nice, beaten only by Sydney, obviously.

Watch your delicate blighty skin, buy a wide brim hat for the desert, always knock your postbox before putting your hand in there, calamari and chips with Thai dipping sauce, yum, same goes for their fantastic pies.

Lucky lucky person

Gazeuse

Good luck Daves...Please go to the Percy Grainger Museum for me!!!

TraceyQ

Big kiss and a hug and make sure you come back in one piece!

(I'm jealous, you'll love it)

Dr David V

Bye bye, say hello to Steve Irwin for me.

Rats

Have a nice time David, we'll keep your seat warm.

Marcus Or Relius

Can't you leave a few of yourselves behind? Just 20 can go to Oz and 3 can remain in Ol' Blighty.

Take care anyway. If you hitch any lifts from Australians, avoid getting a lift with a serial killer. You can tell them because they tend to be quiet, keep themselves-to-themselves and often have bloodsplattered chainsaws on the back seat.

Lt Plonker

See you all around, sirs.

23 Daves

Quote from: "mr rou-rou"is that a celebratory wank, waving Dave off on his journey, sicko

You've confused me Dave, are you emigrating to Oz or off on a visa, plus I read ages ago your rant about Aussies, or was that just Aussies over here?

I'm off on a working visa.  So it lasts for one year, and I can only legally work 3 months or so for any one company, though fortunately I have some savings to counter any problems that might occur as a result.  Well, bits of savings and some pension savings I'm actually not supposed to touch if I can possibly avoid it.

As for rants about Aussies, I don't think they were ever meant to be taken 100% seriously.  There is a particular breed of Queensland Aussie I find irritating, but everyone I've ever met from Melbourne (where I'm going) has been sound.  And they have festivals there (comedy, music, art, literature) just about every month, which was a large part of its appeal as a destination.

I could also go on the usual rant about how England is much more expensive at the moment too, and how my job was shit, and my girlfriend's British visa had expired (but she didn't want to return to Canada yet), so there were precious few reasons for me to stay in this country anyway, but that's all by the by.

Cerys

Whinging bloody Poms....

Have a good time!  We'll be expecting photographic evidence of your exploits, you realise.

mr rou-rou

looks like Dave's blogging if you check out his weblink, so we can expect some photos maybe, all thongs and sandy bums :)

terminallyrelaxed

He'll be back. They always come back. They can't help themselves! Mwahahahahahahahaaa......aaha...ha.

Have a brilliant time Daves. I am self-harmingly jealous, you nearly-two-dozen bastards you.

Hairy Chin

Uncle_Z

Still Not George

Tatty bye then, Dave, Dave, Dave, Dave, Dave, Dave, Dave, Dave, Dave, Dave, Dave, Dave, Dave, Dave, Dave and Dave.
Dave, Dave, Dave, Dave and Dave I'm not entirely fussed about, of course, and frankly Dave and Dave can fuck off and good riddance too.

Enjoy Oz, and remember, it's not swelteringly hot and unpleasant, it's character building.

Darrell

Bye Daves, yer a good un.

wasp_f15ting

Nick as much as those free cheap wines as possible from the drink cart!

Have a good time :)

Silver SurferGhost

Cancel those travel plans Daves, I was just about to let you know I'd finally got that second Rubble box set,
and I wanted someone to witter on about obscure 60's bands with!

Cheerio but be back soon, cos you don't know how we'll miss yer, etc (x23).

smoker

Johnny Yesno

23 byes. Sorry I didn't make it to any of the meets you were at. Hohum!

Jet Set Willy

Say hi to dexter for me.

Rubbish Monkey

Have a great time cobber, throw plenty of shrimp on the barbie have a pearler of a time down under with the skippys.

(I knew watching Neighbours and Home and Away twice a day for 4 or 5 years would come in useful one day)

its helped me talk bollocks

petercussing

Don't get mixamatosis! You'll get runny eyes.

I remember i did this when i went to China. It made me feel like a real 'big man.'

And loved.

Bye!

Spaced Cadet

Make sure you come back 23 - like a boomerang and don't get stuck out there - like a joey in a tight pouch.

Oh fuck it, he's gone and he's never going to read this anyway.

A Passing Turk Slipper

Bye 23 Daves, I hope you enjoy your travels.

Abbie

Is everyone one off on hols or what? Tony Peanuts sent me a PM the other day informing me that he is in Honolulu, the bastard.

Anyways, all the best Daves.  Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to find out if "Rack off you Dag" is a genuine Aussie saying or just made up for our amusement.

Blue Jam

I've enjoyed chatting to all 23 of you here, and I'll miss you all. Goodbye Daves, and good luck ;)

Timmay

hencole

All the best Dave. May you discover many new and exotic biscuits on your travels.