Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:48:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Innuendo Rainbow

Started by @ssmaster, March 14, 2004, 04:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@ssmaster

Does anyone know if this was for real or did they do it as a send up?

http://www.kontraband.com/html/top_ten/movie.asp?ID=1159

I cannot be for real can it? Our parents cannot of been that naive could they?

Rubbish Monkey

from here

QuoteWe're often asked about the so called rude Rainbow, clips of which have been shown on the Channel Four programmes, TV Unzipped and TV Offal. Although often introduced as the unaired pilot, this episode was actually specially made by the team at Thames Television. Geoffrey Hayes told us, "The VT department of each ITV company, every Christmas had a competition to enter all the outtakes from their particular companies programme out put, and see which ones were the funniest. But ours wasn't an outtake, we specially did it. It was specially scripted and we did it and I never saw it! We did it and Thames won it, but what they actually won, I don't know. But I never saw the video. I can't remember much about it except for Zippy with a banana." The script was written by the voice of Zippy and George; Roy Skelton. Sadly, we don't have a copy, so don't ask!!

Ambient Sheep

Or indeed from here.

But thanks for the link, Rubbish Monkey, lovely to know it was Roy Skelton (also the lead Dalek voice) who wrote it!!

@ssmaster

Ahh thanks people. Very funny it was too.

weirdbeard

And buried in this clip (1:47 to be exact) is the Rainbow gang singing "The big dick song".  Which has absolutely nothing to do with picnics...

http://rapidshare.de/files/2119442/1983-03-02_-_Rainbow___Adverts.rm.html

dan dirty ape

'Big dick song' aside, that download is chock full of Proustian rushes. That Humpty Dumpty thing and the Pam Ayres advert seemed so immediately familiar. I started hoping for that weird old Kinder advert with the jive-talking human egg to crop up, but you can't have everything...

JesusAndYourBush

That rainbow clip is often passed off as either being the unaired pilot, or broadcast one lunchtime to millions of shocked children, or whatever, but as has already been said, it's some specially shot material for the Xmas tape.
There's a second rude rainbow clip featuring Jim Davidson & Tommy Boyd, where Zippy says something about "the fucking garden of Eden" which was recorded during a rehearsal for a Royal Variety Show, also for inclusion on a Xmas tape.