Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:44:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The SE Lyric Quiz

Started by Vermschneid Mehearties, February 03, 2004, 08:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vermschneid Mehearties

Like the Chuckle Reich's quiz, but about lyrics. Start off a sentence or series of sentences from some music or other , and the 'whores have to reply with the ending, and start one themselves.

Don't make it ridiculously hard, for instance, using music by artists only you, your mate, and a canadian stockbroker have ever heard of. But then don't make it ridiculously easy, or it won't be fun. Use your judgement. I trust you.

I'll start with a lovely easy one that you'll snap up nicely:

"Don't tell me it's not worth fightin' for.
I can't help it - there's nothin' I want more."

TraceyQ

Quote from: "Vermschneid Mehearties""Don't tell me it's not worth fightin' for.
I can't help it - there's nothin' I want more."

Hahahahaha. That's the best you could do? Bryan Adams. Everything I do (I do it for you)

The theme tune of my first backpacking trip to france, that was. Well, it was number one all the time I was there.

Anyway:

"I've been working on a piece that speaks of sex and desperation, I've been screwing on the tracks of abandoned train stations, 1, 2, 3, 4.."

Vermschneid Mehearties

Sorry WRONG.

EDIT- Should have elaborated. I was just being petulant after you were being all mean.

I'm not asking for who it's by, I'm asking for the end to the lyrics. And I did say I'd start with an easy one, If I start with a difficult one (which I could) then not you or anyone would bother with it. Ok?

yndihalda

doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo artstar by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Gamma Ray

Quote from: "TraceyQ"
"I've been working on a piece that speaks of sex and desperation, I've been screwing on the tracks of abandoned train stations, 1, 2, 3, 4.."

"One, two, three, four
Art Star
I got a deal in Tokyo
I got a rep in France
I got a agent in Rome
Shit i got a gallery in New York!
Its a mad house this modern life
Its a mad house my faithless bride
Art Star"

Not bad for a track I've never heard. Still, before this all falls apart ...

"So you been to school for a year or two
And you know you've seen it all"

no_offenc

That'd be Holiday In Cambodia by Dead Kennedys, fine sir.

Have one -

Nothing breeds more contempt for this world
Than memories now formed
Every moment a new seed
Is grown to no reason, the trouble unfolds
For the trials of today
I'm no jury, really don't care how you feel
The pleasant notion of miraculous change
Drifts into multiple jeers

butnut

If you want to cheat, this game's really easy. Just copy the lyrics into your friendly search engine, and hey presto, the answer(unless they're a really unknown band). But that's not really in the spirit of things, is it? I just got the answer to the last one, who turn out to be a band I've never heard of. But I decided rather than to cheat, I'd just let you get on with it. Right, now on with the game

Vermschneid Mehearties

Grrr. End the Lyrics, and then say who its by.

Re-butnut. Adhere to what he says. That was an oversight...

TraceyQ

Quote from: "butnut"If you want to cheat, this game's really easy. Just copy the lyrics into your friendly search engine, and hey presto, the answer(unless they're a really unknown band). But that's not really in the spirit of things, is it? I just got the answer to the last one, who turn out to be a band I've never heard of. But I decided rather than to cheat, I'd just let you get on with it. Right, now on with the game

I thought all that thing too, but thought it best not to spoil Vermy's game. He may jusy take his ball back.

Vermschneid Mehearties

QuoteNothing breeds more contempt for this world
Than memories now formed
Every moment a new seed
Is grown to no reason, the trouble unfolds
For the trials of today
I'm no jury, really don't care how you feel
The pleasant notion of miraculous change
Drifts into multiple jeers

That's the latest one folks.

TOCMFIC

I looked it up in Google, but feel all dirty for cheating so won't post it...

Dr David V

Prong - Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck

QuoteIf you believe the Western star is falling down on everyone

weekender

So someone posts some lyrics that they've found on Google, and we have to find the link that they found so that we can post up the corresponding lyrics?

Dr David V

Eep, I hope I haven't confused anyone. That thing I put in quotes is a completely different lyric to guess.

no_offenc

Quote from: "weekender"So someone posts some lyrics that they've found on Google, and we have to find the link that they found so that we can post up the corresponding lyrics?

Weekender - pissing on the chips of the weak and imbecilic since he was fucking conceived

*cheesier-than-stilton-grin*

weekender

Quote from: "no_offenc"Weekender - pissing on the chips of the weak and imbecilic since he was fucking conceived

You forgot 'the stupid', and 'the twats'.

Spaced Cadet

"Living in lies by the railway lines, pushing the hair from my eyes, Elvis is English and climbs the hills, can't tell the bullshit from the lies."

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: "Spaced Cadet""Living in lies by the railway lines, pushing the hair from my eyes, Elvis is English and climbs the hills, can't tell the bullshit from the lies."

That's a Bowie song. Buddha of Suburbia?

Gamma Ray

Quote from: "The Culture Bunker""Living in lies by the railway lines, pushing the hair from my eyes, Elvis is English and climbs the hills, can't tell the bullshit from the lies."

Quote from: "Spaced Cadet"That's a Bowie song. Buddha of Suburbia?

Quite right ...

Quote"Screaming along in South London/Vicious but ready to learn/Sometimes I fear that the whole world is queer/Sometimes but always in vain"

So I'll choose for you, a topical one ...

Quote"Stuck here out of gas/Out here on the Gaza Strip/From driving in too fast/Let's ride the Tiger ..."

Dirty Boy

"Nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah RIVER EUPHRATES!!! nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah..."

Is what it sounds like to me.It's Pixies btw