Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,186
  • Total Topics: 106,349
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:42:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Funny Wikipedia lines

Started by Carlos Tevez, August 02, 2006, 02:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brutus Beefcake

And none of them managed to spell "paedophile" correctly.

Why I Hate Tables

On the actor Ray Wise

After the end of the 5th season of 24, it seems likely Ray will reprise his role of Hal Gardner for the 6th season.

He is also the president of America

But you've just put that in yourself, haven't you?

cleverjake

This just made me laugh though I'm not sure why exactly.

On the page about France:

QuoteFrance is home to the international cycling competion Le Tour de France.

Custard

Oh my, this thread makes me cackle out loud. Wonderful.

SOTS

Oh, I want to add some! What articles could I do? I've found my large collection of headsets which I could use for such a purpose.

I've always loved Wikipedia's formal tone, even when talking about stupid things like cartoons. I've already recorded me saying what they say about Su Pollard.

I've just done the whole South Park entry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_park) but I have no idea how to upload.

Sovereign

From Bin Laden's entry on Wikipedia.

QuoteIn her 2006 autobiography (as excerpted in the August 2006 issue of Harper's), Boof describes bin Laden as obsessed with Whitney Houston, smoking lots of marijuana, and forcing her to dance naked to Van Halen.

He sounds like the sort of guy I'd get along with to be honest.

massive_bereavement

Jackie Chan. "Cannonball" due to his size, or descriptive of his suspiciously overdue birth?

QuoteAs he was a heavy baby, (12 lb at birth, he claims to have spent 12 months in the womb), his mother nicknamed him "Pao Pao" (meaning "Cannonball").

Baxter

Quote from: "Brutus Beefcake"And none of them managed to spell "paedophile" correctly.

It was the little shits at B3ta, what do you expect?

Baxter

From the "red hair" entry

Fucking Gingers

weekender

From the discussion page of the 'tree' entry:

QuoteUhh...is it me or is the picture that comes up at the front page a "penis"?? That's not a tree. I'm removing it.

Custard

From AintItCoolNews' Harry Knowles' page:
"In 1994, Knowles fell while pushing a cart down a ramp at a convention, and was subsequently run over by the cart with its 1200lb load of memorabilia"

Probably shouldn't be funny, but it got me.

Custard

Also, from the same page, and this really shouldn't be funny:
"At age seventeen, Knowles moved back in with his father. His mother died shortly thereafter in a fire".

Break it to us gently, eh?

QuoteNote: Deuce Bigalow is in fact an American gigolo in Europe and is not actually a European gigolo.

Custard

Paul Danan:
"In a bid to boost flagging ratings, Paul was thrown into ITV1's Love Island for a second time but was voted off on the 7th August. During the show's run, he admitted to being allergic to radishes"

Custard

Jo Brand:
"Also, despite rumours to the contrary, she turned out not to be a lesbian"

Custard

Elton John:
"He met his partner David Furnish, a former advertising executive and now film maker, in 1993. On 21 December 2005, they entered into a civil partnership. A low-key ceremony with only their parents in attendance was held at the Guildhall, Windsor, followed by a lavish party at their Berkshire mansion. The Sun newspaper marked the event with the headline "Elton Takes David Up the Aisle"

Bonehead, formerly of Oasis:
"The Arthurs' front room was used on the iconic cover of Oasis' debut album Definitely Maybe. It is believed Bonehead did the floors himself"

Silly and immature

(no, it wasn't me)

TOCMFIC

If you go to Wikipedia, search for "Gone in 60 Seconds", and pull up the info on the original version, it has a still from the movie, listing some actors... One of them just happens to be called George Cole. Despite having nothing whatsoever to do with the British actor, some helpful bod has linked that text to his page, so the implication is that George Cole went to America, appeared in this low budget independent car chase movie...

For some reason I found that amusing.

Baxter

Jackboot
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A jackboot is a type of combat boot that reaches mid-calf, has no laces, and typically has a leather sole with hobnails and heel irons.

This fashion-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.

Mister Cairo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Bad_Jokes_and_Other_Deleted_Nonsense

Not sure if anyone's seen this page but it

Quotecontains material which is kept because it is considered humorous. It is not intended, nor should it be used, for any research or serious use (unless the research is about Wikipedia itself).
Out of intrest, seeing as Something Awful has a Wikipedia, shouldn't Cookd And Bombd have one too? It gets 1830 hits in Google.

Blue Jam

I know someone deleted the letter i from "claims" in an entry on Scientology, but it looks like it's been edited again. Bah.

butnut

Quote from: "Mister Cairo"Out of intrest, seeing as Something Awful has a Wikipedia, shouldn't Cookd And Bombd have one too? It gets 1830 hits in Google.

That's an interesting idea. The closest we had I suppose was the old glossary. How does the somethingawful thing work? Surely it would end up with loads of entries on the various posters and cause a huge amount of in-fighting?

Blue Jam

I don't know, a load of miserable fuckers wanted to delete the Yacht Rock [page because the term was a pretty new description for Really Smooth Music, but then again its fans protested and the page stayed up:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yacht_rock

Edit to say: I'm not saying CaB shouldn't have a page, just that there are a lot of miserable fuckers out there who have nothing better to do that scan Wikipedia for things that piss them off. Had my fill of internet twats this week, was going to start a When Nerds Attack thread in General Discussion but I couldn't be arsed, and it could turn into a bit of a Things thread as well.

Mister Cairo

To work properly and to avoid angry Verbwhores writing the wikipedia would need a thread of its own on here. Each draft could be posted up until a finalized draft iis agreed. People could submit alternate drafts.

Or you could just have someone whose been around here for ages write it and people could PM him ideas.

If Wikipedia threaten to take it down people could just say "We've got 5000 plus people registed here, it's Internet Subculture". The glossary is good but it's not great as a history of Cookd and Bombd. You could have little descriptions of the most well-known posters as well.

butnut

Ahhhhhhhh - I thought you meant create a whole wiki on this site, so there'd be a weekender page, a PT page etc.

Didn't someone try and create a CaB page but it was quickly deleted? If it mentioned the times when the site has been mentioned in the mainstream media then they might be less likely to delete it.

Mister Cairo

And that celebrities such as Charlie Brooker have posted here and saw that it was good.

butnut

Yeah the TV appearance surely makes it wiki worthy?

weekender

QuotePunctureFarm.com contains a forum devoted to people who have had the misfortune to have had a puncture whilst driving their tractor so they can discuss tyre replacement techniques.  Whilst of interest to a few people, notably Bill Parker who had a puncture on his tractor, and Sally Lesterlall who had a puncture on his tractor as a result of his sex-change, this message board sadly hasn't set the tractor world alight, which is still ultimately governed by tractorfuck.com.

No, CaB shouldn't have a page on Wikipedia.

Frinky

Quote from: "Mister Cairo"Out of intrest, seeing as Something Awful has a Wikipedia, shouldn't Cookd And Bombd have one too? It gets 1830 hits in Google.

I think we discussed this for a couple of pages in the old wikipedia thread. The overwhelming answer (from me), was "no".