Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:26:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

[muso] Monitoring live sounds in Acid Pro

Started by El Unicornio, mang, August 07, 2006, 06:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Unicornio, mang

I know this is possible because I did it with my old computer, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to set Acid Pro up so that I can hear my vocals or guitar as I'm playing them over the existing tracks. I end up having to listen with only one ear of my headphones with the volume low. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks

Labian Quest

Could it be your soundcard, I seem to remember that Soundblasters don't support live monitoring but M-Audio etc do, though there might be a driver fix for it.

El Unicornio, mang

I'm not sure, monitoring works for me in Cubase, albeit with a lot of lag, and it stopped working with Acid PRo on the computer that I was originally able to do it on after I reinstalled Windows so I don't think it's the sound card.

Labian Quest

I've never used Acid Pro, but I had a quick Google and there were a few references to 'enabling input monitoring' so maybe you could do a quick search through Acid Pro's helpfiles for those keywords.