Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:41:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Additional capture facility

Started by mitzidog, March 15, 2004, 02:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitzidog

Hi - have recently bought a cool USB capture device which gets v. good results at VCD quality mpg files of about 250Mb for each 1/2 hour prog. Also have Discreet's "Cleaner 5" so can do a realvideo dump for lower filesize.

I am more than willing to use this facility to spread the archive wider and give Neil's poor machine a rest sometimes.

The only downside is that I'm not on the net at home yet, so would have to send encodes on DVDR to someone who can either put torrents up or host.

I'm in London, and if you want something encoded then I'm happy to do it (although remember that I won't be able to do it all at once for the whole of C&B).

Simple rules -
-Good / rare stuff will get put to top of queue.
-You pay for postage for VHS tapes,
-I will send you back a DVDR, and arrange for another to be sent for archiving.
-If you want VHS tapes back for your own collection, then send equivalent postage with the package.
-I'm being as fair as possible with costs, but if supply of cheap blank discs dries up may have to include disc prices as well.

Will give out address for tapes one at a time so I'm not swamped with stuff. I've got some Armistices arriving later this week and won't be on the message boards/recieving PMs for a few days - have time off work hurrah! So if you don't hear for a week or so don' think I've forgotten.

I'm doing this to increase my own collection, to increase the available archive for everyone and because it helps out those who provide such a good site with genuinely decent downloads. If it gets unpleasant or backstabby like other threads about sharing stuff have then I'll quit trying to help. So play nice.