Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:36:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Manchester meet - Saturday September 30th at 3pm in Corbiere's

Started by Abbatoir worker, August 22, 2006, 12:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artemis

It happened simultaneously, then. Me, Culture_Bunker, Abbatoir Worker's friend and friend of a friend were also there and had such a good time we took it to another venue at 4.30pm and beyond! We looked out for other people and even put up a sign!!!!!

Borboski

Oh FFS!  Did you not see us at the bar?  We were there till 4pm!  You had my 6 foot 8 height and Fanny's tache!

We thought that there may be others in there... next time we should really get our shit together and come up with a sign.

Well, you had a sign... a better sign, then.

Artemis

What a monumental cock up. There were several groups that we suspected could be whores, but since they all seemed quite contentedly self-contained, we just wrote a sign, put it in a prominent place and safely presumed that anyone who saw it would come and say hi. Oh well.

Anyone who wants to join me at the Andrew Lawrence gig at the Comedy Store next Thursday night is welcome to.

Borboski

If I had my back to the bar (which I did...) were you on the left or the right hand side...? there were lots of people sat at tables.  I was wary of giving anyone too much of "the eye" lest they thought I was gonna mount them.

sproggy

YEAH!

NeVER mINd aLL THAt... WHeRE's the FuckING PHOTOS!

I want to see Fanny's new tache'

Artemis

We were at  the far end of the place, furthest from the toilets, at one of the larger tables underneath the big round thing with music quotes on it.

gazzyk1ns

Borboski

No recipes.

Ok, i was 5 mins late as my plan had been to sit at a table with the guardian spread out from quarter to, which in retrospect may have been more successful in making sure everyone met.

As it was, I entered saw fanny and no offence at the bar pointing at me mouthing "fuck he really is quite big".

Anyway, they are a couple of gentlemen and we threw beer down our necks for 3 hours.  No Offence agreed with me that rounds put a lot of pressure on everyone and it's better off just getting your own in and Fanny ruined Prison Break by letting split a massive spoiler.  :)  Mrs Borboski turned up and drove me home at aproximately 1900 hours.   Fanny and No Offence trotted off to another pub where no doubt they were pawed by an array of gorgeous female models.  

I hilariously left the loo at the Temple of Conveniance with my flies undone, YET AGAIN i hasten to add, luckily I have new jeans today which should be better, although Fanny compounded this by asking if my nob was big.  I told him it was a grower, and not a shower, which I think was witty.

Here are some pictures:

This is us in Rusholme, which is packed full of traffic and wastes time driving through.

This is Fanny looking surprised and No Offence shutting his eyes in pure, blissful pleasure.

And this is some proof that I was there, my Dominic Diamond mug a bit fuzzy on the side.

Cheers the pair of yis, an afternoon well spent.

Artemis

Our table has no photos of proof we were ever there, unfortunately. You'll just have to take our word for it.

biniput

Balls Balls  i and my twin brother came in at around 1 min before you went to the TEMPLE.  Why move.  The whole thing needs better organisation.  I was there and so close.  My brother had to go and take his wife home so as you were not there i had to leeve with him. I saw you all as well, not realising who you were while looking round. I had the red top with a stripe on it.  All I saw was the badly scrawled sign "verbwhores meet....gone to temple" as I was asking around.  Ho Hum Better luck next time and I Know i should have gone earlier. What a laugh that so many of us were there without suspecting.

Who was the BEAUTIFUL one with the long dark hair.  If i could see her again.

Artemis

Quote from: "biniput"Who was the BEAUTIFUL one with the long dark hair.  If i could see her again.
I think  you're referring to the lady who was with our group. She's not a verbwhore but is a friend of a verbwhore that couldn't make it.

We moved because it was half past four, 90 minutes after we were all due to meet, and despite quite an obvious sign, no-one else appeared to be coming, so we moved on for variation. I agree it's quite funny that quite a few of us were there and no-one knew. Let's do it again and do it more betterer.

sproggy

fanny splendid

Thanks. I was going to twirl it, but none of the fancy gel wax gum stuff that I bought was powerful enough.

We'll all have to agree to wear flowery dresses, or something, next time!

butnut

I would like to second the motion that Fanny's moustache is indeed quite splendid.

no_offenc

Good christ I feel rough.  And look it as well, going by those photos.  Ah well, better luck next time on the whole identifying-other-whores-thing.  It was a good afternoon anyway, I think.

Did anybody find themselves down at the Future of the Left gig at Big Hands later on?  I did, and they were boss, as were Kong.  Though I couldn't breathe in there and I think my bladder shut down because it'd heard about the state of the toilets in there.

Borboski

Ha - they went to the Temple as well?  We were probably in there at the same time as well!

What a bunch of nearly men eh, couldn't organise a piss up in a etc...

OK, if we do another northern one in the new year I second the motion that we come up with the most basic plan to ensure everyone actually meets at the meet.

The Culture Bunker

We were in there at the same time. Someone in our group pointed out you lot in Temple - 'There were at the other place as well, d'you think?' Perhaps I should have said something, but I was too shocked at paying £2.80 for a pint of Tetleys.
Though I found £3 in the change drop in the jukebox, so it all worked out alright.

no_offenc

LadyDay

Obviously you needed more females to sort you all out.

Fanny's moustache scares me.

monkhouse terror

Obviously you needed more monkhouseterror's to sort you all out.

MEET AT OAK HOUSE hurrrrp

Uzi Lover