Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:57:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Manchester meet - Saturday September 30th at 3pm in Corbiere's

Started by Abbatoir worker, August 22, 2006, 12:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abbatoir worker

Sorry to hear that MD, I suppose we have to stick to a date now as we're never going to be able to accommodate everyone.  Maybe you can come for a couple of hours?

All you Lancashire and Liverpool 'whores (sounds like the first line of a folk song) - please come along!  I will buy half a mild for anyone who travels from outside the confines of Greater Manchester*, I can't say fairer than that.  

*Even Yorkshire.

no_offenc

I'll try and book it off work, but I ain't promisin' nuttin.

biniput

Quoteplease come along! I will buy half a mild for anyone who travels from outside the confines of Greater Manchester

FUCKING WOW.

Abbatoir worker

Quote from: "biniput"
Quoteplease come along! I will buy half a mild for anyone who travels from outside the confines of Greater Manchester

FUCKING WOW.

You're not familiar with that euphemism then?

fanny splendid

Toad in the Hole

I'll see AW's half of mild, and raise it to a pint of lager.  Seriously, plenty of others of you had better appear to keep the two of us company...

fanny splendid

I'll take the pint of lager, you'll not get half a mild in any of the establishments mentioned so far.

Toad in the Hole

So, the current state of play for 30th Sept is as follows:

Definite
Abbatoir worker
afrayn
Borboski (pending seating)
Huzzie (pending headgear allowed)
Ambient Sheep
The Culture Bunker
MissInformed
Artemis
wasp_fi5ting
(for a bit, anyway)

Possible

no_offenc
biniput
Uzi Lover
Sovereign
DonkeyRhubarb

Probably not

zozman
fanny splendid
MonkeyDrummer

Not sure from what they've said so far

the midnight watch baboon (pending dead labradors allowed)

I'll try and keep this list updated and link back to it periodically.

Uzi Lover

Borboski

Oh you 'possibles', eh, but who's got the big fat hairy cojones to say "I'll be there, come rain or shine, I will have my pint of staropramen!"???

Bedtime for me now.

Artemis

I'll come along for this Manchester meet up during fresher's week, despite actually living in Fallowfield. How's that for commitment?! What do I get?

zozman

Hold on - they've got Staropramen?  I might have to have a word with Mrs Z.  Bang us down in the 14% likely to attend category.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: "Artemis"I'll come along for this Manchester meet up during fresher's week, despite actually living in Fallowfield. How's that for commitment?! What do I get?

Pah - I'll be taking the harrowing journey up from the wastelands of Didsbury. I expect a bag of peanuts after braving the hazards of the 42 bus.
Put me down as a certain. I'll turn up, it's not like I have anything better to do with my life.

MissInformed

OK, make me a maybe...oh to hell with it, add me to the definites!

Toad in the Hole

The meet is no longer in Freshers Week Artemis - that was the original suggestion.  It's now at the end of the week after Freshers Week - 30th Sep.

fanny splendid

I've checked my diary, and will definitely be in Mankychester on the 30th, so you can put my down as a 'maybe' (though probably not).

Is Corbiere's the one with 'lizards'?

Toad in the Hole

Current attendance list here.  Not sure about the lizards, I haven't been in Corbieres for yonks.

Artemis

Am I not allowed on that list, then? I'll be a definite, although if it starts in the afternoon, I finish work at 1pm so I'll make my way straight there and be completely rat-arsed by the time everyone else turns up.

Toad in the Hole

Abbatoir worker

Quote from: "Artemis"Am I not allowed on that list, then? I'll be a definite, although if it starts in the afternoon, I finish work at 1pm so I'll make my way straight there and be completely rat-arsed by the time everyone else turns up.

Well me and my mate were planning on getting there a bit earlier to save seats anyway because she reckons it'll be busy, so we will see you about 2pm.

wasp_f15ting

Quote from: "afrayn"Funnily enough, I was just about to bump this.  Where's Waspy, for a start?  Who are the other Manchester 'whores?  I forget.

I am working on the 30th night, but I can slip in a few drinks before work :p

Artemis

Manchester whores might be interested to know that Mark Thomas has announced a few dates on 145h, 15th and 16th November at the Dancehouse. He is very, very good live - well worth a visit. His shows always sell out quickly though so hurry up! I'm going on 16th (Thursday).

Uzi Lover

Cheers for that. I'll be going on Thursday as well then, as in my forward thinking I'll go to the meet, we'll become best friends and see each other in every comedy gig in the future. I probably wasn't as fast as you however. Fuck Block 3!

Borboski

Cheers, I may go and see Thomas.

When I arrived in Manchester, aged 22, we went out, and passing Corbieres I dragged my two mates in.  We asked them where all the tarts were - but I, as exciting, said "it's all right mate, I like Bob Dylan and God Speed You Black Emperor!".  That's a bit embarassing in retrospect.

Sovereign

erm I'll be at uni in Salford by then, so I might be able to come. But I am an annoyng undergrad fresher type loser and you might not want to be seen in public with a saddo like me...

.... oh wait its an internet message board meet-up! aaah well in that case leave your self-respect at the door and enjoy yourself!

thats a maybe by the way.

Toad in the Hole

Come on MoFos, what's happened to you all?  I move flat to leave myself without internet access for a few days, and this thread just dies on its arse!

Borboski

Er if I have time I could try and register in different names, "lancashirehotpo21", etc, and say that I'm going bring my whippet and eat crabsticks all day.

MissInformed

Quote from: "afrayn"Come on MoFos, what's happened to you all?  I move flat to leave myself without internet access for a few days, and this thread just dies on its arse!
Once you have said you will be attending, what's left to say? Should we be quibbling about the date? Infighting about the venue? Maybe a daily "oh, can't come now" followed a little later with a "yes I can, just ignore me"?

:-)

fanny splendid

Okay then, in case i bother to turn up, don't have it in Corbiere's. It is the place with the lizards, and that's it's best point.

Edit: Actually, I can't come.

Edit 2: Ooh, I've won the lottery, so that's a definite maybe.