Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:14:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Manchester meet - Saturday September 30th at 3pm in Corbiere's

Started by Abbatoir worker, August 22, 2006, 12:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artemis

Something's come up, I can't make it.

Edit: Oh no, it's ok, I got my dates mixed up, I can come now.

Edit: No, I can't.

Edit: Yes, I actually can.

Abbatoir worker

Well, I'm still coming.

Biniput asked for a map, so here is a link, much better than anything I could draw on the back of a beermat and scan in:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=l&hl=en&q=corbieres&ie=UTF8&near=manchester&om=0&z=16&ll=53.482121,-2.244086&spn=0.00346,0.009656

Corbieres is down a little alley off the top of St Anns St, obviously too insalubrious and tiny to be shown on google maps, but you get the gist.

MonkeyDrummer

Quote from: "Artemis"Manchester whores might be interested to know that Mark Thomas has announced a few dates on 145h, 15th and 16th November at the Dancehouse. He is very, very good live - well worth a visit. His shows always sell out quickly though so hurry up! I'm going on 16th (Thursday).

I bought these tickets on your recommendation and i've not had an email confirming. I tried to ring them with the phone number from the website and that's not working either. I've emailed them too, but again no response.
To top it all off, he's actually playing Leeds a month beforehand.

What I'm trying to say is, I hate you.

Artemis

Quote from: "MonkeyDrummer"What I'm trying to say is, I hate you.
You're not alone. Enjoy the gig. See you there?

MonkeyDrummer

Quote from: "Artemis"
Quote from: "MonkeyDrummer"What I'm trying to say is, I hate you.
You're not alone. Enjoy the gig. See you there?

Yeah, a mini-meet! As long as i can get my tickets sorted out!

Borboski

If I'm stood outside Corbiere's what can I actually SEE?  I know it's down a sidestreet - if I look to my left there's main street.  Is it oppositve Frankie's and Benny's?

Frinky

Quote from: "Borboski"Is it oppositve Frankie's and Benny's?

Not that awful faux-Brooklyn "Italian" resturant? I thought there was only one! The fact that it's a chain is the worst news I've had in the last hour.

Borboski

Oh no, there be loads of Frankies and Bennies.  Shitty and Fuckys as I used to call it.  It's quite expensive.

Although when I was poorer and a meal at Bella Pasta was the biggest treat out me and mrs b could imagine, i was happier!

fanny splendid

Ambient Sheep

Ewwwww, looks like it could get very hot and stuffy of an evening...  :-(

Borboski

Nah it's bigger than it looks.  It can be a bit smokey though.  We can always move on.

Abbatoir worker

Quote from: "Borboski"If I'm stood outside Corbiere's what can I actually SEE?  I know it's down a sidestreet - if I look to my left there's main street.  Is it oppositve Frankie's and Benny's?

Yep, the entrance to Half Moon Street is opposite the Frankie and Benny's, just down from the church on St Anns St.  I am looking forward to meeting you all in a hole in the ground.   Woo!

Artemis

Quote from: "Borboski"Nah it's bigger than it looks.  It can be a bit smokey though.  We can always move on.
Eurgh. I can't wait for the smoking ban to come into place.

MD, did you get your tickets sorted? Are you going to the Thursday gig?

Abbatoir worker

Quote from: "Artemis"
Eurgh. I can't wait for the smoking ban to come into place.

I would have been with you there, except I have been sucked back into Nick O'Teen's evil vortex once more, goddamit.  The sooner they ban it the sooner I won't have to rely on my worthless fucking willpower.

DonkeyRhubarb

Not posted on here for yonks for one reason or another. Might come down to this as its near my birthday and Corbiere's has one of the last great Juke Boxes in Manchester. (Well it did last time I was in there 3 years ago). I' ll be the loner in the coner staring intently at you all.

DonkeyRhubarb

Quote from: "Frinky"
Quote from: "Borboski"Is it oppositve Frankie's and Benny's?

Not that awful faux-Brooklyn "Italian" resturant? I thought there was only one! The fact that it's a chain is the worst news I've had in the last hour.

Never go to a Frankie and Bennies, it is the most average food experience you could ever have. The Pizza is sub ASDA frozen own brand tosh, infact I've had a no-name frozen pizza from Netto that was better quality than a Frankie and Bennies pizza.

Borboski

QuoteThere are a lot of restaurants in Xscape at Glasshoughton, and Frankie & Benny's is one of the better ones. It's similar in lots of ways to TGI's for atmosphere but it isn't as good, but as there isn't a TGI's in Glasshoughton it's a decent alternative.

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/restaurants-cafes-national/frankie-bennys/reviews/

"not as good as TGIs... but a decent alternative..."

MissInformed

Quote from: "Borboski"
Quote"not as good as TGIs... but a decent alternative..."
Should this not have gone in the Bleakest Snippets...thread?

zozman

I'm pulling a sickie - sorry about that.  I've spent far too much lately and I'm skint.  I do have a really nice pair of shoes to show for it though.  And a jacket and some t-shirts.  And a new hard drive.  And some lights for the front room.  And a memory card.  And Civilization IV.  And cirrhosis (more so).

Next meet within 150 miles of me - honest.

Toad in the Hole

Current attendance list here.

And have a look at these:

Corbieres Manchester Google search
Location via Multimap

Maybe we can all take turns in pissing through the letterbox at Frankie and Benny's.

Borboski

Civilisation 4 keeps pulling me back.  I started a "hub" map with 6 nations all round the edges, walkways into the centre where lies resources .  I've spread hinduism across the globe like a filthy wave of crack cocaine. I've just invented fighters and bombber planes and am about wreak misery on the hitherto peaceful world.  I've secured access to gold, silver, oil and steel.  

Excellent, it brings out the megalomaniac in me.

MonkeyDrummer

Quote from: "Artemis".

MD, did you get your tickets sorted? Are you going to the Thursday gig?

Aye, ah did. For some reason The Danchouse email and phone system went down for a couple of days. They phoned me just as I was about to order tickets for the Leeds gig.

Abbatoir worker

I have managed to give up smoking again for the benefit of all your lovely lungs so you best all still come.  Zozman I expect if you turn up wearing all that lovely new gear someone will be overwhelmed into buying you a drink.   My friend said if I make namebadges she won't come so I've nixed that idea.  We can write our vital statistics on Rizla and stick them to our foreheads should we feel the need.

no_offenc

Well I've booked the day off work, so I'm guessing I'll see you cunts there.  It'd better be good.

ha ha ha not again - this 30th date coincides with the date I might be coming to Manchester to see a band (future of the left) play at Big Hands.

put me down as a possible!

Abbatoir worker

ooh I like Big Hands...what're the band like?  Are they on MySpace (is that a stupid question?)  Maybe we will all stalk you up Oxford Rd later on...

Abbatoir worker

Found em:

http://www.myspace.com/futureoftheleft  

Just to save the 30 seconds searching time for anyone else who's interested.

Borboski

Quote from: "Borboski"They sound like a racket to me!

totally!!

they are two ex-members of Mclusky, one part ex-Jarcrew.  See thread in SE for details.

no_offenc