Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:55:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Manchester meet - Saturday September 30th at 3pm in Corbiere's

Started by Abbatoir worker, August 22, 2006, 12:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abbatoir worker

Quote from: "Abbatoir worker"Well, I'm still coming.

Biniput asked for a map, so here is a link, much better than anything I could draw on the back of a beermat and scan in:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=l&hl=en&q=corbieres&ie=UTF8&near=manchester&om=0&z=16&ll=53.482121,-2.244086&spn=0.00346,0.009656

Corbieres is down a little alley off the top of St Anns St, obviously too insalubrious and tiny to be shown on google maps, but you get the gist.

no_offenc

Sound.  Trust me not to read the thread.  And honestly, I apologise in advance if I get pissed off my arse and make a tit of myself.  I did it at the Liverpool meet last year, and I did it at the Leeds meet last year.

Saying that I doubt I will 'cos I'm poor at the mo.  Should be a right laugh anyway though.

Artemis

I wouldn't worry about it, no_offenc. I'm working Saturday morning and I'll be making my way straight there when I finish at 1pm, so by the time everyone else arrives I'm fairly sure I'll be embarassingly drunk.

Abbatoir worker

Sorry about this guys but my grandma has just died and the funeral is Tuesday so I don't think I'm going to be up for many yucks on Saturday.  Do me proud and have a good meet though.

Abbatoir worker

Artemis

Sad news indeed. If only because there'll be one less laydee to drunkenly grope.

So who have we got coming now?

Borboski

I am still coming.  Despite my better nature, two weeks in a row now I've thrown lager down my neck, maybe I can just drink shandy.

But without the booze I'm only half as witty/debonair/rakish...

no_offenc

I'm still going, and probably going to the future of the left gig as well, though i'm meeting at least one mate to go and see that.  Wouldn't mind a pointer on where that is, too.

Down the studenty end of Oxford road/street/avenue/parkway/whatever, is it?  Big Hands?

Borboski

On the other side of the road to a big crap pub called the oxford.  well, 30 meters back towards town.

no_offenc

Sound, I'm sure I'll find my way like.  Can't be that hard.

Abbatoir worker

My friends who were going to come with me are looking forward to it so much they are coming anyway, so please watch yourselves... I mean, please watch out for them!

Borboski

Oh no, not mentals?!

Well, how will we recognise them?  They won't even have stupid names, e.g. "ho ho are you Trumplestiltskin?", "no".

In fact, what is the organic process.  If I'm staggering around looking confused, wave.  I'll have a copy of the Guardian TV guide poking out my right trouser pocket.

no_offenc

I'm easily spotted.  Fat, somewhat Scouse, big sideburns, glasses, short hair, probably there with a tall ginger speccy scouser (goldentony), that's if he's bothering.

Also I am called Ben.

Artemis

Seems like I'll be the only southerner at this meet, then.

By the way, Manchester whores, I've just found out that Andrew Lawrence is in town next week, playing The Comedy Store on 5th, 6th and 7th. I'm planning on going along on the 5th.... anyone want to join me?

Sovereign

If I have the money I'll see y'all there, if not then I won't. I'll be the 6ft3 ginger guy armwrestling the barstaff for pints.

fanny splendid

After just reading the Anarchist thread, I do hope you and Boblairski turn up. I'll turn up to see that!

Sovereign

meh perhaps, I'm off out tonight and I'm off out again tomorrow night, which means 3 nights in a row and even my concrete liver and celtic constitution can't cope with that sort of abuse, so I'm still undecided.

If I'm in any fit state to come, I promise I will crush his skull with one hand just for your entertainment.

Borboski

Heh, I just realised and thought about editing my posts... too late!

Are Celtic Constitution a band?

no_offenc

Apparently goldentony's not bothering now because our band need to practice next week and we need money to pay for that.  So I have no idea if I'll be there or not.  Not sure I trust myself to traverse Manchester on my own.  Even if I'm not during the day I'll probably be at the FOTL gig like.

Bloody people.

EDIT - then again, if I can find my way to Corbieres from the coach station then I'll try to get there.  Fuck it.  Ignore my whining, arf.

Artemis

Aaaah, the inevitable slew of eleventh hour excuses. Same with every meet.

I guess I'll just be there by myself wondering if I got the right place.

no_offenc

Nah, I'll probably go.  Whether I have any money to booze with is another matter.  I will.

chav

Jesus, it's just 24 hours to go, and I'm still umming and arring over whether I should attend. I may take the plunge and do it, though I'll have to get my face pre-blurred to thwart any snap-happy VWs. I guess Ambient Sheep is no longer coming? Tis a pity, for sure.

MissInformed

Quote from: "chav"Jesus, it's just 24 hours to go, and I'm still umming and arring over whether I should attend. I may take the plunge and do it, though I'll have to get my face pre-blurred to thwart any snap-happy VWs. I guess Ambient Sheep is no longer coming? Tis a pity, for sure.
Sheepy and I are undecided - we are still very much hoping to be there.

no_offenc

Just booked me coach ticket to Manc, given as it's about 6 quid cheaper than getting the train, and I'm getting a lift back to Liverpool off my mate who's going to the FOTL gig like.  I think I am anyway.

Reckon I'll have much trouble finding it from the coach station?

extradave

head in a straight line through Chinatown, stop at St. Anns church, turn around and then first left after the RBS.

Borboski

Ok, I'll be there tommorow, I'm going to go shopping as I ripped my jeans today and am reduced to wearing them.  I'm 6"8" alright, so give me a wave, I don't want to be approaching complete (i.e. non-internet strangers) or owt.  I'll probably be reading the paper.

no_offenc

Short hair, fat, 5'10ish, sideburns (lots of sideburns), glasses, shout BEN or NO OFFENK and i;ll probably say hello or whatever.  if i find the fucking place.

no_offenc

Don't expect me to be in a good mood, though.  I'm hungover as owt.

Who's going to the FOTL gig then?  'cos I'm going to need to be able to wander down there with someone.  I'll probably end up dead otherwise, ahahah.  Bluruuugh.

Borboski

Ok, it happened, Fanny, No Offence and myself all arrived splendifly and a good time was had by all.