Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:18:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The 9/11 5 Year Anniversary Spectacular

Started by Al Tha Funkee Homosapien, September 03, 2006, 12:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "actwithoutwords"I can't find a thread on it here, do you know of a good place on the net where it is discussed properly?

http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=11328&start=0

That thread was brilliant, pro-Loose Changers verses non pro-Loose Changers, featuring some good scientific evidence posted by lots of people. Skip to about page 5 or something to get right to it.

Quote from: "S?S!"How's that new thing they're building coming along?

Judging by 3 weeks ago, not very well. It's still a big square hole.

Circusfire

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"
But there was only a limited amount of footage where they were in the lobby, wasn't there? I haven't seen the doc for, well, five years, but maybe only 4 or 5 people jumped in the segments they kept in the documentary.

It sounds like only 4 or 5 people jumped but a lot more of the thudding sounds from the footage in the lobby was actually edited out. Still, at least they did include some of the sounds. I think it is understandable why it was edited, the 4 or 5 thuds are distressing enough.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Did anyone actually get killed by someone falling on them?

gazzyk1ns

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"
I pointed out to the locals the INARGUABLE EVIDENCE that burning kerosene fanned by oxygen wasn't enough to warp the steel structure of the buildings, putting aside the question of the giant hole in the sides, so therefore the US government executed hundreds of innocent civilians at some unknown airbase, based on the buildings not collapsing quite as I would have imagined, but luckily the locals pointed out that I was talking absolute bollocks, so that was alright.

The only reason they didn't believe you was that you weren't blasting a Marilyn Manson MP3 at them whilst you were ranting.

Purple Tentacle

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/magazine/story/0,,1862353,00.html

The Observer have a feature on 'The Last day of Muhammed Atta'.

I got to the second paragraph before thinking "Christ, who is this cunt writing this shit?"

Ah.

It's Martin Amis.

hands cold, liver warm

swing low
sweet airplane
coming for to carry me home
swing low
sweet airplane
the firemen will use their foam

Circusfire

Quote from: "Al Tha Funkee Homosapien"Did anyone actually get killed by someone falling on them?
Yes.
At least one fireman got squished by a jumper.

hands cold, liver warm

Quote from: "Circusfire"
Quote from: "Al Tha Funkee Homosapien"Did anyone actually get killed by someone falling on them?
Yes.
At least one fireman got squished by a jumper.

one of those heavy, woollen ones with a polo neck

ouch!!

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

About one page too late with that joke I'm afraid.

untitled_london

i dont know if i've mentioned this before, but 9-11 was (imo) the best TV ever!

seriously, i'm not being facetious, just frank (if a little unsympathetic).

I can't think of a better moment on TV in all history. the berlin wall was pants by comparison (little conspiracy angle, no tangible immediate human angle, no blood, no jumpers etc). The tv scheduled gulf wars, really failed to deliver anything gratuitous. I only witnessed the "real" gulf wars via youtube and their ilk (ogrish etc).

if i'm honest, i'm surprised our very weak (govt/corp sponsored)media outlets aren't showing 9-11 24-7 in an anorexic'ly thin attempt to garner support & ratings.

i'm not sure why we haven't got a 24/7 hotline focussed on dealing with those who are still "feeling" the trauma despite the fact they have only been affected by the media.

i'm a cynic, i'm sorry.

----------------
edit:

sorry, i'm not trolling i'm expressing my surprise that a forum as well read as this is still debating what should have been largely a non-event. sure the septics took one on the chin, but surely we all saw it coming, and more importantly surely we can all see their response as what it was....

as you were, my apologies, one too many after the sunday lunch perhaps...

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Well yes it was gripping TV. Probably the most well documented attack of this sort ever. Would it have been as horrific if (for some reason) there was only footage of the aftermath?

Dr_Gloryhole

I think it was on this Forum that I read that "30% of Americans don't know what year September 11th happened in"

God Bless America...

InfiniteFury

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"http://observer.guardian.co.uk/magazine/story/0,,1862353,00.html

The Observer have a feature on 'The Last day of Muhammed Atta'.

I got to the second paragraph before thinking "Christ, who is this cunt writing this shit?"

Ah.

It's Martin Amis.

"I stepped up to the plane. The white plane. The big white plane. The big white plane with a door in the side. Inside, inside and through. The door."

I didn't read much of the link but is that pretty much it?

Dr_Gloryhole

According to Wikipedia (Yes I know it may not be 100% accuracte, but i'm guessing it possibly may be on this one)
"2,973 died and another 24 remain listed as missing." Compared to estimates of 40,000-100,000 civilian deaths in Iraq, and the Americans wonder why everyone hates them.

I'm reading about international law at the moment, I cannot understand why bush isn't being tried for "Planning, initiating and waging wars of aggression and other crime against peace", as those at the Nuremberg were tried and executed for

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "InfiniteFury""I stepped up to the plane. The white plane. The big white plane. The big white plane with a door in the side. Inside, inside and through. The door."

Quote from: "Martin Amis, describing Muhammed Atta HAVING A SHIT"Now, emitting a sigh of unqualified grimness, he crouched on the bowl. He didn't even bother with his usual scowling and straining and shuddering, partly because his head felt dangerously engorged. More saliently, he had not moved his bowels since May. In general his upper body was impressively lean, from all the hours in the gym with the 'muscle' Saudis; but now there was a solemn mound where his abdominals used to be, as taut and proud as a first-trimester pregnancy. Nor was this the only sequela. He had a feverish and unvarying ache, not in his gut but in his lower back, his pelvic saddle, and his scrotum. Every few minutes he was required to wait out an interlude of nausea, while disused gastric juices bubbled up in the sump of his throat. His breath smelled like a blighted river.

The worst was yet to come: shaving.

I love the way they seemed to have included a picture of Nicky Wire on the cover of the Observer magazine

Mister Cairo

How can you not move your bowels since May and not be severly ill?

Purple Tentacle

Why would you hold a shit in for four months, then try and force it out mere hours before your spectacular suicide?

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Neville Chamberlain

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"Why would you hold a shit in for four months, then try and force it out mere hours before your spectacular suicide?

Well, it would be a bit stupid and deeply embarrassing if you were thwarted in your attempts to carry out the world's most horrific terrorist atrocity simply because you needed to do a poo.

Santa's Boyfriend

Coming soon:  HOSTAGE!  By Phil Collins (not the guy from Genesis).