Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:38:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Photoshoppery Game : Exquisite Corpses

Started by Rubbish Monkey, March 16, 2004, 01:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rubbish Monkey

Quote from: "Me in the Anything Goes Thread #02"Remember that game where you have a bit of paper drew something secret and pass it another person?

Well here's a photoshoppery site version.
http://anexquisitecorpse.net/
maybe a verbwhores multimongia photoshop game ?
Quote from: "mr rou-rou"yup, get a new thread going, we'll play that, just don't put a stopwatch on it

Well that game is known as an Exquisite Corpse (which i didn't know)....as is the StoryTime2 thread in GD, anyway.....

Basic rules from that website.....

Corpses are constructed from the top down. Each player is responsible for filling a 450 pixel X 200 pixel space. Your space may contain anything that can be contained by a photoshop file. Photoshop is not required, but whatever image manipulation software you are using must be capable of producing a file — .jpg files ideally — readable by photoshop. Scan a drawing. Use photography, clip art, whatever. So long as it the right size and the right format, no imagery is proscribed or prescribed. Unlike some historical examples of Exquisite Corpses we are not using any strict anatomical model. It's pure free form.

The person previous to you will have composed their segment and snipped off the bottom 15 pixels to get you started on yours. That strip of pixels will now dictate to some degree what you can do with your space. You have to pick up where those tail ends leave off. That strip of pixels will now dictate to some degree what you can do with your space. You have to pick up where those tail ends leave off. If you don't, nothing will join up later and what the hell was the point, right? As long as you are employing what was given you, in whatever way you like (that isn't ignoring it), you can do anything you want. You have the option of including and modifying the strip you are sent if you feel that doing so will smooth a transition and benefit the Corpse generally. Or you can only use the strip as a cue and fill you 200 vertical pixels with completely original material.

and you end up with.....

Obviously the here rules will need a little tweak (if it gets played here) and open for discussion.

I think maybe groups or 3 or 4 (5 at the most) random people per corpse, We could pm the bottom to the next person - whoever starts it should either stick the images together (the others pm the full image to the starter (maybe) when done or post them in one post, although that creates a line between the two....

either way we can stare at them with a slack jawed horror type look at  seeing what our sick collective minds have created all in a single thread - much like a satanic Tony Hart's gallery - with the collective titles of images listed of course, for that extra added effect.

What do we think? Too soon after Jalopy? Good idea / bad idea? Those rules are shite mate? (i didnt think of them anyway) Go to bed?

Discuss it or tell me to fuck off now then.

ccab

Sounds like fun - so please, fuck on.

There's one thing that confuses me - In the original game the finsihed scribbles were always folded out of sight.  Is it the same here? For instance, can a player see the entire last image before sticthing something new to it - or just the fifteen pixel-strip snipped off the end?

Otherwise it sounds brilliant - I can see it leading to a huge leaning Babel of RGB - a towering totem-pole of styles - maltese architecture drowning scrollbars in tiers - a deep, seething gallimaufry of brain-jumble.

You are Das Boßmeister so you can set out all the rules & procedures & boring tedious things. But two things I'd suggest are that it's something wider than 450px, and that it's not limited to small groups.

Spaced Cadet

Count me in, this one sounds fun. Not sure how it's going to work though.

mook

Sounds like a nice idea and it'll keep multimongia clipping along. I've seen a couple of these done elsewhere using Illustrator and it's turned out some interesting corpses.

Count me in.

fanny splendid

Excellent Idea, Rubbish Monkey. Count me in on this one.

mook

Well it looks like you've got your first five Mr. Monkey. Do you want to have a trail run just to see if it works out?

Hows about, if it catches on that is doing a horizontal one. it could turn out some interesting wallpapers. Just an idea like.

Rubbish Monkey

Quote from: "ccab"

There's one thing that confuses me - In the original game the finsihed scribbles were always folded out of sight.  Is it the same here? For instance, can a player see the entire last image before sticthing something new to it - or just the fifteen pixel-strip snipped off the end?

Just the snipped bit (i have no idea how big 15 pixels is, but as long as its enough for the next person to be able to see what they have to blend, it should be ok shouldn't it?

Quote from: "ccab"You are Das Boßmeister so you can set out all the rules & procedures & boring tedious things.
Bum!
Quote from: "ccab"But two things I'd suggest are that it's something wider than 450px,

yes i think so too. Those "rules" i just copied and pasted as a guide.
Hows about 600?

Quote from: "ccab"and that it's not limited to small groups.

The web site up yonder where i stole the idea from has 5 people per thingy. Probobly best to see how many peoples want to do it fir,st i suppose, and must remember that you wont see the full fruits of it until the last person has done their part and the size of the thing, although a huge one would be an interesting sight to see. ...by my reckoning 5 people would take around a week, and be 1000x600 in total size....

i think its just the amount of people per thing we have to sort out really.

Quote from: "Spaced Cadet"Count me in, this one sounds fun. Not sure how it's going to work though.

i think it will, as long as people don't piss off halfway through, because that would kind of leave the thing hanging

Quote from: "mook"Well it looks like you've got your first five Mr. Monkey. Do you want to have a trail run just to see if it works out?

should we get rule/prcedures more defined? of just fuck it and make em up as we go? I do have a basic idea how to work it in me head

Spaced Cadet

Quote from: "Rubbish Monkey"
should we get rule/prcedures more defined? of just fuck it and make em up as we go? I do have a basic idea how to work it in me head

Yeah fuck it let's just make it up for a trial run.

Jet Set Willy

I'd like to do a little something on this but I don't have a lot of free time at the moment, so as long as there's no major time pressure I'm in.

Rubbish Monkey

alrighty then. i shall start tonight, when i have done my start bit i will chop off a bit off the bottom and pm it (with a list of players) to the next person the next person shall make their mong and chop a bit off the bottom and pm it to the next person on the list (umm with the list minus their name of course) until the list is done..
The full pictures should be sent to me where i can stick em together and bung up.

if that sounds ok

fanny splendid

mook

I'm looking forward to seeing how this going to turn out..

Darrell

Spaced Cadet

Rubbish Monkey

now that CaB is back up, I have finally been able to pm me bits to start the ball rolling. I shall now sit back with much interest......

ah yes and LOL NO canvas size was 200 vertically and 600 wide...

Cerys

Spaced Cadet

I can smell the anticipation........

mr rou-rou

I'm in, are we waiting for rubbish monkey to show us his top half? fnar fnar

mook

Gah..I'm all confused now. Rubbish Monkey seems to think it my turn but Spaced thinks it isn't.  Is it my go now, if so who do I pass the 15 pixels on to.

Spaced Cadet

Quote from: "mook"Gah..I'm all confused now. Rubbish Monkey seems to think it my turn but Spaced thinks it isn't.  Is it my go now, if so who do I pass the 15 pixels on to.

Sorry I made a right royal tosswank of that post I sent you, yes your next, mong your image onto the strip I sent you and pass on your own 15 pixels. Sorry for the confusion I was in a monging frenzy.

mook

Quote from: "Spaced Cadet"

Sorry I made a right royal tosswank of that post I sent you, yes your next, mong your image onto the strip I sent you and pass on your own 15 pixels. Sorry for the confusion I was in a monging frenzy.

Ok. I'll have a go at this in a bit then pass my strip on to Fanny.

Rubbish Monkey

Quote from: "mr rou-rou"I'm in, are we waiting for rubbish monkey to show us his top half? fnar fnar

bottoms are in this year... pssht, don't you like evaaaah read vogue?

i think its about halfway round you all at the moment in case you were wondering

Jet Set Willy

Sorry, I'm going ot have to chicken out of this one, I just don't have time. I'll forward the thing I got to the next person okay!?

Spaced Cadet

We must be nearly there, can't wait for the result.

Cerys

I feel cold.  All alone in this infinite void.

ccab

Cerys, they didn't leave you out, did they?! That's terrible! - I'd hoped it'd reach you just in time for staircases piled high with witch-skulls on bat-velvet. ;-)

Rubbish, can the latecomers join in?

Rubbish Monkey

those fasionable late people have been added.

Cerys.....Your time is soon.  that was me trying to sound all mystical like

sore bottom mum

I want to be involved too. It sounds mmmagical

to be frankly honest.

Cerys

Yay!  Darrell just did a strip for me!