Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:54:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The LOST Season 3 Thread *** Please Obscure Spoilers ***

Started by 19pack, September 15, 2006, 10:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marv Orange

Quote from: "terminallyrelaxed"I know Hokum's article contains speculation, but if we're not into spoilers here, why does the thread title say *potential spoilers*? Someone could misread that and jump in here with something they've heard and then all hell will break loose.

I think its mainly for ppl who dont download the eps but watch it on C4.

Artemis

Quote from: "Totem_Hokum"Charlie's likely to go at some point this season is what I think. His back story ran dry after the very first episode he had. In the meantime he has just filled the quota of 'novelty brit'. My prediction? Claire finally fully trusts him and he finally gets over the heroin cold turkey/physcological dependence, only for tradgedy to strike at a pivotal narrative moment that also involves some mythology, because they'll assume it's a really, really big deal that Charlie is going.
I very much agree with this, although if the producers aren't aware of how the fans feel, they could mistakenly think that Charlie's some kind of lovable 'runt of the pack' character we all have a soft spot for. Personally, I'd prefer him to have been shot instead of Libby. Although I'm glad they haven't just abandoned her flashback twist, it would surely be better if that could have some kind of an impact on the island... it's hard to see how her background is going to be anything other then inconsequential, regardless of how unexpected it is.

If next week's opener is even half as good as season 2's opener, I'm going to love it. That was one of the best openings to a season I can remember seeing.

Ja'moke

Yeah the Season 2 opener was great, the way it just started down the hatch and you had no idea where you was, just a perfect opener all round.

Can't wait for Thursday when I can download it.

Oh I only just noticed on the dvd extras today that the shark that menaced sawyer and michael had a fucking dharma logo printed on the back of its tail. Was this obvious to anyone else?

Go With The Flow

Yeah, I noticed that MC.

Also, does anyone know the official UK air date for S3 yet? Will UK be getting it in the 6, then 17 episode format, or will we get it in one big fat wodge of episodes? Another thing - how come we don't get it at the same time as America? Big film releases usually have the same release dates, why don't they do the same with Television? Surely Lost (as demonstrated on here) has tonnes of people downloading them before they air in UK?

chumfatty

Quote from: "cool_penguin_0"how come we don't get it at the same time as America? Big film releases usually have the same release dates, why don't they do the same with Television? Surely Lost (as demonstrated on here) has tonnes of people downloading them before they air in UK?

I absolutley agree, I haven't seen a single episode of season 2 on C4 or E4. Had it have aired roughly the same time as America I'd no need to download it on the sly.

Also UK fans could imerse themselves into the whole online conspiracy sites etc without fear of potential spoilers. Bah bring me the head of Channel 4!

Marv Orange

Quote from: "cool_penguin_0"Yeah, I noticed that MC.

Also, does anyone know the official UK air date for S3 yet? Will UK be getting it in the 6, then 17 episode format, ....

I doubt it, C4 waited before airing season 2 so it could show them in one long run with out the breaks.

19pack

QuoteI know Hokum's article contains speculation, but if we're not into spoilers here, why does the thread title say *potential spoilers*? Someone could misread that and jump in here with something they've heard and then all hell will break loose.

I think its mainly for ppl who dont download the eps but watch it on C4.

The 'post spoilers behind links' rule should should count for both casual Ch.4/E4 viewers, but especially for those who download.
All the spoilers (or even foilers, but there's no way of knowing which are and aren't fake spoilers or not) that are being released from various sources on the net will now all be relative to season 3. They'll be downloaders in this thread who won't want to know before broadcast in America that Sawyer is revealed to have been the polar bear's mum all along in episode 3X08.

Just so you know I'm dealing with the title's somewhat vague information about spoilers, I have sent this email to the mod:

QuoteThe thread title need to be altered so that the 4th october date is removed (I think everyone's aware of the date now) and also I think somebody already raised an issue in the thread about the title's term 'potential spoilers'.
If you could change that to something like 'Post spoilers behind links' or something to that effect, everyone will know straight off the bat that 'potential spoilers' in the title does not mean they can dive in and spoil away. Or even edit my original post to warn people that any spoilers or hearsay about yet to be broadcast episodes should all be contained behind a nice safe link.

...Should clear that up.

kidsick5000

What I really want to see the season is the complete and total absence of the slow montage to the sara mccachlan/damien rice/singer songwriter ballad.

In fact can all US dramas stop this now. Seriously, nothing stops an emotional moment than some blatant maudlin record plug.

Anyway. I said it in the last thread on Lost I'll say it again.
I think Kate shot Locke during the bank job paralysing him.

If this turns out to be true, I claim my prize

Totem Hokum

Quote from: "kidsick5000"Kate shot Locke during the bank job paralysing him.

If this turns out to be true, I claim my prize

She can't have. They both happened at different points in the timeline, and if it were important enough to show, we would have seen it already. That bank job Kate did was more a character development tool than anything.

Artemis

If anyone has yet to see this, watch and enjoy. It's the six and a half minute climax to the Lost Experience, and provides quite a lot of juicy information. I don't know it it's a spoiler because I don't know how long they're going to spend telling us all this in season three, but it's something they've already put out there officially so I don't imagine it's a huge season spoiler, just a lot of extra-curicular info.

CookACat

So can I not talk openly about what happens on tomorrow's episode in this thread? Does that count as a spoiler, or is a spoiler referring to episodes which haven't been on yet in America? Can we not label this the US episodes thread, and another the UK one, so as to help my tiny mind?

I am impossibly excited.

wheatgod

We tend to discuss the aired episodes a day or two after they go online, by which time everyone should of had a chance to watch it.

19pack

Quote from: "CookACat"So can I not talk openly about what happens on tomorrow's episode in this thread? Does that count as a spoiler, or is a spoiler referring to episodes which haven't been on yet in America? Can we not label this the US episodes thread, and another the UK one, so as to help my tiny mind?

I am impossibly excited.

We're all squeezing our balls in excitement, CaC, but NO, do NOT talk about yet to be broadcast episodes in the USA. ALL spoilers should be treated the same and posted behind a link. This way, posters can discuss the most recent season 3 episode without someone blurting in mid-thread about how in the episode after next this definately happens.  

I should also point out for clarification, that if any preview for next week's episode is included in the most recently broadcast episode, they CAN be discussed, but I should think only if those previews are speculated upon based upon what footage or info was included in any preview.
ANY spoilerific info relating to future episodes AND the following week's episode which ISN'T directly attributable to what MAY have been shown in any potential "Next week on LOST" post-credits announcement, should all go behind a link.

Only discuss and 'spoil' an episode away AFTER the American broadcast date and preferably after a reasonable amount of time for most posters here to have downloaded it (So next day/evening).

As season 3 is only showing in the USA at the moment, any UK watching viewers should exise extreme caution and employ common sense when thinking about clicking on the thread. If you want to carry on UK Season 2 discussion, carry on that thread, for sure.

wheatgod

Quote from: "19pack"
I should also point out for clarification, that if any preview for next week's episode is included in the most recently broadcast episode, they CAN be discussed, but I should think only if those previews are speculated upon based upon what footage or info was included in any preview.

I thought we tended to refrain from discussing the previews either - ANYTHING in the previews is a spoiler, for those of us who chose not to watch it. I remember last season's previews being extremely spoilerific, if not with specific details then with the direction the storylines are going in.

19pack

Quote from: "wheatgod"
Quote from: "19pack"

I thought we tended to refrain from discussing the previews either - ANYTHING in the previews is a spoiler, for those of us who chose not to watch it. I remember last season's previews being extremely spoilerific, if not with specific details then with the direction the storylines are going in.

Ah. Ok, my mistake, I was only here for the final few episodes of season 2's thread. That was the consensus? If so:

NOBODY DISCUSS THE PREVIEWS FOR NEXT WEEK'S EPISODES EITHER!

The Bejesus

19pack...take a deep breath....and calm....down....see, that's better ;)

19pack

Quote from: "The Bejesus"19pack...take a deep breath....and calm....down....see, that's better ;)

Heh, sorry I have a SHOUTING CAPS-LOCK DISORDER.

Ok, all done...I've had my valium....aaaaaaaaaand I'm relaxed. All better.

Purple Tentacle

I like 19pack's efficient manner, bringing much needed discipline to this board.

Hehe, that sounds sarcastic, but I actually mean it.

Artemis

I go along with everything 19Pack has written, including discussing previews, which were normally missing from downloaded episodes anyway.

Ooooh, I'm all excited!

Purple Tentacle

Can I take Totem_Hokum outside and shoot him, sir?

Marv Orange

Quote from: "wheatgod"We tend to discuss the aired episodes a day or two after they go online, by which time everyone should of had a chance to watch it.

Frankly if you haven't seen the ep the day it becomes available don't complain if ppl discuss it in the thread. If you haven't seen it stay away from the thread until you have.

kidsick5000

You know, I think Im staying off this thread for this season.
I'll wander past to see what people are saying, but I'm not going to post.

This might all seem pissy to point it out, but There is just so much crap flying about what you can post, when you can post it.

See you on the other threads.

That is until its revealed that Kate shot Locke during her bank raid therefore paralysing him

Ja'moke

Yeah I got told off a couple of times during last season because of spoilers, but the thread was titled "Lost Season 2 (Spoilers and Chat)" so it confused me.

wheatgod

The thread is for people who have watched the US broadcasts, so would be spoilerish for people waiting for to see it on Channel 4 or DVDs. Its not that difficult to understand.

So to reiterate- discuss the episodes that have been shown
but not anything from the previews
or from other internet sources
with the possible exception of vague speculation

Agree?

chumfatty

Quote from: "kidsick5000"

This might all seem pissy to point it out, but There is just so much crap flying about what you can post, when you can post it.

[/b]

It's really not that difficult to understand, we only talk about what has already been aired on the actual Episode* nothing else, speculate as much as you want as long as it isn't based on something gleaned from anything external to the recently aired episode.

So to summarise - talk about the latest episode, don't come onto the thread unless you've seen the latest episode

Sorry if thats seems condescending, but it's hardly rocket science.

*minus the next eps preview.

Artemis

We can talk about the most recent episode as soon as it's been broadcast in America, however discussion must be resiricted to what's happened in episodes or person speculation.

Off topic: spoilers of any sort and previews of forthcoming epidodes.

I think I get it.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Everyone on the island gets tired of Locke's mystery man act and vote him for eviction.

imitationleather

Yes, I'm happy with all these spoiler arrangements. The previews at the end of episodes are absolutely ridiculous and I can't understand why anyone would ever watch them.

The fact that now there's no massive gaps between episodes (apart from the thirteen week one after episode seven or so) is good for preventing accidental leaks as well. What happened last season was that there was a gap of about five weeks between episodes and a lot of people who read these threads didn't realise a new episode had been broadcast. So they came in here and were confronted with info detailing how Slapped Arse Face and the Big Man Lover had been shot by Michael, which was a bit annoying.

Oooh... In 24 hours (more or less) I'll be downloading it!