Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:45:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The LOST Season 3 Thread *** Please Obscure Spoilers ***

Started by 19pack, September 15, 2006, 10:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marv Orange

It's not as bad as what channel 4 do. Their teaser for the season 2 finale more or less condensed every major incident in to 10 seconds including the whiteout at the end.

Artemis

The channel 4 trailers were abhorant. They literally did give away the plot of each episode the week before. Horribly, dreadful things they were. I felt very sorry for anyone still watching it for the first time at that point.

19pack

Here is a 1m 44s clip from today's season opener:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bIVSVZq_6Q&eurl=

See how I posted the link and not the video? Anywho...Be really careful, because it's ever, ever so spoilerificious!*

*No really, it is.

I never played the lost experience - all of the videos have wound up on youtube, I watched the final one which someone posted on here, very interesting stuff... I kind of want to watch the other ones too but I'll be damned if I can work out the order and I'd really like to watch them in sequence:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=lost+experience

Did anyone here play it and if they did would they be kind enough to give me a running order?

19pack

Ooh here's another:

http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2006/10/new-tale-of-two-cities-clip.html

It's fairly similar to the preview they released about 2 or 3 weeks ago and offers little more, but it's still new footage.

gazzyk1ns

I've just come in here to say that I keep mis-interpreting the thread title in my head - i.e. that it's asking people for obscure spoilers. I imagined that it would be full of posts like "In the 3rd episode, Hurley is wearing brown shoes.".

Rev

Quote from: "Munday's Chylde"Did anyone here play it and if they did would they be kind enough to give me a running order?

http://www.thelostexperience.com is probably your best bet, if you have a lot of time on your hands.  It has details of everything involved from the beginning.

terminallyrelaxed

Hooray! Torrents up already. 'S03e00' - is it a two-part opener with the second being e01? I would have thought 01 and 02 would have made more sense, anyway theres only a few and I can sleep with the computer on so will leave it 'til I wake up and see whats there, but you might want to kick it off before you go to work in the morning, there should be plenty to choose from in a few more hours....

TTT

S03E00 was on last week, it was just a recap episode. S03E01 is up on some sites now though.

terminallyrelaxed

ffogems

I can't use torrent anymore. Could some kind person upload the episode to some holding place like SendSpace? I would be forever grateful and will send pictures of women in underwear as stipulation if neccessary.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I'm downloading it now. Why is it that no matter how many hundreds of seeders a torrent claims to have, the most it ever really gets is about ten? I wish it had come out a week later, as I'm halfway through downloading season one.

Ja'moke

Just watched Episode 1 of Season 3, spoilers from now on...

I liked the way it opened up very similair to the Season 2 opener, with a character we've never met playing music (although this time it was a CD rather than a viynl.

So we now know that 'the others' live on an island nearby? or was it the same island, I couldn't tell? in modern houses, in what looks to be a small village. The underwater hatch was confirmed and it looks as if that the Dharma Intiative was set up to test on animals, as bears, sharks and dophins were all mentioned in this episode.

Marv Orange

its the same island

Who would have thought that Jacks wife had an affair with a talking polar bear whose grainy fart became sentitant. The bear after making lots of money from his coca cola sponsership deal bought a island in hawaii. So he could retire with his grainy fart.

I thought Kate had some cheek taking the fish biscuit after eating breakfast.

Ja'moke

Haha so true, but I'm thinking that she didn't eat the breakfast as she was being stubborn.

Preview of Episode 2:

http://www.watchlost.com/video/previews/302.wmv

Artemis

For the record, and i'll only post this once, anyone needing download links (not torrents) should PM me. I'll let you have them Thursday mornings.

Artemis

Great beginning, dire ending. You'd never catch Prison Break finishing up like that. I did like that they didn't attempt a "what happened to everyone" episode. They still need to cram more into episodes - what have we learnt after 45 minutes? Hardly anything at all. All in all, I am slightly dissapointed but still good to see it back.

Marv Orange

I share your feelings. But remember the first 6 eps will be a mini story so hopefully there should be a lot more incident to look foward to.

I've just started watching it,

I never expected the others to be a bunch of Stephen King reading suburbanites

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

Quote from: "Artemis"For the record, and i'll only post this once, anyone needing download links (not torrents) should PM me. I'll let you have them Thursday mornings.

You're pretty awesome, and sexy too probably!

Thos torrents were too slow! They show about 4,293 seeders but it still takes hours to DL...

Anyway, obviously spoilers-

Good opening, but it wasn't all that mind blowing to me. Nice to see there's more to the island. I like the new chick. She has nice heaving boosoms. Henry Gale's name revealed! (Ben)

The show itself suffered from two things - a Jack flashback episode. Usually pointless and boring (did anyone really think his dad would've been bonkin' his wife?) and the lack of the support cast. Having Sawyer, Kate & Jack look sullen for 41 mins aint enjoyable to me.

I initially thought the new Other woman was Desmond's girlfriend from the end of series 2 but then I realised that wouldn't make a lot of sense. I agree it was annoying not seeing the rest of the survivors, particularly Eko, Desmond and Locke.

purlieu

Alright episode, certainly what was there was great, but as others have said, it's what wasn't there that made the episode a bit... empty.  Still, looking forward to seeing where it's going.  Maybe the first six will be in this setting and the other seventeen will continue as 'normal'...?

Artemis

Quote from: "purlieu"Maybe the first six will be in this setting and the other seventeen will continue as 'normal'...?
Cor, I bloody hope not. I want some development, some evolution, some complexity. This opening episode gave us none of that. I mean, come on. What do we know now after 45 minutes? Henry Gale's name is Ben. They know about the Losties (we knew this already), they work with animals (we knew this too), there's an under-water station (we kind of knew this), Evangeline Lilly looks bloody magnificent (this has always been obvious). Were we supposed to feel excited when Sawyer escaped? I wasn't in the least bit bothered. They hadn't sold the set-up to me. The more I think about it, the more I'm dissapointed with this opening show.

Why close season two in such an 'extra layer' way then completely disregard it in the opener? What happened to Michael sailing out to find rescue? What happened to Desmond, Locke and Eco? These things would have been far more exciting then watching another dull Jack flashback, and the three of them held against their will. Everyone could have guessed at this - Lost's great appeal is the unravelling of stuff you didn't even think of. And in this episode it never came close.

Mr Philip Dawsons

I'll have to disagree wih you there Artemis. I never imagined that the Others lived in a suburban community with book clubs and muffin baking. I though the whole valley village thing was pretty interesting. Ex-Dharma status also confirmed.

It wasn't perfect, but I think that both Ben and Tom are hitting an interesting note of evilness. Also, the Jack storyline obviously has some importance, which is gratifying after all the wank we've put up with so far. The Sawyer solves the puzzle, is really chuffed and gets a fish-biscuit was actually pretty funny too.

I'm always praying for people to ask a few more questions, but we all know by now that's taboo. Hopefully Sayid will get amongst them at some point.

Rev

It is just this group for the first six episodes; this is supposed to be a kind of mini-series before the lengthy break, after which things return to normal.  They've been selling it as such for ages, and it sounded like a good idea at the time, but after this one I've gone off the idea.

The opening was great.  I was absolutely suckered into thinking that it was a flashback until 'Ben' arrived, but it was back to the usual water-treading after that.  The kind of episode you'd expect in the middle of a series, but not at the beginning.

Hypnotoad.

Yep, I have to say I'm fucking useless at spotting things, in this and prison break. I figured it was a flashback, Desmonds girlfriend

Seemed as though it was an earthquake, until the bloke who was under her house repairing the plumbing flashed past on screen and I thought "fuck, he looked like Ethan"

Sure enough, overhead came the plane, and Lost was back

But it was a disappointing opening, nothing happened at all really. I thought at first Ben was going to try to integrate Kate somehow into their community, until he said "....the next few (two?) weeks will be very unpleasant"

Good to have Lost back though, Thursday nights after the pub will quickly become Lost and Prison Break sessions once more

fanny splendid

Crappest special effects ever.

Other than that, did season 2 end? Did season 3 start? Do we care anymore?

My Name Is Earl season 2 has been superb so far, hasn't it?

Ja'moke

Quote from: "Rev"It is just this group for the first six episodes; this is supposed to be a kind of mini-series before the lengthy break, after which things return to normal.  They've been selling it as such for ages, and it sounded like a good idea at the time, but after this one I've gone off the idea.

The opening was great.  I was absolutely suckered into thinking that it was a flashback until 'Ben' arrived, but it was back to the usual water-treading after that.  The kind of episode you'd expect in the middle of a series, but not at the beginning.

No because on the next weeks preview it shows Sayid, Sun and Jin. Or do you mean it's set at that side of the island for the first six episodes?

SPOILER BELOW

Mod Edit: Don't ruin the thread for other people by posting spoilers which they can easily see.

chumfatty

Quote from: "Mr Philip Dawsons". I though the whole valley village thing was pretty interesting. Ex-Dharma status also confirmed.

Not so sure about this, the whole converesation between Jack and Juliette (Schwing!) was a bit vague.

(paraphrased)

JACK - is this one of their stations.

JULIETTE - They called it the Hydra

JACK - And you're whats left?

JULIETTE  - It doesn't matter who we were, its who we are now...........

The vagueness here is suspicious, maybe they were not necessarily employees at Dharma, but subjects of the experiments. They all volunteered to live in some mock surburban town for a year whilst they were monitored and then the 'incident' occurred, and maybe they all went mad for a bit. I dunno just throwing out some random guesses, but I dont believe we have a load of ex-Dharma employees on the island, or maybe they are inter-mingled with survivors of other Boat/Plane/air balloon crashes.

Artemis

Also let's not forget that Ben is not in charge. When locked up he made reference to 'He' that would kill him if he screwed up.